Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #76
MEK
DIS Veteran

OOPS - I see you just posted our first day. Hate when I get behind. Grrr! Looks like the start to a fab day and it looks absolutely gorgeous outside. You started with two of my fav rides and yeah for seeing the opening show!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #77
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I fell behind a little!

That picture of DD at Chef Mickey's is just absolutely precious. I'm glad DS wasn't scared of the characters this year. At least with all your camera troubles you were able to get a few good pictures of the characters. I totally agree with your rant, it doesn't seem like it should make much difference if you check in more than 15 minutes before your ADR. Like you said, if anything it should make it easier on them!

I have to say, your first night had me a little ! That is just absolutely crazy!!! And poor DD, it is so hard doing things in the dark. Not a great way to spend your first night, so I really hope the following nights were a lot better for you!

I totally had to chuckle a little that your wife got lost looking for Dumbo, just like we did our first morning!! They really threw a lot of people off with that Dumbo relocation. But at least you found it, and the kiddos enjoyed their first ride of the trip. I'm glad DS liked Barnstormer...wish we could say the same about Paxton.

As for Push the Trash Can, I don't know if before I just didn't know how they did it that I never noticed the guy, or if they are really more obvious now or what. But we saw him a couple of times and it seemed like the guy operating it was right in the middle of the crowd! Seems like they used to at least TRY to be obscured from the guests.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #78
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
My alarm went off at 6:30 am. It felt like I had just gotten back into bed after our midnight excitement, but knowing what the day had in store, I wasn’t the least bit tempted to hit the snooze.
Impressive, since you're working on about 4 hours of sleep in the last 48.

Quote:
DS was a little impatient waiting for it to start, but once he saw the train roll in and identified Pluto he started to get excited. Almost as excited as I was.
Cool. I love that show.

Quote:
I also took this one. Not very good detail in the picture, but I like how they make the walkways look kind of like hardened mud with tracks from the circus coming to town. Complete with animal tracks and discarded peanuts!
The details are awesome. They mean so much!

Quote:
DW said she forgot they moved Dumbo and couldn’t find it. They ended up having to ask a CM. Oops, should have thought to remind them.

Andy returns to see his kids melting down. "Sorry, kids, Dumbo is gone forever!"

Quote:
We parked the stroller and headed into try out the new Double Dumbo.
Great. Now everyone's going to call this ride the Double D, and you'll drag this conversation down into the gutter. Way to go.

Quote:
We got back to the station and there was nobody waiting, so we asked if we could ride again. They let us, so DS got to ride with me the second time around. He yelled and screamed and laughed and was yelling for it to go faster! When he gets about a foot taller, he’s going to be my coaster buddy.

Quote:
He did fine through the ride, but didn’t really show any excitement and actually held his hands over his ears for most of it.
Really? I've never seen kids do that before.

Quote:
I just had to show her the picture that I took and ruined the magic.
Nice. Did you run around telling all the kids there's no Santa Claus, too?

Quote:
We obviously didn’t get to experience the standby line and crab game I’ve heard about, but the FP line has some beautiful scenery as well. You just don’t get to stop and admire it.
Looks like a beautiful area. Gotta give props to Disney Imagineers.

Quote:
When we walked past at 10:30, the line was already snaked around the corner, so we thought we’d ask how long the wait would be once the restaurant was actually opened. They told us 45 – 60 min.

Quote:
It turns out they did, but DS had his hands over his ears most of the time. That kid hates loud things…

Quote:
We knew we were walking on thin ice, but just how long would we be able to last before a meltdown and a much needed nap for DS???
DS?? Given your lack of sleep, I'm expecting the meltdown to come from a different source.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #79
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:

My alarm went off at 6:30 am.
But once you remembered where you were, I doubt you cared much.

Quote:

but knowing what the day had in store, I wasn’t the least bit tempted to hit the snooze.
There ya’ go!

Quote:

I headed off to Café Rix
Everybody comes to Rix
(just be aware that the authorities are looking for those letters of transit you stole so hide them well).

Quote:

We had planned to drive to the parks most of the week, but just thought that we’d try the bus out with the stroller going to MK, just to see if it was worth it to save a little bit of wasted time at the TTC.

Our planning worked out,
Glad to hear it. Strollers and busses don’t generally mix well.

Quote:

We saw the opening ceremony.
Man Law upheld…

Quote:

DS had been telling us he was “cited to ride Dumbo”
I’m ‘cited to just hear that he was ‘cited.
That’s why we all head down there in the first place…
To be ‘cited.

Quote:

I like how they make the walkways look kind of like hardened mud with tracks from the circus coming to town. Complete with animal tracks and discarded peanuts!
Imagineering at it’s best.
It’s all about the details.

Quote:

I walked back over to the Teacups and looked in the direction of Pooh and saw them all heading towards me. DW said she forgot they moved Dumbo and couldn’t find it.
Missed that little detail though…

Quote:

We parked the stroller and headed into try out the new Double Dumbo. DD’s first ever ride was with Dad.
DD on the DD… that’s D to the fourth.
Add Daddy (or even better “Dummy Daddy”) and the math gets really complex.

Quote:

We walked right on to a half empty coaster and he ended up getting in without having any kind of a last second freak out.
Win!
Who’s your Dummy-Daddy now!

Quote:

We got back to the station and there was nobody waiting, so we asked if we could ride again. They let us
Double win
(we need to move on to another letter here)

Quote:

As we were walking, Sis2 was talking about how cool and impressive that was. She said she knows that it isn’t real, but couldn’t figure out how they did it.
Dust…

Dust??

A little bit of Pixy Dust.

Quote:

I looked at her and asked her if she was being serious. She was, so I asked her if she noticed the guy following it around talking to his hand…
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain…

Quote:

I asked everyone if they wanted to ride Buzz while we were close. They all went and I walked DD around Tomorrowland.
Very gallant of you to offer a good time to everyone else while you spent time with your little girl.

Unless is was merely a ploy to keep from having to admit that everyone else would have whipped you for high score on the SRS

Quote:

we thought we’d check on the wait to get into Be Our Guest. When we walked past at 10:30, the line was already snaked around the corner, so we thought we’d ask how long the wait would be once the restaurant was actually opened. They told us 45 – 60 min.
Whoa…that’s quite the wait for “QS dinning.
But really, it’s more then that from what I’ve read. I read where more then a few reviewers have said that this contains some of the best themeing in the new Fantasy Land area. I’m actually interested to here if y’all got to try it and what you thought.

Quote:

The Jungle Cruise wait was posted as 15 min, but it was maybe 10.
A must do for us.
The bad jokes are better then the original script ever was.

Quote:

At the end of our cruise, we still had time before the FP’s for BTMRR would be good, so we decided that DS and DD might enjoy the Tiki Room. It turns out they did
Has this reverted back to the original show?

Quote:

but DS had his hands over his ears most of the time. That kid hates loud things…
So Drag Racing and Monster Truck Rallies aren’t in his immediate future then?
That’s really not that uncommon. I suspect He’ll grow out of it in the near.

Quote:

It had been a busy start to the day, but we had been having a blast and getting a lot of attractions done.
Yes… yes you have.

Quote:

The original plan was to leave at around 1pm, but it was now 1 and we had 2 FP’s in hand. We knew we were walking on thin ice, but just how long would we be able to last before a meltdown and a much needed nap for DS???

Stay tuned for our next exciting episode:

“Mick Mouse Melt Down” or “Scream Machine”
Old 12-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #80
serene56
DIS Veteran

Reading along-- coz we are going in Dec 2013 and I want to get a feel of what its like..

we have 16 people. 2 of which are babies not even born yet = they will be 6 months and 7 months old when we get there.
This trip has been a lifelong dream of mine--
Old 12-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #81
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Love you TR....
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your DD's picture at dinner is absolutely adorable. That wait and inability to check in sounds very frustrating. I can see maybe 40 minutes being a little early, but 30? Come on! Despite that, it sounds like you had a great meal except for the camera fiasco. I used to be a slave to those stupid batteries until I got a DSLR with a battery that lasts two days. Now I am never caught with a dead battery because I charge it at night every 48 hours. Best. Camera. Ever.
I love that picture of her, but the smile is so big that it almost doesn't even look like her! We're definitely going to have to look into a new camera now. Ours isn't a DSLR, but it is a Canon and it takes really good pictures for just a point and shoot type. I think we've had it maybe 2 years and it was a $500 camera.

Quote:
Now - on to the crazy teenager that was banging at the door? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? REALLY? I'm glad your dad took care of that right on the spot.
Fortunately, that was the worst thing we had happen at the resort, but we did have enough annoyances to make me believe all the Pop Warner stories. I wish I would have pushed harder to change our reservations when they announced CSR would be a Pop resort.

Quote:
Who needs sleep, anyway? It's overrated.
There's no time to lay around on vacation!!!!

Quote:
OOPS - I see you just posted our first day. Hate when I get behind. Grrr! Looks like the start to a fab day and it looks absolutely gorgeous outside. You started with two of my fav rides and yeah for seeing the opening show!
It was a beautiful day. In fact I don't think we could have asked for a nicer week! I love the opening show. We saved it for our last day last year and that bit us, so we definitey made it a priority this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
That picture of DD at Chef Mickey's is just absolutely precious. I'm glad DS wasn't scared of the characters this year. At least with all your camera troubles you were able to get a few good pictures of the characters. I totally agree with your rant, it doesn't seem like it should make much difference if you check in more than 15 minutes before your ADR. Like you said, if anything it should make it easier on them!
We definitey did much better with the characters this year. Both kids loved them. It kind of reminded me of what you mentioned before about Paxton liking the characters when he was smaller. The characters seemed to really love the fact that DD was interested in playing with them!

Quote:
I have to say, your first night had me a little ! That is just absolutely crazy!!! And poor DD, it is so hard doing things in the dark. Not a great way to spend your first night, so I really hope the following nights were a lot better for you!
It was a little scary at first. Before I looked out the peephole, I thought somebody was trying to break into my parents' room! Then I realized it was just some idiot.

The bottle thing was just a product of my being tired, and wanting to get her taken care of and back in bed.

Quote:
I totally had to chuckle a little that your wife got lost looking for Dumbo, just like we did our first morning!! They really threw a lot of people off with that Dumbo relocation. But at least you found it, and the kiddos enjoyed their first ride of the trip. I'm glad DS liked Barnstormer...wish we could say the same about Paxton.
Well, when you're used to something being in the same spot for so many years...

I was really excited that he liked Barnstormer... If my kid doesn't want to ride a roller coaster, then we've got a problem.

Quote:
As for Push the Trash Can, I don't know if before I just didn't know how they did it that I never noticed the guy, or if they are really more obvious now or what. But we saw him a couple of times and it seemed like the guy operating it was right in the middle of the crowd! Seems like they used to at least TRY to be obscured from the guests.
It might have stood out a little more because there just wasn't much of a crowd. There probably weren't 15 people standing around there, so it isn't like he had a thick crowd to just blend into. The picture where you can see him was actually the first one I took. I think he was at least aware enough that he tried to get out of my line of site when he saw me taking pictures.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #82
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Impressive, since you're working on about 4 hours of sleep in the last 48.
I can sleep when I'm dead.

Quote:
Cool. I love that show.
Who doesn't?

Quote:
The details are awesome. They mean so much!
The details are why they don't call it Six Flags over Cinderella Castle.

Quote:

Andy returns to see his kids melting down. "Sorry, kids, Dumbo is gone forever!"
I have to admit, my family is all Disney vets, but I'm obviously a little bit farther off the deep end than anyone else. There were a few times when I felt like I was herding some first timers around. They really didn't understand why I didn't want to stop at the Teacups after Barnstormer instead of going to Peter Pan.

Quote:
Great. Now everyone's going to call this ride the Double D, and you'll drag this conversation down into the gutter. Way to go.
Hey, you were the one that took it there.

Quote:
Really? I've never seen kids do that before.
It seemed like some odd behavior.

Quote:
Nice. Did you run around telling all the kids there's no Santa Claus, too?
No, but I did tell Sis2. I shattered her reality a few times that week.

Quote:
Looks like a beautiful area. Gotta give props to Disney Imagineers.

Quote:
DS?? Given your lack of sleep, I'm expecting the meltdown to come from a different source.
No, it'll take at least another day before I snap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Everybody comes to Rix
(just be aware that the authorities are looking for those letters of transit you stole so hide them well).
Since this isn't Mark's TR....

+0

Quote:
Glad to hear it. Strollers and busses dont generally mix well.

Quote:
Man Law upheld&
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Quote:
Im cited to just hear that he was cited.
Thats why we all head down there in the first place&
To be cited.
Well said.

Quote:
Imagineering at its best.
Its all about the details.
And nobody does it better.

Quote:
Missed that little detail though&
Just a minor one.

Quote:
DD on the DD& thats D to the fourth.
Add Daddy (or even better Dummy Daddy) and the math gets really complex.
That math was complex when you started. You were using letters and none of them were even X.

Quote:
Win!
Whos your Dummy-Daddy now!

Double win
(we need to move on to another letter here)
You and Mark seem to be stuck on this DD thing...

Quote:
Dust&

Dust??

A little bit of Pixy Dust.
Does pixie dust smell like hydraulic fluid???

Quote:
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain&
If only he had one to hide behind!

Quote:
Very gallant of you to offer a good time to everyone else while you spent time with your little girl.

Unless is was merely a ploy to keep from having to admit that everyone else would have whipped you for high score on the SRS
No, I actually just knew that others would be spending a lot of time with her waitng throughout the week, so I might as well step up and take my turn. I figured there would be more opportunities to defeat Zurg later.

Quote:
Whoa&thats quite the wait for QS dinning.
But really, its more then that from what Ive read. I read where more then a few reviewers have said that this contains some of the best themeing in the new Fantasy Land area. Im actually interested to here if yall got to try it and what you thought.
I guess you'll just have to wait and find out (if you really don't know the answer yet).

Quote:
A must do for us.
The bad jokes are better then the original script ever was.
It always feels like I'm reading one of Barry's TRs though.

Quote:
Has this reverted back to the original show?
Iago has left the building.

Quote:
So Drag Racing and Monster Truck Rallies arent in his immediate future then?
Thats really not that uncommon. I suspect Hell grow out of it in the near.
Actually, I think he'd love it. As long as we bring the ear muffs.

Quote:
Stay tuned for our next exciting episode:

Mick Mouse Melt Down or Scream Machine
Note to self: Change the tentative title for the next chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
Reading along-- coz we are going in Dec 2013 and I want to get a feel of what its like..
I hope I can share something useful!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
we have 16 people. 2 of which are babies not even born yet = they will be 6 months and 7 months old when we get there.
This trip has been a lifelong dream of mine--
Sounds like quite the epic trip!!!

I've been twice pushing a stroller now, but never with 2 that young. DD was 7 months though, so that might give you somewhat of an idea of what to expect from the little ones on your trip. To me, it really seemed like a good age to take her, as long as there is someone who won't mind missing a ride or you are willing to take turns riding. If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to try to help!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #83
jecskc
DIS Veteran

My DH loves to drive at night. When we do so, it makes for a much quicker trip to get there. Sometimes it shaves off almost and hour and a half. But I do admit that first day can be very exhausting since we all get minimal sleep. But just not having to listen to DH moan about all of the stupid people on the road is worth it. The way home is always a different story. Major Grumpy comes out and we all have to endure.

Looking forward to reading more !!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #84
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc
My DH loves to drive at night. When we do so, it makes for a much quicker trip to get there. Sometimes it shaves off almost and hour and a half. But I do admit that first day can be very exhausting since we all get minimal sleep. But just not having to listen to DH moan about all of the stupid people on the road is worth it. The way home is always a different story. Major Grumpy comes out and we all have to endure.

Looking forward to reading more !!
It just works really well for us. DW and the kids (so far) are good car sleepers, so I'm the only one that gets tired! It really doesn't affect me much though because I have that jolt of adrenaline from being at Disney World. The trip home is another story though. We take our time. In the end though, driving through the night is basically the equivalent of one more day of vacation without taking another day off work.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #85
toughmudder
Mouseketeer

Andy, enjoying the TR so far.... I esp liked hearing about your DS on Barnstormer...

I had a similar experience with my DD at that age... and she's now almost 12 and officially my "coaster buddy"... she'll do anything she's tall enough for, and has surpassed DW in being able to do multiple rides with her dad.

In fact, she's hoping to be tall enough to ride all the big rides at USF for our trip in February... she's a half inch short for Hulk and Dragon Challenge (yes, she's very short for her age...) and we're hoping for a little growth spurt (or some tall shoes )
Old 12-22-2012, 07:33 AM   #86
moose615
DIS Veteran

Awesome TR so far, your DS and DD are so adorable, looking forward to CM in march, not so much the food now lol, sucks about the drunk teens banging on the door also
Old 12-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #87
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughmudder
Andy, enjoying the TR so far.... I esp liked hearing about your DS on Barnstormer...

I had a similar experience with my DD at that age... and she's now almost 12 and officially my "coaster buddy"... she'll do anything she's tall enough for, and has surpassed DW in being able to do multiple rides with her dad.

In fact, she's hoping to be tall enough to ride all the big rides at USF for our trip in February... she's a half inch short for Hulk and Dragon Challenge (yes, she's very short for her age...) and we're hoping for a little growth spurt (or some tall shoes )
Thanks! I'm really glad he enjoyed it, but I had a feeling he would. He loves moving around a lot and going fast, so I figured he'd be hooked once he experienced it.

Good luck with your DS. I hope she is tall enough by then. I love the Hulk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615
Awesome TR so far, your DS and DD are so adorable, looking forward to CM in march, not so much the food now lol, sucks about the drunk teens banging on the door also
Eh, the food isn't really bad... Just not really anything special. You just have to remember that you did it for the characters, not the food, when the bill comes.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #88
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

I'll probably be around some between now and then, but I figured I should pop in to say Merry Christmas before we get too involved with going 20 different directions this weekend!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and take advantage of the time to spend with your families. Especially in the wake of some of the bad news we've seen lately.

We picked a little something up on vacation to help secure our home this Christmas. We're not worried about the Grinch or Dr Doofenschmirtz this year!!

Merry Christmas!!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #89
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan

Eh, the food isn't really bad... Just not really anything special. You just have to remember that you did it for the characters, not the food, when the bill comes.
Before even getting the bill I'm pretty sure I know we are doing it for the characters, when my mom booked it she thought the characters made the food, given that would be cool to see but then I asked her if she would really want to eat food made by characters and then informed her, they do not make the food
Old 12-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #90
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I finally got back for your update.

I also took this one. Not very good detail in the picture, but I like how they make the walkways look kind of like hardened mud with tracks from the circus coming to town. Complete with animal tracks and discarded peanuts!

I love all the little detail.

I was sure by the time I got there that were already in line to ride. I looked all around the Dumbo stroller parking and didn’t see our stroller. I then went and looked around the stroller parking area by Barnstormer and didn’t see it there either. I walked back over to the Teacups and looked in the direction of Pooh and saw them all heading towards me. DW said she forgot they moved Dumbo and couldn’t find it. They ended up having to ask a CM. Oops, should have thought to remind them.

We parked the stroller and headed into try out the new Double Dumbo. DD’s first ever ride was with Dad.

A very sweet picture of daddy and his little girl.

We decided to ride a second time while the line was short, so DW got a chance to ride with DD as well.

Our first ride was on the Dumbo closest to Barnstormer. While we were in line, I was pointing out the rollercoaster to DS and talking it up. He didn’t look too sure about it, but after the second ride on Dumbo we took him over to it. I told him it was Goofy’s air plane and pointed out some of the sight gags as we walked through the queue. We walked right on to a half empty coaster and he ended up getting in without having any kind of a last second freak out. I think he ejoyed it once it was said and done...

Cute picture!!!!

Hey, it is a Disney first!!! I’ve never seen this guy before!!!

We watched for a bit, before DW, my sisters and I decided to leave Mom and DS there to watch while we rode SM. As we were walking, Sis2 was talking about how cool and impressive that was. She said she knows that it isn’t real, but couldn’t figure out how they did it. I looked at her and asked her if she was being serious. She was, so I asked her if she noticed the guy following it around talking to his hand…

I know it probably wasn’t very nice, but from the angle we were standing it was so obvious that I don’t know how she missed it. I just had to show her the picture that I took and ruined the magic.

We got back from SM and found DD sound asleep. Our Mermaid FP’s weren’t quite ready yet, so I asked everyone if they wanted to ride Buzz while we were close. They all went and I walked DD around Tomorrowland. After Buzz, we headed back past the new castle walls and into the new Fantasyland for the first time. I didn’t get any pictures at this time, but don’t worry, there will be some later. They really did an excellent job on the theming. We noted that the wait for Enchanted Tales with Belle was 60 min. We made our way to the very back to ride Under the Sea. Mom and Dad volunteered to wait with DD while the rest of us rode, then they’d go. We obviously didn’t get to experience the standby line and crab game I’ve heard about, but the FP line has some beautiful scenery as well. You just don’t get to stop and admire it.

DS took in the sights and more than once said it was scary. Then as we were walking out, I asked if he wanted to ride again. He said he did so off he went with Mom and Dad.

When they got done it was just after 11:00 am. It had been a very productive morning and we thought we’d check on the wait to get into Be Our Guest. When we walked past at 10:30, the line was already snaked around the corner, so we thought we’d ask how long the wait would be once the restaurant was actually opened. They told us 45 – 60 min.

Eh, maybe later, but not on the first day. Instead, we’d head to our trusty, traditional first meal at the MK destination, Pecos Bills. Not much to say here. We had a great meal, as usual, here and took a nice little break to sit and relax while we fed DD and took turns taking kids to change diapers. We decided that we’d go ride Jungle Cruise, but on the way, I grabbed everyone’s keys to get Thunder Mountain FP’s since we were close. The Jungle Cruise wait was posted as 15 min, but it was maybe 10. Our skipper was Lisa and she was absolutely the best skipper I’ve ever had. She didn’t do any new material, but her delivery was spot on. She really knew how to play the role and sell it. I can’t applaud her enough!

At the end of our cruise, we still had time before the FP’s for BTMRR would be good, so we decided that DS and DD might enjoy the Tiki Room. It turns out they did, but DS had his hands over his ears most of the time. That kid hates loud things…

After the Birds finished their performance, we stepped outside and DS was then on a mission. The week before our trip, I got him to watch Aladdin with me for the first time. Of all things in the movie, the one thing he was scared of was Genie… Really???? Anyway, whenever Genie was on the screen, Carpet was typically around too, so we started talking about Carpet and we talked about riding a carpet at Disney World. He obviously remembered and it didn’t take him long to spot them. The ladies took DS to ride Aladdin’s Dumbo Carpets while Dad stayed with DD and the stroller and I ran to get FP’s for Splash Mountain.

It had been a busy start to the day, but we had been having a blast and getting a lot of attractions done. We were going to have to head back for a nap sometime. The original plan was to leave at around 1pm, but it was now 1 and we had 2 FP’s in hand. We knew we were walking on thin ice, but just how long would we be able to last before a meltdown and a much needed nap for DS???

I can't believe you gave away the secret about Push.

Great update!

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family.

Tags
bar, csr, mvmcp, pop warner

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: