Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #121
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

We're biting the bullet and telling the kids this weekend!!! For us it's 'only 3 months' but for the kids I know it'll be 'omg that's forever!'...so we'll probably be regretting that decision about a week later but we really want to get them into the planning stage at some point. I was trying to convince my 12 year old that she needs dress shoes (for formal night) and she's giving me a 'mommy is crazy' look because she knows that she really needs back to school shoes, not dress shoes. Ah well, it'll all make sense to her on Sunday.
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #122
iwishiwasariel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSkinner View Post
In my mind I keep going, 3 months, 3 months OMG only 3 months. Can't decide if I'm excited or scared of all the things we still need to do!
Honestly I'm a little scared to be in the same house right now while she gets everything ready and finished! Lol!
iwishiwasariel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2013, 01:03 AM   #123
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwasariel View Post
Honestly I'm a little scared to be in the same house right now while she gets everything ready and finished! Lol!

Hey wait! My dh said the same thing about me!
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
Old 08-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #124
HappyGirl2578
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergusBC View Post

Hey wait! My dh said the same thing about me!

Now that is funny.
HappyGirl2578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #125
pigletforever
DIS Veteran

my husband adheres to the policy - stay out my way and to tell him when and where to be and he will have a good time. Works for us. My son on the other hand has OCD and trusting me to get it all done is another story.

1994 off site (WDW), 1996 Contemp (WDW),
2006 AKL CL (WDW), 2009 OCTOBER 21-25 Sheraton Anaheim (DLR), 2010 Jan 4 -9 Holiday Inn and Suites (DLR)
Dec2010/Jan 2011WL (WDW), November 16,2013 Wonder, November 23, 2014 Magic
pigletforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #126
TJSkinner
Earning My Ears

Dh is like can we please talk about something other than Disney! Just soooooo glad my teenage daughter still wants to talk to me at all. And do not see what the problem is with talking about Disney.
Got out FE hanger started. Next step make 2 more payments then passports. Good to have a plan.
Disney Cruise November 2013
TJSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #127
pigletforever
DIS Veteran

A friend is making our FE for me. I can't wait to see it. I bought the fabric and mailed it to her and gave her free creative reign.

Usually my older son and his wife go on our Disney excursions so I can talk to them before a trip. They can't go this time so I have no one to share my excitement. DH and younger son always have fun when we get there but they don't want to hear about it continually. I can't understand why.

1994 off site (WDW), 1996 Contemp (WDW),
2006 AKL CL (WDW), 2009 OCTOBER 21-25 Sheraton Anaheim (DLR), 2010 Jan 4 -9 Holiday Inn and Suites (DLR)
Dec2010/Jan 2011WL (WDW), November 16,2013 Wonder, November 23, 2014 Magic
pigletforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #128
brookehorne
Earning My Ears

Hello!! We just booked this cruise with my sister and her family. We would love to join in on the FE fun. It will be 2 families to join the list.
Who is organizing it?
Should I just post our info here?
We sailed with Disney Wonder in January and the FE group was a highlight for my family.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #129
TJSkinner
Earning My Ears

FE sign up is on the Facebook page Cruise Disney Wonder Galveston Nov.16. But you need to hurry sign up is closing August 21.Oh and welcome.
Disney Cruise November 2013
TJSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #130
iwishiwasariel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSkinner View Post
Dh is like can we please talk about something other than Disney! Just soooooo glad my teenage daughter still wants to talk to me at all. And do not see what the problem is with talking about Disney.
Got out FE hanger started. Next step make 2 more payments then passports. Good to have a plan.
I'll always talk to you momma if its about Disney!
iwishiwasariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #131
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Yay! I can talk to the kids about it now! We did the grand 'reveal' yesterday afternoon. Kids have been bouncing off the walls ever since (fortunately(?) I am at work today so dh is having to deal with it)

I video'd their reaction but haven't had a chance to edit/upload. It went pretty much as we figured: confusion, excitement, anger, then back to excitement .

And we've already had to use the 'if you don't behave we'll cancel the trip!' threat...which they know is a bluff seeing as mom & dad are as excited as they are.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #132
HappyGirl2578
Earning My Ears

Countdown begins for me. (I know I used D-World instead of DCL..accident)

Time to start the diet so I can load up on Mickey Bars.
HappyGirl2578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #133
Martinimama
Earning My Ears

Yay! I'm so glad we are under the 90 day mark. I also am on a diet since I would like my clothes to fit when we get back and I have full intention on eating desert every day and participating in some of the various tastings. Yay!
Martinimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #134
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

And don't forget - there's self-serve ice cream on deck 9!!! I didn't know that on our last cruise. How did I not know that last time?! I swear that's the first thing I'm doing when we get on board this time - EAT ICE CREAM!!! Then get a drink of the day. Then EAT MORE ICE CREAM!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #135
Martinimama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergusBC View Post
And don't forget - there's self-serve ice cream on deck 9!!! I didn't know that on our last cruise. How did I not know that last time?! I swear that's the first thing I'm doing when we get on board this time - EAT ICE CREAM!!! Then get a drink of the day. Then EAT MORE ICE CREAM!
Count me in! We still have not to the kids.....I'm glad you had the courage. I just can't stand listening to "how many more nights?" 800 times a week. Lol
Martinimama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: