Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #76
hudson3709
"It started with a mouse"
 
hudson3709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 97

Last fam in our group booked their flights a couple days ago so it's into final planning mode now. Staying by IAH before the cruise as all the flights are coming in at different times.

So excited to finish making the hotel and transportation bookings.
hudson3709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #77
HappyGirl2578
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 25

Just Booked

Looking forward to my first DCL experience.
HappyGirl2578 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-30-2013, 08:23 AM   #78
Martinimama
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Washington state
Posts: 23

Happy girl, hello and welcome. Who will be traveling with you? It's our first disney cruise as well.
Martinimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #79
HappyGirl2578
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinimama View Post
Happy girl, hello and welcome. Who will be traveling with you? It's our first disney cruise as well.
Hi. I'll be traveling with my boyfriend. However, I think sometimes we are kids(we are into our late 30s). I've always loved Disney and hit up D-Land at Christmas time for the atmosphere, with the great deals from Houston decided to try a DCL cruise.
HappyGirl2578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #80
FergusBC
DIS Veteran
 
FergusBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beautiful BC, Canada
Posts: 522

Welcome aboard, happygirl! After this, Disneyland at Christmas is on my must-do list! That's actually what I was planning before when Dh expressed some concern about doing to Dland and having to walk everywhere (he was waiting for knee surgery) so we booked a cruise instead. And now I'm hooked! But I still want to go to Disney at Christmas. Sigh..why can't I just win the lotto and be done with it?

And now the all important question! Who's dressing up with us for Pirate Night?
__________________
Disneyland, April 2010
Disney Wonder, Pacific Coast Repo Cruise, Sept 2011 ("Best holiday EVER!", says 10 year old daughter )
Disneyland, September 2011
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #81
HappyGirl2578
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergusBC View Post
Welcome aboard, happygirl! After this, Disneyland at Christmas is on my must-do list! That's actually what I was planning before when Dh expressed some concern about doing to Dland and having to walk everywhere (he was waiting for knee surgery) so we booked a cruise instead. And now I'm hooked! But I still want to go to Disney at Christmas. Sigh..why can't I just win the lotto and be done with it?

And now the all important question! Who's dressing up with us for Pirate Night?
I will be hitting up the Halloween stores towards the end of October when they are clearance(ing?) the costumes. Sucks that is between the longest two port days, does anyone know why?

Disneyland is amazing at Christmas time. Second weekend in December is the best in my opinion. Hours are late like summer, yet not as crowded with parents waiting til kids out of school to go. The candle lighters ceremony is one not to be missed with whatever celebrity at the time. It's truly magical if you get sentimental about Christmas stories and songs.

Looking forward to seeing a DCL ship; I'm hoping it has some of the Christmas magic.
HappyGirl2578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:24 AM   #82
Martinimama
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Washington state
Posts: 23

We are defiantly dressing for pirate night! Even tricked the boys into being pirates for Halloween ( was not hard lol) that way I only have to sew one costume each instead of two. They can get a little out of hand. Last year they were Mario and bowser ( but mommy I must have a real shell with spikes ) don't worry I don't pander to their every whim, just most of them lol
Does anyone know how the nights will fall on the cruise ? Formal , semi pirate etc?
Martinimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #83
HappyGirl2578
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinimama View Post
We are defiantly dressing for pirate night! Even tricked the boys into being pirates for Halloween ( was not hard lol) that way I only have to sew one costume each instead of two. They can get a little out of hand. Last year they were Mario and bowser ( but mommy I must have a real shell with spikes ) don't worry I don't pander to their every whim, just most of them lol
Does anyone know how the nights will fall on the cruise ? Formal , semi pirate etc?
From what I've read Formal will be our first sea day. The pirate night is already listed on our Disney Itinerary. It's the night of Jamaica; which is our longest port day. Which sucks because we have early port with Grand Cayman the next day.
HappyGirl2578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #84
pigletforever
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,138

3 more

Add three more to the group. Me my husband and our 11 year old son. First cruise - can you believe as a TA I have never done a Disney cruise. We were to go to WDW in October but my son is having some medical issues so we decided that after the next couple months we will need to unplug for a few days. Can't do that as well at WDW as you can at sea. So good bye WDW HELLO Wonder!
__________________
46 46 11

1994 off site (WDW), 1996 Contemp (WDW),
2006 AKL CL (WDW), 2009 OCTOBER 21-25 Sheraton Anaheim (DLR), 2010 Jan 4 -9 Holiday Inn and Suites (DLR)
Dec2010/Jan 2011WL (WDW), November 16,2013 Wonder, November 23, 2014 Magic
pigletforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:24 PM   #85
FergusBC
DIS Veteran
 
FergusBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beautiful BC, Canada
Posts: 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGirl2578 View Post
From what I've read Formal will be our first sea day. The pirate night is already listed on our Disney Itinerary. It's the night of Jamaica; which is our longest port day. Which sucks because we have early port with Grand Cayman the next day.
What? Where? Seriously? There's nothing on my itinerary so I've been waiting with bated breath for the first cruisers to start posting the Navigators in early October
__________________
Disneyland, April 2010
Disney Wonder, Pacific Coast Repo Cruise, Sept 2011 ("Best holiday EVER!", says 10 year old daughter )
Disneyland, September 2011
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #86
HappyGirl2578
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergusBC View Post
What? Where? Seriously? There's nothing on my itinerary so I've been waiting with bated breath for the first cruisers to start posting the Navigators in early October
If you login to DCL website and go to my reservations and then a whole bunch of boxes pop up the last one is download/email pre arrival guide. I can't insert image here without a URL...haven't figured it out yet. Hope it helps some.
HappyGirl2578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #87
FergusBC
DIS Veteran
 
FergusBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beautiful BC, Canada
Posts: 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletforever View Post
Add three more to the group. Me my husband and our 11 year old son. First cruise - can you believe as a TA I have never done a Disney cruise. We were to go to WDW in October but my son is having some medical issues so we decided that after the next couple months we will need to unplug for a few days. Can't do that as well at WDW as you can at sea. So good bye WDW HELLO Wonder!
Wecome and always great to see more fellow cruisers! Sounds like you made a great choice picking the cruise over WDW
__________________
Disneyland, April 2010
Disney Wonder, Pacific Coast Repo Cruise, Sept 2011 ("Best holiday EVER!", says 10 year old daughter )
Disneyland, September 2011
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #88
FergusBC
DIS Veteran
 
FergusBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beautiful BC, Canada
Posts: 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGirl2578 View Post
If you login to DCL website and go to my reservations and then a whole bunch of boxes pop up the last one is download/email pre arrival guide. I can't insert image here without a URL...haven't figured it out yet. Hope it helps some.
Oh way cool! I remember sending myself that ages ago but I'm sure it didn't have that stuff listed..!

We loooooooooved Pirate Night. Dh asked me a while ago..."there were fireworks, right?" ...Umm, yeah, don't you remember? There may or may not have been rum consumed that evening. Only so that he could do the whole Captain Jack "But why is the rum gone?"...
__________________
Disneyland, April 2010
Disney Wonder, Pacific Coast Repo Cruise, Sept 2011 ("Best holiday EVER!", says 10 year old daughter )
Disneyland, September 2011
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #89
JR6162
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9

Just booked

Hi all! My Mom and I just booked our 6th Disney cruise, and we are set to sail with you on 11/16! We've always taken the 3-4 night cruises, so we are excited about the 7 night! Since this is our first 7 night, we will be experiencing formal night for the first time. How formal is it? We are also planning on hitting the clearance after Halloween for Pirate night. Fun times!
JR6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #90
Ohana 4
DIS Veteran
 
Ohana 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 964

Getting so excited!!! We checked in to our port arrival time and excursions last night! That means we're getting closer! We didn't book Palo yet, as we don't know which dining order we'll have. I think we'll book that when we get on the ship! Anyone else stay up late with me to check in?
__________________


Ohana
June 2011 Wonder Alaska (1st cruise)
March 2012 Fantasy W. Carib. (Maiden Voyage)
Oct. 2012 Wonder Hawaii (1st 2-week cruise)
Dec. 2012 Dream Bahamas (NYE)
Feb. 2013 Magic Cozumel (Grand Slam cruise)
Apr. 2013 Magic Cozumel (1st Gold Cruise)
July 2013 Dream Bahamas (With BFFs)
Nov. 2013 Wonder in Carib. (Fall Fun!)
June 2014 Wonder Alaska (A return to Paradise)
June 2015 Magic Norway/Iceland (A dream come true!)
Ohana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: