Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
shburks
DIS Veteran

Need TA Advice

My TA whom I have enjoyed working with is suddenly not responding to my emails. I need a resort booked post-cruise (cruise is Jan 27) and DCL transport. She hasn't responded to me in days.

Obviously I can book the resort myself. Can I book DCL transport myself?

She is also the listed TA for a cruise for next summer but now I'm not sure I want to keep her. I'm nervous. I need to change the cruise to next fall but not even sure she'll get back to me.

What can I do here? Starting to freak out a little bit...

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
poohfriend
DIS Veteran

It will be okay!

First, don't freak. Cause I'm sure it's fine. Maybe there is a reasonable explanation of why she hasn't responded.

Second, my understanding is that you can add transfers the day of if need-be. I've never tested this theory with Disney Cruiseline. ANyway, there is plenty of time to connect with your TA before the cruise in January.

Try emailing and calling once more and indicate that you are a little anxious. Is there another agent with the same company or is this a solo-agent. You may be able to get someone else to assist you.

Good luck. BUt I know it will all work out fine.
Boardwalk Inn 9/07-- welcomed our Soldier Home!;
CSR 1/2008 ; POR 3/2008 & Wonder Cruise 3/2008...What a beautiful Day at CC
Circle of Life 5K..Jan 2009 WL; Magic Cruise December 2009;
Star Wars Weekend 05/10 at POP'
ASMu & Dream Cruise 1/2011
Dream Cruise March 2012 & Yacht Club Concierge plus Fantasy Preview March 2012
AoA -- September 2012; Contemporary November 2012
AoA -- August 2013
Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy May 2014
poohfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

YOU cannot add transfers in advance--your TA will have to do that. But she can do it up to 3 days before the cruise. You can also add transfers on the day of the cruise if need be. No, I don't like to do it that way, but you can.

You can book your own resort stay if you wish. That is a new reservation and is not connected with the DCL trip.

As to the summer cruise--the only way you can "dump" her is if she agrees to return the cruise to DCL. She has to agree and do it. I would suggest that you talk to a supervisor at the agency and let them know of your frustration with trying to reach your agent. And don't panic yet...you have plenty of time.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner
YOU cannot add transfers in advance--your TA will have to do that. But she can do it up to 3 days before the cruise. You can also add transfers on the day of the cruise if need be. No, I don't like to do it that way, but you can.

You can book your own resort stay if you wish. That is a new reservation and is not connected with the DCL trip.

As to the summer cruise--the only way you can "dump" her is if she agrees to return the cruise to DCL. She has to agree and do it. I would suggest that you talk to a supervisor at the agency and let them know of your frustration with trying to reach your agent. And don't panic yet...you have plenty of time.
I thought she had to add the transfers. Just want all the details worked out. She held a resort reservation for me last week but then stopped replying to my messages and didn't complete the reservation.

She's the owner of the agency so I don't know what else I can do at this point.

What about a room only reservation that she made? I can cancel that, right? Had a WDW only trip planned for Feb before I booked the cruise

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks View Post
I thought she had to add the transfers. Just want all the details worked out. She held a resort reservation for me last week but then stopped replying to my messages and didn't complete the reservation.

She's the owner of the agency so I don't know what else I can do at this point.

What about a room only reservation that she made? I can cancel that, right? Had a WDW only trip planned for Feb before I booked the cruise
I don't know what the cancellation terms are on your room only reservation--you might want to check the fine print. Sorry that I can't help.

OK, if she owns the agency, you are kinda stuck at this point. If the cost of the reservation has not changed for the summer cruise, you can cancel and rebook either on your own or with a different agency. That's sometimes easier than getting her to release a reservation back to DCL. Again, if you signed anything with her, know the terms; some local agencies impose a fee if you cancel.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: