Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

Will be there Sunday....

I (going solo) probably won't get to the area until 12:30-1:00. Both parks are open late. So, by using single rider lines is it reasonable to expect I can do most of California Adventure by 8:00 or so? Or will my time be better used at Disneyland?

I've been to DL before and have done pretty much everything and I expect to be back in Los Angeles early next year so It's not a now-or-never trip.

I was leaning towards CA at first but given that I'm getting there so late I'm leaning back towards DL since I will be out there again next year.

Any and all opinions and reasoning are welcome.
Wilderness Lodge 2004
All Star Vacation Homes 2008
Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012(November)
All Star Movies January 2013
Paradise Pier September 2013

Pittsburgh Dad says, "Whaddya mean you don't like sauerkraut? You want bad luck all year? Everything good that's ever happened to me started with sauerkraut! "
rwdavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
Elk Grove Chris
DIS Veteran

I would hit CA first, like you suggest. RSR, Screamin, and Soarin all have SRL. RSR tends to breakdown quite a bit, so I would check that out to see if it is running, well worth the wait to ride it at night.

I have found that the Screamin SRL can sometimes be slower than the standby line. Given that you are going solo, I would definitely do both parks. Going solo can be a lot of fun, you get to decide on everything you do, have a great time.
Elk Grove Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk Grove Chris View Post
I would hit CA first, like you suggest. RSR, Screamin, and Soarin all have SRL. RSR tends to breakdown quite a bit, so I would check that out to see if it is running, well worth the wait to ride it at night.

I have found that the Screamin SRL can sometimes be slower than the standby line. Given that you are going solo, I would definitely do both parks. Going solo can be a lot of fun, you get to decide on everything you do, have a great time.
Since it's only 1 day and a short one at that I'll pick one or the other.
Thanks!
Wilderness Lodge 2004

Pittsburgh Dad says, "Whaddya mean you don't like sauerkraut? You want bad luck all year? Everything good that's ever happened to me started with sauerkraut! "
Old 12-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwdavis2 View Post
I (going solo) probably won't get to the area until 12:30-1:00. Both parks are open late. So, by using single rider lines is it reasonable to expect I can do most of California Adventure by 8:00 or so? Or will my time be better used at Disneyland?

I've been to DL before and have done pretty much everything and I expect to be back in Los Angeles early next year so It's not a now-or-never trip.

I was leaning towards CA at first but given that I'm getting there so late I'm leaning back towards DL since I will be out there again next year.

Any and all opinions and reasoning are welcome.
IMO, You're always better off getting there early (rope drop times). But we've had pretty good luck getting a lot more done at DCA than DL for the same time frame.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaw View Post
IMO, You're always better off getting there early (rope drop times). But we've had pretty good luck getting a lot more done at DCA than DL for the same time frame.
I was thinking the same thing that I would be able to do more at CA. Unfortunately my plane does not land at LAX until about 11.
Wilderness Lodge 2004

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: