Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
jennstew
Earning My Ears

Fort Wilderness

We are going horseback riding on Dec 31 at 2:30 but have to check in at Fort Wilderness no later than 1:50. How do we get there from Pop Century and approx. how long will it take?
jennstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
PACVII
Mouseketeer

I would take a bus to the magic kingdom and then another over to FW... Give yourself a minimum of an hour or more
PACVII is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
stevb
Mouseketeer

If you are taking the buses I would leave an hour and a half before to make sure you get there on time. You can save time by taking a taxi.
stevb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
Betty Rohrer
DIS Veteran

i would bus to MK, then the boat to FW,i do not think there is a bus to FW from MK. the bad part is you then need to take campground bus to other end of park. will take at least an hour maybe hour and a half. a bus from another park would leave you off close enough to stable that you could walk but sure if that is faster
Betty Rohrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
Q-man
DIS Veteran

POP bus to Epcot and the FW bus from there should be your fastest route on Disney transportation. Under an hour and drops you off a couple minutes walk to the stables' check-in. Transferring at Downtown Dis would be the only route that could possibly be slower than POP to MK, walk to FW launch dock(no buses from MK to FW), boat across lagoon, walk up to FW internal bus stop, and take bus to the the front of FW. But that said I love taking the boat from MK to FW. http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm
http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx...x#.UM1VgoZZ-uJ

Last edited by Q-man; 12-15-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #6
Shamali
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACVII View Post
I would take a bus to the magic kingdom and then another over to FW... Give yourself a minimum of an hour or more
You have to take the boat from MK to go to FW

Mom 29 Dad 30 DS5 DS4 DD1
Shamali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #7
WeCampDisney
Mouseketeer

You can take a bus to Epcot or DHS, then bus to The Fort. The bus stop at the Fort is at the front entrance. The stables are literally right behind the bus stop. I believe you check in in the main office building which is also near by. A taxi would also drop you off at the office. Now if you have lots of time, you could bus to the MK, then take the boat to the Fort. It is a nice 10 or 15 min. boat ride. The Fort boat dock is at the opposite end of the 800 acre resort, 1 mile from the office. When you get off the boat, you could then go into the nearby general store. its pretty cool to see, kind of an old west theme. Also you would see the Pioneer Hall where the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review is done. There is a nice playground, a sandy beach, a bar Crockets Tavern, and the all you can eat buffet, Trails End. This whole area is called the Settlement. It is a 5 min. walk from the dock to the internal resort bus stop where you can take the bus to the front office area. This area is called the Outpost. The Settlement is a really nice and unique area. I highly recommend seeing it if you have time. You can eat lunch, have a drink, shop, relax on the beach, play, or walk around the nearby camp loop and see all the cool RVs with their awesome Christmas decorations.
2002 Winnebago Brave pulling a custom golf cart.
Fort trips: May 2000, Dec 2001, Dec 2003, May 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Thanksgiving 2009(Pop Century) June 2011, June 4th 2012. Next trip Nov. 9th.
WeCampDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
jennstew
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I think we will take a bus from Pop to DHS then bus to Fort Wilderness. After the ride maybe we will check things out and head back to Pop via boat and MK.
jennstew is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: