DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Online Check-in On the Fence

I keep going back and forth whether or not to do online check-in. We are within the 10 day period and I am hoping someone can give me an answer to my question. I can't remember (did online check-in for our Oct. trip) what the questions were. I know one was "near transportation" but can't remember what the other one was. Although we are DVC members and OKW is one of our home resorts, this trip we actually got our vacation through The Timeshare Store that was selling a pre-arranged vacation for a member who couldn't use it. My DH will be getting a scooter to use while we are there so we will need a studio on the first floor or a building with an elevator. If one of the selections during the online check-in process is floor or location then I will go that route, otherwise I will just wait and check-in when we get there and at that time make the request. Hope this makes sense -- can anyone remember what the selections or "requests" are when you do online check-in? TIA!

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Checkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

Some resorts don't have any selectable location requests at all. You can start the on-line check-in process and if the selectable requests are nothing that you want, don't complete the process and check-in at the regular desk when you arrive.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #3
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Make your request directly with MS.

There is current evidence that on some occasions if not all occasions, only the first request is forwarded to the room assigner. I have been told by Disney that this is not the case but on 2 separate reservations I have seen the screen at the Front Desk and only one of our requests were passed on.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:38 AM   #4
Muhlenberg
Clues! We want clues!
It's a small world after all It's a small world after all...
E / E
Tushy imprinting chair here

I would make the requests with MS.

We had similar issues, and I had made requests with MS...1st floor, 2nd bathroom entrance and Turtle Pond. I also checked in online. There are checkboxes for 1st floor, 2nd lavatory entrance, near transportation and a couple other ones, PLUS all the "neighborhood" areas. It says you may make up to two requests. When I started the online process, two of my requests were already there...1st floor and Turtle Pond. While it is sort of redundant, ,I also added 2nd lav. entrance. All THREE requests showed up in the confirmation.

When we got to OKW...all three requests were there on the paperwork, and the Front Desk reviewed it. We got a room meeting all those requests. (I had added 2nd lav. entrance just in case they had missed the Turtle Pond request.)

In our case, the Front Desk DID see all the requests, etc.

Next dream unknown...

CR 6/97 6/00 8/06 1/07 CBR 8/07 CR 1/08 BWV 8/08 SSR 1/09 AKV-K 9/09
BLT 2/10 THV 8/10 BWV 1/11 AKV-K 4/12 OKW 12/12 SSR 12/13

Muhlenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #5
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! Since we are using someone else's points it would be up to that member to contact MS and at this late date I didn't want to have to go through The Timeshare Store, etc. I decided to just go ahead and do the online check-in and there was a choice of "Ground Floor" so I went ahead and chose that and the owner had already chosen Miller Rd. and that was fine with us.
Thanks again!

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Checkers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: