Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #16
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaskPeg View Post
Your idea about potential temperature could go either way. However, you might want to bring a change of clothes with you as luggage doesn't always arrive quickly at your cabin due to numbers of people checking into them.

At the very least...make sure you have a light jacket with a hood...as once the ship sales out of the port and goes to open water...the wind definitely picks up quickly and if it's cool...you will need something if you are a deck person like I am!
Thanks, I hadn't thought about not getting luggage in time for dinner! I did plan to pack some extra clothes in my carryon though
nkochrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #17
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Do people really walk around the ship wearing their swimsuits all day? I've never cruised before but I've seen pictures of the pools and they all look so tiny. Are they really such a big draw for people that they spend all day in their suits? Not judging or anything, just a little surprised.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #18
jjones144
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje
Do people really walk around the ship wearing their swimsuits all day? I've never cruised before but I've seen pictures of the pools and they all look so tiny. Are they really such a big draw for people that they spend all day in their suits? Not judging or anything, just a little surprised.
We spent almost all of our first day, until time for dinner at the pool. We rode the Aquaduck a ton, and the kids played in the pool.
jjones144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #19
RedxPanda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baliezer View Post
If you want to play up the photo, you could bring your snorkel mask and fins, and slip them on while waiting in line for the photo.

I am kidding.
Actually, doing something silly like that might actually get me to buy the boarding photo! We always seem to look like a disheveled mess in those photos.

Past Sailings/Recent Trips
CCL Triumph - 7N E. Caribbean - 12/2006
NCL POA - 7N Hawaii - 3/2010
CBR - 4 Parks 4 Days - 5/2010
Disney Magic - 4N Bahamas - 5/2012 - Trip Report
Disney Wonder - 5N W. Caribbean - 1/28/2013 - CC Review - Trip Report
CCL Dream - 7N W. Caribbean - 6/22/13 - Port Reviews
RedxPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #20
DCLSailing
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones144 View Post
We spent almost all of our first day, until time for dinner at the pool. We rode the Aquaduck a ton, and the kids played in the pool.
Same with us! That is our favorite time. Plenty of rides on the Aqua Duck indeed.

And yes, people do hang poolside all day. The atmosphere and such are fantastic! One of our favorite parts of the cruise is the pool-time right when you board! Not to mention the embarkation party once you set sail. It is an absolutely incredible time. Cannot wait to get back!
DCLSailing is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: