Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #16
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaphia View Post
where did you "turned in the car"? and how did you get back to airport when going back home? if you don't mind sharing where you stayed at Cocoa Beach?
We stayed here. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...h_Florida.html

I got a super deal on last minute travel for $50 a night. It wasn't the greatest hotel in the world, but it is right on the beach and served it's purpose. The rental car places aren't far from the port and they all have shuttles that take you right to the terminal. I woke up and went to the beach for about an hour, DH drove to Walmart for some last minute things. Took a shower and turned in the car around 11. We went to the port, checked in and were on board around 12:30ish.

On the way back we rented another one way car and got off the cruise and they have the spots outside the terminal for each individual rental car place. It was super easy. We had late breakfast and went to Ron Jon's after we got the car and I think we were checking into our WDW resort by 11 am.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #17
Cheerio
Welcomed Guest
Has adorable photos in her signature...

We took a limo from MCO to the Residence Inn for the night cost us $140, a 2 bedroom suite was $240 and included hot breakfast in the morning.

From there, a motorcoach shuttle picked us up for $3 each and took us to the port Super simple!
Disney Fantasy February 2014 - Trip Report (in progress)

Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #18
mdinowitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
has anyone stayed right in MCO at the Hyatt? I'm guessing you would just use the DCL transfers with that..wouldn't have to deal with our luggage that way right
I'm looking for convience as well as not wanting to break the bank
If you go this route, you will likely need 2 rooms to accomodate 5 people. Do not book the 2 rooms online. If you book 2 connecting rooms over the phone they will be able to give you a family rate where the 2nd room is 50% off. They can still apply AAA or other discounts to the first room. In order to do this you cannot put anyone over 18 as a registered guest in the 2nd room- but nobody will police who stays in which room.
mdinowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #19
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdinowitz View Post
If you go this route, you will likely need 2 rooms to accomodate 5 people. Do not book the 2 rooms online. If you book 2 connecting rooms over the phone they will be able to give you a family rate where the 2nd room is 50% off. They can still apply AAA or other discounts to the first room. In order to do this you cannot put anyone over 18 as a registered guest in the 2nd room- but nobody will police who stays in which room.
Will they allow you to use a roll away bed in a 4 person room? We were assigned a 2 person room with a king bed; they had no 2 bed rooms available. They did bring in a NICE roll away for my daughter as we really prefer to sleep separately. I have no personal experience with 5 in a 4 person room.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #20
CanadianMomma
Earning My Ears

We stayed at the Hyatt right in the MCO after arriving at 9:30 pm with a 2 year old and 8 year old in tow. We loved the room. We took the DCL transfer from the airport to the port the next day. We left our luggage in the room and didn't see it again until the ship If you arrange it all its very convenient and I didn't think it broke the bank and was worth it for the convenience!
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #21
pinkcess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMomma View Post
We stayed at the Hyatt right in the MCO after arriving at 9:30 pm with a 2 year old and 8 year old in tow. We loved the room. We took the DCL transfer from the airport to the port the next day. We left our luggage in the room and didn't see it again until the ship If you arrange it all its very convenient and I didn't think it broke the bank and was worth it for the convenience!
How early could you board the bus to leave for the port?
pinkcess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #22
CanadianMomma
Earning My Ears

I honestly don't remember for sure.... We did arrive super early in port, I seem to remember we got there by 1pm? We had tons of time regardless.
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #23
TXDCLfan
Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcess View Post
How early could you board the bus to leave for the port?
10am ish
TXDCLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #24
mdinowitz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Will they allow you to use a roll away bed in a 4 person room? We were assigned a 2 person room with a king bed; they had no 2 bed rooms available. They did bring in a NICE roll away for my daughter as we really prefer to sleep separately. I have no personal experience with 5 in a 4 person room.
We were told that they wont put a rollaway in a room that already has 2 beds, but I'm not sure if they enforce that rule or not. I've stayed at other hotels which have said that the max occupancy was 4, but as long as the 5th was a child it was OK. My personal opinion was that the room would have been uncomfortable with 5 people.
mdinowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #25
Summerl30
Mouseketeer

Quote:
has anyone stayed right in MCO at the Hyatt? I'm guessing you would just use the DCL transfers with that..wouldn't have to deal with our luggage that way right
I'm looking for convience as well as not wanting to break the bank
I think its up to 4 people per room. When I called, they said since the kids were so young it was ok. Didn't know about the 50% off other room, though! They didn't tell me about that on the phone.
Summerl30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: