Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Downtown Disney - Does Any Store Sell Swimsuits?

My Disney trip with DD is coming up in September.

I've lost 22 pounds, planning to lose another 15 or so before we leave. The swimsuit I have now should be pretty baggy by then. I've looked at them in the stores here but just not sure what size I will be by then...so hate to buy one.

So, I'm wondering if I can get one at a store in Downtown Disney?
Old 06-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
marivigi
Mouseketeer

Ive only seen kids sizes, but havent really been looking
marivigi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by marivigi View Post
Ive only seen kids sizes, but havent really been looking
I won't be THAT small by then, but thanks!
Old 06-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Mickey'snewestfan
DIS Veteran

I bought my son a pair of trunks at the shop at the All Stars resort, when he forgot his at home. As I recall, they only had little kid trunks, and adult trunks that day because we got him an adult small, when a kids 12 or so would have fit better. I kind of remember they had cute little girls' suits, but didn't look for a woman's suit since I had a boy.
Mickey'snewestfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

How about buying from Land's End online right before you go? I buy one size larger than my actual dress/pants size but can wear the actual size too. You probably already know what shape swim attire suits you best, so it should be easy to buy online.

I've seen women's suits in the shop at the Poly and I'm pretty sure I saw them at AS Sports last year too. They only have one, maybe two, styles though.

Last edited by HM; 06-26-2013 at 12:14 PM. Reason: spelling
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
My Disney trip with DD is coming up in September.

I've lost 22 pounds, planning to lose another 15 or so before we leave. The swimsuit I have now should be pretty baggy by then. I've looked at them in the stores here but just not sure what size I will be by then...so hate to buy one.

So, I'm wondering if I can get one at a store in Downtown Disney?
I'm no help on the swimsuit issue, but I wanted to say CONGRATS on your weight loss!!!

Old 06-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

1st off - congrats on the weight loss!
Last time she went, my mom forgot her swimsuit. She ended up buying one at the gift shop at All Star Movies. They only had one choice, though, for style. The deluxe resorts may have a wider selection.

The water parks carry them. We went to Blizzard Beach and there were a bunch of choices.

I know TrenD carried them, but I haven't been in there in over a year. Hopefully someone has more current info.

I have had good luck in the past with amazon when needing to buy bathing suits off season. Also, if you have a car, you could go to a nearby walmart or similar. (or take a cab)

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #8
RitaE
DIS Veteran

One of my kids forgot to pack his swim trunks one year and we bought one at Downtown Disney --- but it was hugely overpriced. I wouldn't recommend it.
RitaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
MIGrandma
I have a toilet problem

Thanks, everyone. I'll keep Lands End and Amazon in mind and maybe order one a couple of weeks or so before we leave.

And thanks for the supportive comments about my weight loss, I appreciate that.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

Congrats on your weight loss!

If it were me, I'd try on some suits when they all go on close-out clearance at Target/Kohls, etc. and if you think you are still going to lose a significant amount of weight (swimsuits are usually stretchy, so I doubt it'd be super baggy), get one size down.

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
DopeyDame
DIS Veteran

Most of the resort stores sell them. Like others have said, there's often only one choice, but I thought the one they had last time we were there was really cute (of course over priced, but that's life in Disney)
DopeyDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #12
nhpooh
I just can't stop visiting this board
We are getting hotter and more humid each year
By the time I come back I will be lost again

Yes there is a store in Downtown Disney that sells them, I can't remember the name but do remember looking there. As other people have said most resorts sell them too!

Congrats on losing the weight!
75-offsite-DL/ w/family 79-offsite -Honeymoon 85-offsite 89-offsite 94-offsite 96-WL 98-CSR 2000-CBR/Disney W. 2002-DL/Paradise Pier 2004-WL/25th annv. 2005-Portofino Bay/POFQ 2007-ASMu/Family suites, 2008-POFQ/first MVMCP, 2009-DL/Grand Californian, 5/2011-ASSp/girls weekend, 9/2011- Beach Club/with DH, 8/2013 -CBR/with DH and DD
nhpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #13
Mickey527
DIS Veteran

there is a woman's swim store in DTD across from the Pin store near the sports store.
You can also find some suits at the resorts, I have seem some cute ones at Beach Club store and at the store in Poly.
If you have a car there are lots of stores that sell suits, Walmart, Target, Kmart and all the gift shops that are on every corner.
If walking is not a problem you can take a bus to DTD and walk down Hotel Blvd. There are two gift stores about a block away on the left. (Near the pineapple hotel, I don't know the name of the hotel, my sons always called it the pineapple hotel because of the huge pineapple statues outside)
Old 06-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #14
SMD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
How about buying from Land's End online right before you go? I buy one size larger than my actual dress/pants size but can wear the actual size too. You probably already know what shape swim attire suits you best, so it should be easy to buy online.
This is what I did when I went on a cruise a few years ago. I hadn't bought a swimsuit in so long that I ordered 2 sizes and returned the one that I didn't wear when I got home.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #15
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

I saw a one piece kinda cute one in Gift shop at Pop and Art of animation. I saw one I really liked at one of deluxe resorts I want to say beach club but could have been yacht or Poly.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: