Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #16
ThePrincess&TheJohn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS85 View Post
Will be eating a late dinner at Narcoosee's next week... What are your favorite things on the menu? I love seafood, but do not eat steak (or most beef entrees). But if the steak's your fave, I still want to know!
Ugh, I am so jealous of you. We just ate at Narcoosee's last week and it was the best meal of the trip out of all the signatures we tried. Seriously great. Personally, I love beef so my favorite was the filet mignon and lobster tail, but my husband got the full 2 pound lobster and loved it. I tried it and everything was fantastic.
ThePrincess&TheJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #17
chinhk
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how different would the dinner menu be if I were to dine here using my deluxe dining plan? Am I right to think that they have a separate menu for DDP with smaller selections.

Previous trips
24-28 June 2004 Kyriad Hotel - Disneyland Paris
22-26 Dec 2004 Newport Bay Hotel - Disneyland Paris
3-6 April 2006 Santa Fe Hotel - Disneyland Paris
18-21 Dec 2006 Cheyenne Hotel - Disneyland Paris
11-16 July 2007 Disneyland Hotel (Castle Club) - Disneyland Paris
Feb 2010 Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge - Magic Kingdom
Dec 2011 Sequoia Lodge - Disneyland Paris
4 Feb 2012 - Hong Kong Disneyland
chinhk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #18
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinhk
Does anyone know how different would the dinner menu be if I were to dine here using my deluxe dining plan? Am I right to think that they have a separate menu for DDP with smaller selections.
It's the same menu and you will use 2 of your Deluxe dining plan credits.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #19
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinhk View Post
As Pakey said, there is no separate menu for DDP/DxDP users. As far as I know, none of the Disney-owned venues have a separate menu for DDP/DxDP users. For the cost (2 credits regardless of dining plans), the lobster or "surf and turf" are good choices (and they are both very yummy). Enjoy!
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #20
mimimischief
Mouseketeer

Mmm

We had the pleasure of dining there last fri. The 2lb lobster and the au gratin were amazing. Hubby had the homemade fettuccine with shrimp and lobster also a winner. The cheesecake is the best dessert in Disney!
I order the baked chocolate mouse. Very rich and decadent, but I couldn't keep me fork away from the cheesecake.

CSR-Dec 12-16 2012
POR-Oct 9-15, 2011
CSR-May 15-20 2010
CSR-Feb. 21-28 2009
CBR-Sept. 10-14,2008
POR-Oct, 2007
POR-Oct.8-15,2005
Off site- March-2000
mimimischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #21
chinhk
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. We will definitely consider making ADR at the Narcoossee's.

Previous trips
24-28 June 2004 Kyriad Hotel - Disneyland Paris
22-26 Dec 2004 Newport Bay Hotel - Disneyland Paris
3-6 April 2006 Santa Fe Hotel - Disneyland Paris
18-21 Dec 2006 Cheyenne Hotel - Disneyland Paris
11-16 July 2007 Disneyland Hotel (Castle Club) - Disneyland Paris
Feb 2010 Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge - Magic Kingdom
Dec 2011 Sequoia Lodge - Disneyland Paris
4 Feb 2012 - Hong Kong Disneyland
chinhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #22
Belle83
DIS Veteran

We ate there on Monday and loved it My fiancé had the Surf & Turf. I tried his lobster and it was awesome. He thought it was the best lobster he'd ever had. He really loved his steak too, and was surprised by the size (typically with Surf & Turf, the steak is smaller).

I ordered the scallops and loved them.

The cheese plate appetizer was awesome! We shared the coconut creme brûlée as a dessert. It was pretty good.

It was my favorite Signature of the entire trip (also ate at Yachtsman's and Jiko). Don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:32 AM   #23
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u
DIS Veteran

We also ate here on Monday for my 40th Birthday dinner. My wife had made reservations months ago and told them it was my Birthday. They gave us the table at the window directly across from the castle so we could watch the fireworks. Most of our party had the surf and turf and it was wonderful. Service could not have been better!
MrEVILdrPorkchop2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #24
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEVILdrPorkchop2u View Post
We also ate here on Monday for my 40th Birthday dinner. My wife had made reservations months ago and told them it was my Birthday. They gave us the table at the window directly across from the castle so we could watch the fireworks. Most of our party had the surf and turf and it was wonderful. Service could not have been better!
We were there during Wishes too We watched from outside though. We had great service that night too, best of the entire trip.
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #25
Nixie
DIS Veteran

This was our top dinner of our stay!! Our server was amazing. Food was amazing. Hubby is now a Disney convert because of this resturant LOL. He had the calamari, surf and turf and almond cheesecake. I had the mussels, whole Maine lobster, and the almond cheesecake. The calamari was much better than the mussel app. We were truly spoiled by Be Our Guest's mussel app. It blew every other mussel app ( Brown Derby, Narcossee's, Yatchsmen) outta the water. Both of our entree's were fav, but I give mine the edge. The lobster wa 2+ pounds. The claws on my lobster were as big if not bigger than my fist. Ah-mazing!! The cheesecake was very yummy. It is much thicker and creamier than regular cheesecake.

Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #26
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

I'm taking my mom to Narcoossee's for our first night in WDW and these reviews are making her mouth water! She's afraid she won't be able to finish her lobster (she never had it before and is very excited to try it), are they always almost two pounds or could she ask for a smaller one?

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 12-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #27
VS85
Mouseketeer

So I finally got to eat here after drooling over your posts! I had the mussels, lobster and mango sorbet. Needless to say, I was stuffed an wishes I was wearing stretchy pants instead of a tight dress! The mussels were delicious - the chorizo in the broth made all the difference. That lobster... Oh my goodness. It was beyond. Probably the best lobster I've ever had in my life. The veg on the plate was great too. I was so full that I could only take a bite of the potato gratin, it was so creamy and rich. I honestly was so full that the thought of a rich dessert was making my stomach uncomfortable so I got a nice, light and refreshing mango sorbet. It was perfect and came with an assortment of berries. I adore mangos. It had great flavor but not too sweet.

But my favorite thing? The caramelized sea salt on the butter!!!!! Do they sell that?? I was in too much of a food coma after the meal to ask, but I really want some of that!

Our server Tom was so wonderful and gracious. We went out on the balcony and watched Holiday Wishes, and it was really magical. I can't wait to go back to Narcoossee's and try more of the menu
VS85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: