Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
Rainasunshine
Some say it's all a dream, but I know, I know that it is my reality(:

candy canes(:

Here now at the parks and just thought to let you guys know dca does the homemade candy canes as well. There was no line or wait yo get the wristbands it was pretty much by accident that we got them.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
mommy2allyandaveri
Disney or otherwise. Sucks
I will NEVER NEVER NEVER go on that ride again!

When we were there a couple of weeks ago, there were plenty to go around. Just sitting out on the counter.

mommy2allyandaveri is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
BryANDJessMom
Mouseketeer

Are you sure the ones you saw just sitting on the counter were the ones that were made onsite? They had some at trolley treats that were made by hand but not on property that were for sale. If you wanted the fresh ones though you had to get the wristband. They looked similar (same size) but the stripes were different.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
jennameowse
Mouseketeer

We're going to try and get candy canes on the 18th. It's a Trolley Treats day so does anyone know what time is good to get there for wristbands? We can't get there super early. We live 1 1/2 hours away and are planning to be there by opening.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #5
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennameowse
We're going to try and get candy canes on the 18th. It's a Trolley Treats day so does anyone know what time is good to get there for wristbands? We can't get there super early. We live 1 1/2 hours away and are planning to be there by opening.
I got a wristband this past Saturday at DCA. Entered the park at about 7:40 am for an 8am opening. My friend went straight to Trolley Treats and got a wristband for the first batch. I went to get in the RSR FP line. After that we switched and I got a wristband for the second batch. They do three batches total. They were still giving out the third batch wristbands when our FP line began moving at 8 am. But I have no idea how long they lasted. I would say you have a shot at them, but no guarantee if you arrive right at opening. Better to be there at least a bit before opening. Good luck!
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #6
jennameowse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl

I got a wristband this past Saturday at DCA. Entered the park at about 7:40 am for an 8am opening. My friend went straight to Trolley Treats and got a wristband for the first batch. I went to get in the RSR FP line. After that we switched and I got a wristband for the second batch. They do three batches total. They were still giving out the third batch wristbands when our FP line began moving at 8 am. But I have no idea how long they lasted. I would say you have a shot at them, but no guarantee if you arrive right at opening. Better to be there at least a bit before opening. Good luck!
Thank you. It will really all depend on traffic. We plan to leave 2 hours before opening so if all goes well we'll arrive 30 before official park hours. But we also will have to factor in the time it takes to park and get through bag check. I think if we're atleast in line a few minutes before opening we could still snag the last batch. Fingers crossed!!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:19 AM   #7
Kilala
Mouseketeer

I saw some in DtD. They were $12. I don't know if they are the same.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #8
jennameowse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilala
I saw some in DtD. They were $12. I don't know if they are the same.
I believe the "special" candy canes are not sold there. Only Candy Palace and Trolley Treats. They're made fresh day of and only so many are made each day they're for sale. The others are for sale all season.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:45 AM   #9
AwkwardTurtle
Mouseketeer

The candy canes you see just sitting out are not the handmade ones. The handmade candy canes require a wristband. I don't know what it's like over at Trolley Treats, but at Candy Palace, the wristbands are usually gone within 45 minutes.

October 2011 amazing Food and Wine trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2840320
AwkwardTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

We got them from Mainstreet and got there before the park opened and waited.

A few days later we went into DCA after the park had opened (maybe about 40 mins or so after) and they were still handing out the wrist bands for the 3rd batch so we got another from there.
When we went back to collect it they were running late and still making them so we stood watching them - you get a much better view of them at DCA.

The ones just for general sale on the shelves are a different shade of red and more red and also have a sticker on with the ingredients so its easy to distinguish them.
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL
A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #11
GeneralTso
DIS Veteran

I bought one the other day. I still remain stumped as to why all the hysteria around these. It's a candy cane. Seriously. You can't tell the difference.

Now that toffee they make.....I'd stand outside waiting for THAT
GeneralTso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #12
TotalDreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Small World
We got them from Mainstreet and got there before the park opened and waited.

A few days later we went into DCA after the park had opened (maybe about 40 mins or so after) and they were still handing out the wrist bands for the 3rd batch so we got another from there.
When we went back to collect it they were running late and still making them so we stood watching them - you get a much better view of them at DCA.

The ones just for general sale on the shelves are a different shade of red and more red and also have a sticker on with the ingredients so its easy to distinguish them.
Cool I'm glad you can still watch them being made at trolly treats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTso
I bought one the other day. I still remain stumped as to why all the hysteria around these. It's a candy cane. Seriously. You can't tell the difference.

Now that toffee they make.....I'd stand outside waiting for THAT
The candy canes are a tradition and the novelty of being able to watch them being made I think is what draws people to want *those* candy canes. And you know people like lines lol

Note to self: try the toffee :
TotalDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: