Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Mystic Dunes Questions

If you've stayed at Mystic Dunes recently, I have a few questions I hope you can answer:
  • As a timeshare, I am confused as to what they provide? Shampoo? Soap? What about laundry detergent? Dish detergent?
  • I was pleasantly surprised to see they have shuttles to the theme parks. How were they? What were the hours of operation? Can you get to the parks for rope drop, and stay until after closing? What if you have tickets to MVMCP? Do they run until that is over?
Thanks!
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
doclegler
DIS Veteran

Since no one has responded, I'll give you my two cents:
We have stayed at MD a few times, although not as a Time Share.
They do have one packet of laundry soap, and I believe there is a dish soap too (but don't quote me on that one). They did have travel size shampoo too. We just usually buy all those items once we get to Target just so we know we won't run out.
As for the shuttles, we have never used them. Always rent a car. The location isn't ideal for US or WDW though...quite a drive. On the bright side though, we LOVE staying at MD and don't have anything bad to say about the resort. Beautiful, spacious and updated!!
Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
doclegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for your reply. It was helpful. I now know I probably don't need to bring my full size shampoo, but might want to bring a soap. And since I'll probably only do one load of laundry, if that, I should be set there.

I am driving down for the first time, so will have my truck. I was thinking of minimizing parking fees by taking the shuttle. However, since my post I've decided to just go ahead and upgrade my existing pass to an AP so I will get free parking (and, of course, at least one other trip).
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote