DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #16
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
Yep, if i could go on getting the PAP at a price that is less than the discounted DVC price for an AP, I would continue buying it too but because of that fact I have serious doubts it will be extended, i.e., the issue is not why Disney offered it in the first place (only as a short time promotion) but why it would be crazy enough to continue selling us a PAP at a price that is less than the discounted AP? You will need some drunken sailors running the organization for that to happen (and I am praying I will have to eat crow).
Let's hope for drunken sailors!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #17
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I don't see them extending it and we did not get one, because we are never sure when we will be there, nothing in our life is that definite.

While it was a great savings on a PAP, it basically discounted things we won't use, water parks, golf, Disneyquest and the merchandise discount. After 30 years of going we might buy one Christmas ornament per year and that is it.

So we will stick to buying multi day tickets or the regular annual pass when we are more certain we will actually make two trips in a year.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 03:40 AM   #18
disEAR
DVC Member

I don't see them extending the promotion. If it was me, and I knew for sure I was going back before the cutoff time to activate. Then I'd get them. If I wasn't sure, I wouldnt bother.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #19
Friendofpluto
DIS Veteran

I can see something similar in incentives offered next year. The perks have picked up a notch. Sure to make people think twice before reselling and to encourage new growth. I like when things like this are offered. Makes me feel a little better when paying my dues. Wish they would stay still though for a few years.
Friendofpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #20
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendofpluto
I can see something similar in incentives offered next year. The perks have picked up a notch. Sure to make people think twice before reselling and to encourage new growth. I like when things like this are offered. Makes me feel a little better when paying my dues. Wish they would stay still though for a few years.
I think it's important to do things like this for DVC members, we don't see as much pixie dust like cash paying guests (which I am fine with and not complaining, I love being DVC. I consider my pixie dust going at least 1x a year!) So offering a nice perk is definitely something that makes us feel special. My parents bought into DVC 20 years ago and at first had free park tickets and other perks. They slowly disappeared and its nice to see a return of perks that have a good value. I hope that if they discontinue this perk that they continue to have similar perks that all DVC members can take advantage of at different times.
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #21
mom of princessx2
DIS Veteran

So...I can buy these now and not activate them until my next trip??
We buy AP's every other year and make 3 trips within the 12 months and of course we are not set to buy our next AP until next Nov. Can I buy these now and start them on our next trip and still get my full year?

ME DH DD9 DD6
mom of princessx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #22
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of princessx2 View Post
We buy AP's every other year and make 3 trips within the 12 months and of course we are not set to buy our next AP until next Nov. Can I buy these now and start them on our next trip and still get my full year?
I'm curious about this as well. We have 6 days left on some old no expiring tickets that I was going to use for next year in November. Not sure I want to pay $1600 right now though.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #23
CRobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of princessx2
The current deal on the PAPs is that you must purchase them by 12/31/12 and activate (use) them by 12/31/13. Once you activate them, they are good for a year. So, you could buy them now and start using them next November

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #24
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
I'm curious about this as well. We have 6 days left on some old no expiring tickets that I was going to use for next year in November. Not sure I want to pay $1600 right now though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRobin View Post
The current deal on the PAPs is that you must purchase them by 12/31/12 and activate (use) them by 12/31/13. Once you activate them, they are good for a year. So, you could buy them now and start using them next November

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Just confirming - you can buy the $399 DVC PAPs now and not activate the pass until next year. AS CRobin posted, you have to buy them by 12/31/2012 and you have to activate them by 12/31/2013.

We aren't going until December 2013, but I bought our DVC PAPs online last month. I took the will-call option and we won't activate until December 2013. (You can also pay a few dollars more and get an exchange certificate mailed to you, but I'm happy with my confirmation number and they also sent me an email confirmation).

So we'll be covered for our December 2013 trip as well as our two 2014 trips. So happy to have this discount! It would be too good to be true to see it extended, but you never know! It wasn't fun spending the money now instead of next year, though. Fortunately, I do not mind committing to go to WDW.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #25
nyck
Mouseketeer

I just bought my mom one for Christmas today! We have the same address and I already have a Disney Premier pass so now we can go more often!

nyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #26
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
I don't see them extending it and we did not get one, because we are never sure when we will be there, nothing in our life is that definite.

While it was a great savings on a PAP, it basically discounted things we won't use, water parks, golf, Disneyquest and the merchandise discount. After 30 years of going we might buy one Christmas ornament per year and that is it.

So we will stick to buying multi day tickets or the regular annual pass when we are more certain we will actually make two trips in a year.
We may follow your lead-do you know if the regular AP will still have the $100 DVC discount going forward?
Old 12-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #27
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
We may follow your lead-do you know if the regular AP will still have the $100 DVC discount going forward?
I don't see that perk going away.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #28
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
I wish they would offer some sort of a deal on the one that is good on both coasts. Our current AP's are good thru March but next summer we want to visit DL for a change....but then the FOLLOWING YEAR we would be back to the FL resorts...I hate missing out on buying these AP's for such a good price but we just wouldn't get to use them until 2014.
We are in the same exact boat as you. We are going to DLR in June and won't be going back to WDW until 2014. I too wish they would of put some sort of discount on the Premier AP (or whatever it is called)....DH said he would of bought that in an instance if they did. If only they would make this a permanent discount for all DVC members, whether they bought DVC direct or not, however I am with the others and say that they more then likely won't .

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #29
mom of princessx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
Just confirming - you can buy the $399 DVC PAPs now and not activate the pass until next year. AS CRobin posted, you have to buy them by 12/31/2012 and you have to activate them by 12/31/2013.

We aren't going until December 2013, but I bought our DVC PAPs online last month. I took the will-call option and we won't activate until December 2013. (You can also pay a few dollars more and get an exchange certificate mailed to you, but I'm happy with my confirmation number and they also sent me an email confirmation).
So we'll be covered for our December 2013 trip as well as our two 2014 trips. So happy to have this discount! It would be too good to be true to see it extended, but you never know! It wasn't fun spending the money now instead of next year, though. Fortunately, I do not mind committing to go to WDW.
Yeah!!! Now I need to talk to DH. We have never bought the AP with waterparks because we didn't think we would get our use out of it. This is a good deal!!

ME DH DD9 DD6
mom of princessx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #30
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Yeah!!! Now I need to talk to DH. We have never bought the AP with waterparks because we didn't think we would get our use out of it. This is a good deal!!
Another good perk is you get 20% off merchandise instead of 10% with the regular AP.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: