Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Should we bother with a line app?

We never bothered with a disney wait time app for the rides. We are going in slow season - Nov. 4-8. Is it even worthwhile for us? If so, how much help would it be?
Rhonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
tinkerbelt
DIS Veteran

We use one, and really love it. It helps when you're trying to decide what to do next. It's especially helpful when a ride gets closed down in the middle of the day. That way we're not walking all the way across the park to find out that something is broken down, or that there's over an hour wait.

tinkerbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
ClosetDisneyJunkie
Mouseketeer

I'm curious about this as well. I did add MouseWait on my iphone in anticipation of going to DL (I leave Tuesday for 3 days in the park, yay!).

I'm curious to know how much in-park use people make of these apps. I've been looking at wait times periodically on MouseWait on days of the week that correspond to my time in the park for planning purposes, but I have a feeling that once I'm actually there I'll likely stick to the plan and not, for example, run across the park just because Splash Mountain happens to only have a 15 minute wait at a given moment. I will probably check it from time to time just to see how accurate it really is, though.

That said, it's a cool app! I'm sure there are other great ones out there as well. For me I think it's about building anticipation for the trip and doing some planning/projecting more than anything else. I'd be really interested to see what the pros think though. I've only had the app for a couple of weeks.
ClosetDisneyJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #4
mrswh
DIS Veteran

I find the apps semi useful. (Interestingly, the least useful is the Disney Mobile app, IMO.) Most of them are free and take about a minute to download, so why not just put it on your phone and check it out while you are there. If it's helpful, great, if not, oh well.

One tip I will share, though - rather than just checking the time, actually click on your specific ride and (on many of the apps) you can see what time the wait time was last reported. That gives you an idea of how reliable the information is. Also, sometimes for whatever reason, people like to enter random wait times, and if you look at the list of reported times you can ignore the ones that are clearly false.
mrswh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Does it matter what phone or carrier you have? We have an iPhone with AT&T - which app is available for that?
Old 09-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #6
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonna View Post
Does it matter what phone or carrier you have? We have an iPhone with AT&T - which app is available for that?
Mousewait, it's free I find it very useful for deciding what to do next. If we want to get on, say, Space, we can see how long the wait is instead of walking all over the park to find out that there is an hour+ wait.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #7
Brisal73
Earning My Ears

Mousewait is THE app most Disneylanders use. Much better than the WDW version.

Also, if a ride closes down you can always ask the Cast Member at any attraction if a ride has opened back up and they will check for you.

Last edited by Brisal73; 09-15-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Brisal73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #8
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Mom View Post
Mousewait, it's free
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
Mouewait is THE app most Disneylanders use. .
Where/how do we get it? Online? My sister's the one with the iPhone and I don't think she's ever done an app. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #9
Brisal73
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Where/how do we get it? Online? My sister's the one with the iPhone and I don't think she's ever done an app. Thanks!
search for them on Google if you cannot find it within iTunes
Brisal73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #10
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
search for them on Google if you cannot find it within iTunes
Thank you.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #11
ClosetDisneyJunkie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Rhonna, what might be easiest if your sister doesn't synch her phone very often (I don't either) is to download it straight to the iphone. There should be an icon on her iPhone that says "App Store". Touch that and the use the search feature to search for "MouseWait". It should take you straight to the right app (note that it's free and the app author is listed as app316.com, make sure to do the CA one, not FL).

Touch the listing for the MouseWait app. there will be a button next to the title at the top that says "FREE". Touch that. Then it changes to "INSTALL APP" touch again. It will probably then bring up a screen to type in your password for itunes. type it in and enter. MouseWait will then automatically download and install on your phone and be ready to use.

Sounds a little complicated, I know, but it's actually pretty straightforward and seamless.

Enjoy! It's a neat app. And fair warning, once the iphone app store is discovered your sister may become pretty addicted to playing with the tons of apps available
ClosetDisneyJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #12
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosetDisneyJunkie View Post
Rhonna, what might be easiest if your sister doesn't synch her phone very often (I don't either) is to download it straight to the iphone. There should be an icon on her iPhone that says "App Store". Touch that and the use the search feature to search for "MouseWait". It should take you straight to the right app (note that it's free and the app author is listed as app316.com, make sure to do the CA one, not FL).

Touch the listing for the MouseWait app. there will be a button next to the title at the top that says "FREE". Touch that. Then it changes to "INSTALL APP" touch again. It will probably then bring up a screen to type in your password for itunes. type it in and enter. MouseWait will then automatically download and install on your phone and be ready to use.

Sounds a little complicated, I know, but it's actually pretty straightforward and seamless.

Enjoy! It's a neat app. And fair warning, once the iphone app store is discovered your sister may become pretty addicted to playing with the tons of apps available
Thanks! We just did it and it went fine. Didn't realize you could do it from the phone without directly connecting to the computer.

Should we have allowed the "PUSH" notifications? She declined that feature.

First thing she clicked on was "bathrooms nearest you". LOL!!
Old 09-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #13
BryANDJessMom
Mouseketeer

Last time we went we used the Lines app from touring plans..I am haven't renewed yet...are the free apps just as good?
Old 09-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #14
ParkHopper1
DIS Veteran

I love Mousewait...but any any app is only as good as the users...So be sure to post updated times when you arrive as well as just looking to see what it is.
ParkHopper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #15
kimis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are several free apps for DIsney on the iphone. Believe me I have several on my phone.
2007-DL Paradise Pier
2007-DL Candy cane Inn
2007-DL Portofino Inn
2006-POR 2005-POR 2005- DL Paradise Pier 1999-Dixie Landings (1st of many trips-I hope!) 1999- DL Holiday Inn and many more DL trips
kimis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: