Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
Renae De Liz
Lost Girl

Thank you, Disneyland!

I just got back from a 6 day vacation with my family, and I am just SO HAPPY and pleased with what I experienced.

We only go every 3 years or so. In 2006 we had a great time. The Cast members were fantastic and really added to the experience, and the in-park experience was amazing and perfect. In 2009, however, things were much different. The Cast members were mostly terrible (and by terrible, I mean uncaring, short tempered, and gossipy right in front of park guests) the park seemed not as clean, and the dark rides ALWAYS was full of people with flash cameras (which for me ruined the entire ride experience). I was pretty bummed by all of that, especially as we spend so much to fly out for a prolonged visit.

Well, I must say, this trip (which I took last week for 6 days) was utterly fantastic. Things were MUCH better. The cast members were entirely polite, and seemed to generally be happy and caring. The park was extremely clean, and best of all, if anyone so much as flashed one camera on a dark ride, someone voiced over the intercom to ask them to stop, and they did! The entire visit there was maybe only 1 ride where that happened! SO HAPPY about that!

On top of that, there were some extra special things Disney did for us this trip.

1) We had our bag stolen out of our stroller (I KNOW.... why would anyone do that)? Luckily nothing important was in there, mostly diapers and wipes for my toddler, but there was his special Mickey jacket that we treasured. Well, park security not only took our stolen property seriously by walking all over the park with us to try and find it, byt they also gave me a bunch diapers, wipes and bought my toddler a new Disney coat to make up for the one stolen. This really warmed my heart, as they didn't have to do that!

2) We ALSO forgot our computer bag in the hotel as we were leaving, which was a terrible blow to us us because we need that computer everyday for work. However the GCH not only found the bag for us, they sent it overnight for FREE (they usually only send it by regular mail for free). I cannot thank Disney enough for doing that for us!

3) Finally, and extra touch, every night the turn down service at GCH would set out all the stuffed animals that my kids brought on the beds, which made it that much more magical and comfy to return to the room. I love the Grand Californian so much, but this really topped any previous experience for me!

Anyway, just wanted to share that with anyone interested! I am SO happy to see that the Disney experience not only recovered from a few years ago, but they seemed to have gotten even better.

So thank you Disney! Can't wait to go back!
Old 12-15-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Thanks for sharing! I always love hearing about that special Disney touch! They do such an amazing job with customer service related issues
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
lucysmom
DIS Veteran

Oh, I can't wait to go. Although I have been to WDW several times, I have never stayed at DLR. My son is giving us this trip as a Christmas present. We are staying at the Grand Californian, too. You report has made me even more excited. Now if I could just get rid of this bronchitis. Were you able to swim in the pool or was it simply too cold? I heard the pool was heated. How warm is warm? I know my daughter will want to go in.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
alice99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucysmom
Oh, I can't wait to go. Although I have been to WDW several times, I have never stayed at DLR. My son is giving us this trip as a Christmas present. We are staying at the Grand Californian, too. You report has made me even more excited. Now if I could just get rid of this bronchitis. Were you able to swim in the pool or was it simply too cold? I heard the pool was heated. How warm is warm? I know my daughter will want to go in.
We are currently at Disneyland resort. It's been rainy/cloudy..... Cool and damp. The pool is heated, but when you get out of the water you'd have to make a run for the room!
I'd just check the forecast before you come here and plan accordingly.

It really depends on your own tolerance, and how important swimming is to you.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
alice99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
AngieMouse86
Mouseketeer

Always nice to hear about great Disney experiences, thanks for sharing!

Me - DBF -
AngieMouse86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
hootey
DIS Veteran

Nice to hear about someone having such a great trip. Happy you had such a pleasant experiance with the GCH. We have been to all the Disney hotels and several of the good-neighbor motels but, the wife prefers the Disney Hotel so that is where we now stay. All the little things the disney hotel staff does make a big impact on your day. Plus, add in the sevices that are provided for disney guests make staying with disney truly a magical experience. Coffee shops, cafes, gift shops, fine dining, HEATED POOLS, great rooms, and a staff that is second to none, what more could you need? Gotta Love it...
hootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

The turn down service and the cute animals arrangements really made the GCH special for us as well. They left chocolates on the pillows as well. I'm glad you had such a good time.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: