Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
teal12hearts
Earning My Ears

D23

What are some of the advantages to having a D23 membership? Is the gold membership worth it or is the silver ok? What kind of exclusive merchandise do they offer? If any of you have a membership, do you like it? Any other info on it would be very much appreciated!
teal12hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #2
jennameowse
Mouseketeer

I do not have a membership but I hope to get one soon. I know they have special pins that only D23 members can buy. And they have some special events throughout the year but I don't know if having one level of membership over the other changes being able to access any of these things. I'd really love more firsthand info from members as well.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

D23 is basically paying for the opportunity to buy more stuff. There are pins, shirts, artwork, etc that only D23 members can buy.

The only difference between the two membership levels is whether you get the magazine or not. The magazine is beautifully done, and I love getting it, but it might not be worth the cost difference to everyone.

The events in general are focused on the Disneyland area. They have a few in WDW and a few scattered around elsewhere but the majority are movie premiers, studio tours, DL meetups and such that all happen in the Los Angeles area.

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014
ImDMous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
jennameowse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImDMous

The events in general are focused on the Disneyland area. They have a few in WDW and a few scattered around elsewhere but the majority are movie premiers, studio tours, DL meetups and such that all happen in the Los Angeles area.
You seem like you know quite a bit! Do you know anything about the events at Mickey's of Glendale's? I know they have two scheduled for 2013. That is definitely something that would convince me to get a membership.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennameowse View Post
You seem like you know quite a bit! Do you know anything about the events at Mickey's of Glendale's? I know they have two scheduled for 2013. That is definitely something that would convince me to get a membership.
I still haven't made it to one of those, timing is never right, but I REALLY want to. At the D23 Expo last time they had a huge area set up with all kinds of WDI merchandise, I'm assuming Mickey's of Glendale will have the same kind of stuff. Sorry!

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014
ImDMous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

I've asked for this subscription for Christmas. Interested in hearing what others say.

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
jennameowse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike
I've asked for this subscription for Christmas. Interested in hearing what others say.
I asked for it as a Christmas gift as well. All of my money id going towards other people's gifts so I can't buy myself a membership. Haha
Old 12-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
jennameowse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImDMous

I still haven't made it to one of those, timing is never right, but I REALLY want to. At the D23 Expo last time they had a huge area set up with all kinds of WDI merchandise, I'm assuming Mickey's of Glendale will have the same kind of stuff. Sorry!
I've never been to the expo or anything. Would be cool though!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:20 AM   #9
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

I've been a first day charter member since the beginning and have loved it! I don't live close so have only done the big events..both Expos, Destination D Disneyland, Destination D 75 Years of Animation. I've had amazing times and hope it continues for a long time to come. The magazine is beautiful and the little gifts that come with it cool. From things I've been reading it looks like next year they will launch a members only gateway at the D23 site for content only available for members. Starting in January, DVC members will get complimentary silver memberships..don't know how that will work if you want upgraded to Gold. Oh yea..also did the Cars Land pre opening event with dinner at Carthay Circle hosted by John and Nancy Lasseter. AMAZING!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #10
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Very cool.

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: