Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #46
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineNic View Post
I wonder what GAC stamps she would get from Guest Relations?
Lol!

Told my DH about this post at dinner Friday night. We were laughing for a good 30 mins over it.

He suggested going on a dolphin quest tour...added bonus of free water birth and dolphins are very people friendly.
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #47
pbrim
Mouseketeer

Does she have a history of short labor? THat would help. I once worked with a guy who delivered all 3 of his kids. The first was in the back seat of a VW Beetle (old style) in a snowstorm. By the third, they didn't even make it out of the garage before the baby came. They quit at 3, because she said with the 4th, she'd probaby wake up with the new baby in bed with them!

Disney Land: 1961, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1969, Oct 1994; Oct 2014
Disney World: AKL Oct 2009, WL Nov 2011, POFQ May 2014
pbrim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #48
Twende
Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....

Okay depending on how far they are from Orlando, this whole thing is really very possible. The hardest part would be a long car ride to Disney.

I know people who have rented hotel rooms where they then birthed their babies. For various reasons they chose to not birth in their own homes or apartments. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention they were all "home birthers".

I think one of the Disney resorts would be a great place to birth.

DH and I have had three physician/midwife attended home births. We considered birthing in another venue outside of our home so we had more room and a nice place to walk outside. We invite family and friends and have a large birth day party. After all you only have one birth day. All the others are really anniversaries.

I have always been up and about within a few hours of birthing and within 48 hours we head out to shop, register births at the county vital statistics, and sometimes have a nice dinner. I have always felt well and energized after birthing . I do like to nap when the baby is napping and that would be a bit more difficult in the parks but again perfect for a resort.

We have always used baby carriers so moving around with a newborn is a simple thing. If necessary a wheel chair could be used for resting weary feet.

All in all, I think it is a great idea if the travel there is possible. It would take planning and backup plans but still possible.

The funniest thing in this whole thread is that a male mod move it to disABILITIES.

Last edited by Twende; 12-17-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Twende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #49
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrim View Post
Does she have a history of short labor? THat would help. I once worked with a guy who delivered all 3 of his kids. The first was in the back seat of a VW Beetle (old style) in a snowstorm. By the third, they didn't even make it out of the garage before the baby came. They quit at 3, because she said with the 4th, she'd probaby wake up with the new baby in bed with them!
Same with my mother. After the third, the doctor told her if she had another it would just get up and walk out.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #50
Jen_in_NH
waffles and snow seem to go together for me
Starts snowball fights in bars
I can't imagine anything more lovely than a rooster with a leprechaun hat
Answer - HOUSE!

If Mom were to deliver on a ride with a height restriction, could she find shoes high enough to make sure the baby was allowed on the ride as well?
Jen_in_NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #51
peemagg
We are doing the AKL tri-fecta
You will find us wrapped up in them at night and on the weekends

I think that Expedition Everest would be the best spot. When the coaster goes backwards it could help mom push the baby out. It also makes it easier for the midwife to pull if need be.
peemagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #52
osxgirl
Mouseketeer

Wink

I think everyone is missing a bet here....

The best thing to do is to make sure she goes into labor in or near the castle, then use the situation to score a free stay in the Cinderella suite in the castle!

osxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #53
osxgirl
Mouseketeer

Wink

Dup post
osxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #54
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Remember, children under 3 do not pay for admission, so you are good to go on that front.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #55
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

I love it!!!!!! Being a mom who is a big home birth advocate I wouldn't mind giving birth at Disney. Now the rides I wouldn't be to hip on but maybe one of the resorts. I wouldn't give up a Disney trip just because I may or may not go into labor around that time. Me and DH joked around about giving birth at the campgrounds. We thought I might be pregnant a while back and would have been due around this time. We did have a trip planned but had to change the dates.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #56
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

I just have one really strange question, and please forgive me for asking (beside the fact I cannot believe this thread is still alive ) why is it posted on the disAbilities board? Shouldn't this be more on the Community board or something... just wondering... not saying it should be moved.. just really wondering why it was ever here

OK now where to have the baby... I have really been thinking about this since I first read this thread way back when it was first posted....I have to say at "Be Our Guest" after all, the baby is the new guest....and will for sure put their serivce to the test!!! Not to mention, they have tons of clean linen that may be needed and nice lighting for the baby.. not too bright, but not too dark lol
Old 12-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #57
Lilliputian
DIS Veteran

I always know that I'm going to have the baby soon when I have a weird dream about the delivery. With my 3rd child, I actually dreamed that I gave birth on PoC. I just squatted in the floor in front of my seat and quietly birthed the baby. The strangest part was that the baby was covered in vernix, so I dipped him in the water beside the boat to clean him off.

My dream was so detailed that I even dreamed about what happened afterward. I didn't want to go back to the hotel, so I went to gift shops to buy him something to wear. I had a hard time finding something in newborn size, and CMs were telling me that it was because most people don't bring newborns to WDW. I had to go to the Main Street Emporium to find a onesie for him. Then I just kept going.
Lilliputian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #58
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mickeyfan View Post
I just have one really strange question, and please forgive me for asking (beside the fact I cannot believe this thread is still alive ) why is it posted on the disAbilities board? Shouldn't this be more on the Community board or something... just wondering... not saying it should be moved.. just really wondering why it was ever here
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=21
It started out there, and was moved here.

buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: