Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
Steamboat Girlie
I WANT TO BE LOCKED IN THE DISNEY VAULT! "Huh-huh. Up and at 'em, pal. Oooh boy, are we glad you're here, big doin's goin' on, so let's get started! See ya real soon!"

Question for/about travel agents...

I had been working with a travel agent. He was going to reserve a cabin for me on opening day for 2014. Anyway, he ended up holding a cabin that I wasn't too thrilled with. I ended up going on the Disney website and reserving the cabin I wanted myself. So then I called him, for him to "claim" the reservation. And he was off for the weekend, and the agent working said they wouldn't be able to claim it until Monday. Well, the cabin was only held until Sunday. So I was afraid of losing the reservation, so I paid the deposit on the Disney website. The agent I spoke with (on Sat.) said they would still be able to claim the reservation even if I paid the deposit.
So cut to today. It's now Wednesday, and the agent isn't answering my calls or emails. Am I on my own here? Am I going to deal with Disney direct from here on in? I really wanted to work with this agency, as I heard very good things about them. I'm just confused right now. Can they still claim the reservation, or is it too late because I paid directly through Disney?

1976; 85; 86; 88; 96; 04; 08 - off site, 1983 - Disney's Polynesian Village, 2000 - Disneyland Resort, 02 - Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, 02 - Walt Disney World Swan, 02 - Disney's Coronado Springs, 04 & 09 - Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Villas Resort, 05 - Disney's Pop Century Resort, 08, 09 & '12 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, '11 & '13 - Disney's BoardWalk, '12 - Disney's Old Key West, 13' - Disney's Bay Lake Tower

Steamboat Girlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat Girlie View Post
I had been working with a travel agent. He was going to reserve a cabin for me on opening day for 2014. Anyway, he ended up holding a cabin that I wasn't too thrilled with. I ended up going on the Disney website and reserving the cabin I wanted myself. So then I called him, for him to "claim" the reservation. And he was off for the weekend, and the agent working said they wouldn't be able to claim it until Monday. Well, the cabin was only held until Sunday. So I was afraid of losing the reservation, so I paid the deposit on the Disney website. The agent I spoke with (on Sat.) said they would still be able to claim the reservation even if I paid the deposit.
So cut to today. It's now Wednesday, and the agent isn't answering my calls or emails. Am I on my own here? Am I going to deal with Disney direct from here on in? I really wanted to work with this agency, as I heard very good things about them. I'm just confused right now. Can they still claim the reservation, or is it too late because I paid directly through Disney?
Call Dreams Unlimited(Disboard sponsor). We used them for our October cruise and they were WONDERFUL! Several agents have been named on these boards--we used Merri-- she was very responsive.
kathie859 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
tobikaye
DIS Veteran

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/fa...authorization/

See the link above from the DCL site. From the way I read this, as long as you have not paid off your cruise, you can still switch the cruise over to a travel agent.

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do - Walt Disney
tobikaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

A reservation can be transferred to an agent up to the time it is paid in full. However, the agency gets less commission than if it had been booked by them originally.

The above post could be mine. Just remember that you are buying both the agency and the agent and be sure that you are happy with both.

I can't say what is going on in your situation...but I wouldn't give up on the people you chose at least until you can talk with them. However, there should be someone who can help you if "your" agent is off!
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Wow I wouldn't put up with that I recently used a TA that people raved about and I had nothing but issues. If it starts out bad then change. Also I would email the head of the agency
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: