Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #31
Martinimama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergusBC View Post
Yay, the more the merrier! Welcome FairiesRule (and family)!

And JodyTG, I'm sure your husband would appreciate your thoughtfulness in ensuring he has the opportunity to relax from the stresses of life...

And if not, I've always worked on the premise that's it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

Has anyone made pre/post cruise plans? We're flying in Thursday night so that we can spend Friday sightseeing in Galveston. I wish we could have had more than one day but seeing as we're already pulling the kids out of school for over a week...Not that they would complain...if they knew...which they don't...
We are flying in on Friday and staying at the harbor house on pier 21. Apparently right down the street from disney dock, and the kids should be able to see the ships come into dock from the room....
Martinimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #32
katzs13
For the love of Disney

Hello

We just booked this cruise. This will be our 6th cruise. We also have a b2b planned for April 2014. That will be a 5 day carribean followed by a 15 day thru the Panama Canal. Those will be our 7th and 8th. We just booked this one due to the deal. We will be a 7a gty. It will me me, my husband and our then 6 year old daughter. We cannot wait. We just love cruising with disney. Add us to the FE please. We will be flying in the day before.
katzs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #33
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinimama View Post
We are flying in on Friday and staying at the harbor house on pier 21. Apparently right down the street from disney dock, and the kids should be able to see the ships come into dock from the room....
Great minds think alike...we booked the Harbor House too. I hemmed and hawed over a bunch of hotels and finally short-listed three and sent the list to DH. He said HH was his first choice and as it was also my first choice I figured I'd better book it LOL. I also checked the schedule and there's no other cruise ship due in port that day so nothing to block our view of the Wonder in the morning!!

We're thinking of renting a car just for the day and tootling around the island on the Friday. Not sure yet and (as DH keeps reminding me...) lots of time yet to decide, darnit.
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #34
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzs13 View Post
We just booked this cruise. This will be our 6th cruise. We also have a b2b planned for April 2014. That will be a 5 day carribean followed by a 15 day thru the Panama Canal. Those will be our 7th and 8th. We just booked this one due to the deal. We will be a 7a gty. It will me me, my husband and our then 6 year old daughter. We cannot wait. We just love cruising with disney. Add us to the FE please. We will be flying in the day before.
Welcome aboard but I warn you, I'm so jealous - the Panama Canal cruise is up high on my bucket list! If they ever schedule one for NOT in the school year, I will beg, borrow or steal to get on board!
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
Old 05-14-2013, 12:44 AM   #35
katzs13
For the love of Disney

Quote:
Welcome aboard but I warn you, I'm so jealous - the Panama Canal cruise is up high on my bucket list! If they ever schedule one for NOT in the school year, I will beg, borrow or steal to get on board!
We figure she will be in 1st grade, the principal and we think she learns a lot more on a cruise. She still does all of her school work but she also does a journal to tell the class what she saw and did. Great learning tool..

Also she is only a child once why not do things she will remember. We just like doing everything we can to let her see places she would normally never see. We get with the school and they have always worked with us. It is true thou, that kids learn more when they are on a cruise. They see and experience so much more.

Less television, more adventure.

It her childhood memories. Might as well live it up as much as we can.
katzs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #36
Martinimama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzs13 View Post

We figure she will be in 1st grade, the principal and we think she learns a lot more on a cruise. She still does all of her school work but she also does a journal to tell the class what she saw and did. Great learning tool..

Also she is only a child once why not do things she will remember. We just like doing everything we can to let her see places she would normally never see. We get with the school and they have always worked with us. It is true thou, that kids learn more when they are on a cruise. They see and experience so much more.

Less television, more adventure.

It her childhood memories. Might as well live it up as much as we can.
I agree! I'm so excited for my boys to see the cultural difference in the places we visit. It's why we picked this itinerary. Jamaica is beautiful, however the socio-economics are tragic. It's good for kids to understand there's more to life than the newest game system or whatever. I was an adult before it raveled out of the USA and I want to be able to instill a lust for adventure I these boys from the beginning.

I also really want to do panama but am waiting till youngest is 6 or 7.......

Welcome aboard!
Old 05-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #37
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

I agree...my dad worked for an airline so we travelled a lot when I was a kid. Wish I could do the same with my kiddos but we try to pack as much as we can when we can go Missing school gets harder on them as they get older though, so this will probably be the last time we pull them from school other than just for a day or two. Sigh...
Old 05-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #38
Martinimama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I agree...my dad worked for an airline so we travelled a lot when I was a kid. Wish I could do the same with my kiddos but we try to pack as much as we can when we can go Missing school gets harder on them as they get older though, so this will probably be the last time we pull them from school other than just for a day or two. Sigh...
I understand. Our kids already have so many commitments, (swimming lessons, soccer, Awanas,) on top of school. I can only imagine what it will be like in a few more years. This trip is perfect timing because fall soccer gets over 10 days before we leave. Yay. Your kids will remember this trip forever, maybe not roman history or calculus, but this trip for sure!!!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #39
lgold1212
Earning My Ears

Facebook Page Created!

Hi All!

I recently created a Facebook page for the Nov 16 Galveston Wonder Cruise! Here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/113999545437182/

Come join in on the fun!

~Lyndsey
lgold1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:19 AM   #40
lgold1212
Earning My Ears

Excursions

Anyone started looking into excursions??? I heard of a some private island in Cozumel....a non Disney excursion???
lgold1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #41
hudson3709
"It started with a mouse"

Excursions. We are doing Jewel Runway Bay Beach excursion in Jamaica with the company Jamaicaforaday.com.
In Grand Cayman we are just getting a cab to the beach for the day.
In Cozumel we booked Nachi Cocum because it looks like there will be quite a few ships in port, and we have been there before and love it.
hudson3709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #42
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

We haven't made any final decisions on excursions but our current state of mind is probably just doing a Disney excursion to the Mayan ruins in Cozumel.

Grand Cayman we'll probably just walk around town and then taxi/bus to 7 mile beach. We also want to see Hell. Just to say we went straight to Hell .

Jamaica - we're looking into a private tour but not quite sure yet what we want to see....
Old 05-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #43
hycastillo85
Earning My Ears

Just Booked our Cruise!!

Hello Everyone!!
We just booked our first Disney Cruise... me, My husband, daughter (5 at the time) and son (almost one year at the time) will all be there.

Anyone else cruising with infants? I am a little nervous. Our daughter was 3 yo the last time we cruised so I have no experience with that.

Looking forward to getting to know some people before the cruise. For those participating in the Fish Extenders... how does it all work? Is there a separate group? Please let me know.

Joing the FB group now....

Thanks!!
hycastillo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:37 AM   #44
tlynk
DIS Veteran

DH and I decided to move our trip up a month due to his job, so we won't be going on the voyage afterall. I hope everyone has a great time!

DLR- too many times to count! (Offsite, DLH, DGC) Walt Disney World (offsite, DTD, Dolphin, CBR, WL (x2), CSR, POR, BC, WL Club Level, SSR, BWV, VBR, POP, BCV) Disney Wonder 01/09 (3N Bahamas), 08/10 (5N Key West), 10/11 (7N Mexican Riviera), 5/12 (7N Alaska), 10/13 (7N Western Caribbean out of Galveston):Proud Owner of OKW 2010
tlynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #45
ForeverWithStitch
Earning My Ears

Hello! My Fiancé and I will be joining!!!! This is our 2nd Disney Cruise Vacation!!!!
ForeverWithStitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: