DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

Garden Grocer v WeGoShop v. Disney Grocery Delivery Service

We're not going to be able to swing by a store on the way to WDW this trip, and in any event will be in a studio the first couple of days before we're moved to a 1BR. Point is, we're going to need to use one of these services to get food for our room after we get into the 1BR.

What is the difference in these services, and what have people's experiences been using them? I seem to recall that one of them required you to actually be present to receive your groceries, while another was willing to leave it with the bell desk -- can anyone shed any light on this one way or the other?

Thanks!

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015)
DLR (July 2014) - DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
Hitched2BellesCastle
Veteran with a new handle

I have only had experience with the Garden Grocer. We have used them twice and I would use them again. The last trip they left off an item from the list. We called them and they offered to deliver the item or refund the price. It was not an important item so we opted for the refund. I realize that may not sound like a positive experience....but mistakes happen and their customer service was phenomenal. The order was also very large.
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

After pricing all 3 and also the price of a rental car/time grocery shopping, we decided to go with Garden Grocer for our upcoming trip.

I have asked them several questions, and they have always answered quickly and been SUPER friendly. I essentially chose them because we wanted to order a case of alcohol and they do not require us to be present at the time of delivery with my ID for that purchase. I just scanned it and emailed it over to them. This was a huge factor, because we are only in WDW for 5 days, the 1st day in a studio. I definitely didn't want to have to come back to the room and wait around to show someone my ID on such a short trip.

Also, another huge factor was that I wanted to know what our total would be ahead of time so I could budget for it. It may have been a little more than using We Go Shop, but we spent over $200, so there's no delivery fee and now I know exactly how much we spent and it is pre-paid.

I hope that helps! We go Jan 20 - Jan 25th, so I will report back afterward on their service.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

We used WeGoShop in October and was very happy. We chose them over GG because we wanted a bottle of Jack Daniels for our Owner's Locker and GG only delivers beer and wine.

We liked that we could choose the store and also the brand of the products vs. having to shop just the virtual aisles of GG.

Both companies are great and get great reviews. It just depends on what your needs are.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:58 AM   #5
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Here's my take on them.

Disney - limited inventory, highest price, will leave items in your room, shopping list on DVC member website.

GG - Items stocked in their warehouse, limited to items on website for best price. middle priced of the three, will leave with Bell Services, accepts credit cards.

WeGo - Will shop where you want, best price of all 3, prefers cash and meeting you for delivery.

We have used GG and WeGo. GG shorted order, took 3 days to get replacements, up-charged us $10 for a roast. No issues with WeGo.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
mouseaider
DIS Veteran

We've used Garden Grocer twice and it was perfect in every way both times.

They delivered exactly what we ordered and they were extremely easy to deal with.

One thing that really impressed me was when we arrived in MCO and turned on my phone, I had a text message saying my order had been delivered to my resort and was waiting for us to arrive.

How can you beat that service???? In my opinion.... you can't.

Good luck with your decision.
mouseaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #7
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

We have always used Garden Grocer because I don't want to have to be there to receive the order. I just want it delivered & waiting for us at Bell Services when we get there so we can go on about our business for the rest of the day. They also provide a way to pre-pay and tip online with a credit card so I don't have to worry about bringing extra cash. We always get a case of beer delivered with the order and they will leave it with Bell Services too. We had one trip where they brought reg. Coke rather than Diet Coke. For some reason it took a couple of days to get it switched but they eventually brought the Diet stuff. I will continue to use them because I can pre-pay and get it delivered to Bell Services.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #8
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post

I hope that helps! We go Jan 20 - Jan 25th, so I will report back afterward on their service.
Thanks for the intel. We'll actually be there that same time (Jan 18-25)!

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015)
DLR (July 2014) - DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: