Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #256
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

After a late evening at MVMCP, I wasn’t sure we’d be able to get up and moving this morning, but like clockwork, DD was awake and asking for a bottle at about 6:15.
Imagine, it’s the youngest that will get you there by rope drop.

Quote:

Quote:

BiL let us know that Sis was still not feeling well and was just going to stay in the room. She gave him the go ahead to join us at the parks.
He owes her one.
Probable two or three.

Quote:

Having the turnstiles open a little early and letting the crowd trickle in is so much nicer than the mass of humanity and the mad dash to TSMM.

Quote:

we walked right up to an open FP machine, and by the time we got done getting FP’s, everyone else was standing right there ready to get in the Standby line. The sign was a 20 minute wait
It has calmed down a lot over time, but early is still better.

Quote:

the teen daughter and the mom broke into yelling, screaming arguments 2 or 3 different times, and then finally the mom just turned around and started walking out…
See what you’ve got to look forward to :

Quote:

For our first ride of the day, DD rode on my lap while DS was on DW’s. I told her to just let him ride in a seat by himself, but she said she didn’t care and would let him play and she’d just sit. Ok… but I’m not giving up my gun.
They’ll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands…

Quote:

We headed down Sunset Blvd for the best ride on Disney property, Rock n Rollercoaster.
Certainly one of the best

Quote:

About the third or fourth time we shot back up to the open door, I thought "I wish Mark was here."
I bet you did.

Quote:

By the time we finished, it was time for TSMM FP’s so we headed on back over for ride number 2. DD fell asleep so DW and I waited with her while everyone else went and rode, then when they got back, we went. The best part about this is that DS, being under 3, didn’t need an FP, so he got to ride twice.
Some times you win.
This is one of those times.

Quote:

But hey, it’s vacation. More food? Yes, please!
You sir, need to go cursing.
You’ve already got the correct attitude for it.

Quote:

And as it stands today, I've ridden it 8 times and neither myself or anyone riding with me has ever been the Rebel Spy...
If it will make you feel any better I’ll be happy to call you a spy and a traitor and have you taken away.

Quote:

Yes, I’m showing my Star Wars nerd side, but I was pumped.
Speaking for most of the rest of the geeks…
We’re all proud of you (of course you didn’t hear that from me)

Quote:

I much prefer the original movies…
Nuf said…
You can stop right there and all the rest of the geeks out here will just simply nod in agreement.

Quote:

Nobody was in a big hurry to go anywhere, but we finally decided to go see the Muppets.
A much better after dinner treat then a tall glass of Beverly.

A good morning all around and some very effective use of FPs there.
Nicely done.

Curse you, nemesis…

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I take it neither of you have ever eaten at Chuck E Cheese's.

Oh the horror…
Old 01-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #257
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:

I didn't say impossible.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #258
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Well... not since I was young enough to want to go and play all the games. So I can't say that I recall how good or bad the pizza was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Imagine, it’s the youngest that will get you there by rope drop.
She knows her priorities.

Quote:
He owes her one.
Probable two or three.
I'll defend him. He tolerates her horse showing addiction and attends shows quite often during the summer, so I'd say she is still in debt to him.

Quote:
It has calmed down a lot over time, but early is still better.
Without a doubt.

Quote:
See what you’ve got to look forward to :
No... because like I said, my kids will only speak to me like that once in public and they won't have to worry about being seen in public again any time soon.

Quote:
They’ll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands…
Ok, are we still talking about Toy Story or Second amendment rights?

Quote:
Certainly one of the best
Absolutely.

Quote:
I bet you did.
You can't help but think of some of the other people on the Disboards that really love or hate a certain attraction when you're on it. And Mark has become one with ToT in my thought process.

Quote:
Some times you win.
This is one of those times.

Quote:
You sir, need to go cursing.
You’ve already got the correct attitude for it.
We'll see. 2 or 3 years ago, I had no desire to do so. As I've seen some cruising TR's around here though, the idea is starting to grow on me.

Quote:
If it will make you feel any better I’ll be happy to call you a spy and a traitor and have you taken away.
I'm sure you would!

Quote:
Speaking for most of the rest of the geeks…
We’re all proud of you (of course you didn’t hear that from me)
So, if we're both Star Wars geeks, which one is the dark side?

Quote:
Nuf said…
You can stop right there and all the rest of the geeks out here will just simply nod in agreement.
So, what does everyone thing of JarJar?

Quote:
A much better after dinner treat then a tall glass of Beverly.
Indeed.

Quote:
A good morning all around and some very effective use of FPs there.
Nicely done.
Thanks... I think.

Quote:
Curse you, nemesis…
Ok, there it is.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #259
amazingact21
Upendi

Disney really did help matters in DHS by letting guests trickle in. Anyone who's been there at 9 o'clock when all the thousands of guests visiting that park try to rush to TSMM knows it's a madhouse. It's nice to now be able to walk to the ride and not have to wait long for a FP.

Starring Rolls has some great cupcakes, the peanut butter one is the best, in my opinion. But man, pizza on top of a cupcake on top of a cinnamon roll....then 2 rides on Star Tours. Iron stomach!

The pod race scene must be like the go-to sequence, because I have yet to ride Star Tours without getting it, either. I remember when I first heard that Star Tours was being refurbed, I was excited, because I was hoping the pod race scene would be eliminated entirely. And since then all 6 or 7 of my rides have landed me there.
That is really cool that you managed to get Hoth the second time around, though. What're the odds?
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #260
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed this update Andy....it sounds like you guys had a great time at DHS.

Rock 'n' Rollercoaster is my favorite too. I love that ride. And yes, for some reason I always think of Mark whenever I read someone's report about ToT.

I really need to try something from Starring Rolls sometime.

I remember back when my kids were smaller and the oldest made out like a bandit, going on rides twice as we did the kid-swap thing.

I'm glad you BiL enjoyed Star Tours and that you got to see some different scenes. The refurb really improved that ride.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #261
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
I'll defend him. He tolerates her horse showing addiction and attends shows quite often during the summer, so I'd say she is still in debt to him.
Well that’s different then…
Y’all need to go back and ride Star Tours 51 times consecutively.

Quote:
No... because like I said, my kids will only speak to me like that once in public and they won't have to worry about being seen in public again any time soon.

And the sooner you actually pull the trigger and prove to them that it will happen…
The sooner they’ll stop trying to stick a toe over that line.

Quote:
Ok, are we still talking about Toy Story or Second amendment rights?
Absolutely…

Quote:
We'll see. 2 or 3 years ago, I had no desire to do so. As I've seen some cruising TR's around here though, the idea is starting to grow on me.
It takes a real effort to not have a good time on a cruse ship.
Cruising is a bit like “vacation crack”…
One hit... you’re hooked.

Quote:
I'm sure you would!
Just doin’ my job

Quote:
So, if we're both Star Wars geeks, which one is the dark side?

Quote:
So, what does everyone thing of JarJar?
Just:

Back in the days of VHS (lord I’m old), there was a re-edited version of the first film floating around where Jar Jar’s voice was altered into a “Gungan Language” and subtitles added. Most of his poorly conceived slapstick antics were eradicated as well. The result was a character that was more like Yoda then Mr. Bean. Never seen it, but I like to.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #262
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

DONE! All caught up! It look me forever, but I'm back with the rest of the class! Too much to mulitquote, but I just wanted to say that the pictures from MVMCP are just adorable!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #263
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Disney really did help matters in DHS by letting guests trickle in. Anyone who's been there at 9 o'clock when all the thousands of guests visiting that park try to rush to TSMM knows it's a madhouse. It's nice to now be able to walk to the ride and not have to wait long for a FP.
It is definitely much better than the mad dash it used to be. Although, I admit, I was skeptical of the change at first.

Quote:
Starring Rolls has some great cupcakes, the peanut butter one is the best, in my opinion. But man, pizza on top of a cupcake on top of a cinnamon roll....then 2 rides on Star Tours. Iron stomach!
Hmmm... now that you put it that way, I don't know what I was thinking...

Quote:
The pod race scene must be like the go-to sequence, because I have yet to ride Star Tours without getting it, either. I remember when I first heard that Star Tours was being refurbed, I was excited, because I was hoping the pod race scene would be eliminated entirely. And since then all 6 or 7 of my rides have landed me there.
That is really cool that you managed to get Hoth the second time around, though. What're the odds?
I swear I was starting to wonder if they ever ran another scene for the middle sequence. I always seem to get a decent variety for the first part, the end and the hologram, but I kept getting stuck with the pod races!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I really enjoyed this update Andy....it sounds like you guys had a great time at DHS.
We had a blast!

Quote:
Rock 'n' Rollercoaster is my favorite too. I love that ride. And yes, for some reason I always think of Mark whenever I read someone's report about ToT.
As much fun as Toy Story is, that little corner of Sunset Blvd is still a number one priority for me in that park. I just can't not think of Mark on ToT anymore after all the joking about it.

Quote:
I really need to try something from Starring Rolls sometime.

Quote:
I remember back when my kids were smaller and the oldest made out like a bandit, going on rides twice as we did the kid-swap thing.
Yeah, it can be used very advantageously, if you know how to work around the system.

Quote:
I'm glad you BiL enjoyed Star Tours and that you got to see some different scenes. The refurb really improved that ride.
Definitely. Easily one of the best refurbs they've ever done!

Quote:
Well that’s different then…
Y’all need to go back and ride Star Tours 51 times consecutively.
Good idea.

Star Wars weekend, here I come!!!!

Quote:
It takes a real effort to not have a good time on a cruse ship.
Cruising is a bit like “vacation crack”…
One hit... you’re hooked.
Forget it then. I can't afford that addiction.

Quote:
Back in the days of VHS (lord I’m old), there was a re-edited version of the first film floating around where Jar Jar’s voice was altered into a “Gungan Language” and subtitles added. Most of his poorly conceived slapstick antics were eradicated as well. The result was a character that was more like Yoda then Mr. Bean. Never seen it, but I like to.
Yes, you're old, and I don't think I've ever even seen any of the prequels on VHS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
DONE! All caught up! It look me forever, but I'm back with the rest of the class! Too much to mulitquote, but I just wanted to say that the pictures from MVMCP are just adorable!
Thanks. Try to stay caught up now.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:34 AM   #264
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sounds like y'all were having a really great day @ DHS!

First of all....that cinnamon roll looks sooooo delicious! I would love to have one of those for breakfast but I'm pretty sure that would blow my diet.....for the rest of the week.

So sorry you Sister was feeling bad but that's good that your BIL was having fun with you on the thrill rides and Star Tours. Speaking of which, I would LOVE to get the Hoth scene! We always get that stupid podracer scene as well.

Pizza Planet is always a for my family. I know people complain about it, but we enjoy our food.

And for getting to ride TSMM a few times!! Although, that is a little crazy about the mom & daughters. Wow.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #265
KatMark
DIS Veteran

:surf web:
Old 02-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #266
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Sounds like y'all were having a really great day @ DHS!
Always! Despite not having an abundance of quality attractions, the few that I really like there some of my favorites anywhere on property!

Quote:
First of all....that cinnamon roll looks sooooo delicious! I would love to have one of those for breakfast but I'm pretty sure that would blow my diet.....for the rest of the week.
It is Disney World. That statement makes absolutely no logical sense.

Quote:
So sorry you Sister was feeling bad but that's good that your BIL was having fun with you on the thrill rides and Star Tours. Speaking of which, I would LOVE to get the Hoth scene! We always get that stupid podracer scene as well.
Well, at least it isn't just me then.

Quote:
Pizza Planet is always a for my family. I know people complain about it, but we enjoy our food.
It's mass produced pizza and it does the trick... what else is there to say about it?

Quote:
And for getting to ride TSMM a few times!! Although, that is a little crazy about the mom & daughters. Wow.
Definitely great to get a couple of rides in on that one. The family fighting in line at Disney World has kind of become one of those things I expect. People are going to get on each others' nerves on vacation, and that's just the way it is.

But if the park has been open for maybe 10 minutes and you're already ready to kill each other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
:surf web:
Really???? It's been like 2 days. I post one (maybe 2) updates a week.

Unlike some people, I don't get to go 3 or 4 times a year, so I've got to spread my TR out some.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #267
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Really???? It's been like 2 days. I post one (maybe 2) updates a week.

Unlike some people, I don't get to go 3 or 4 times a year, so I've got to spread my TR out some.
Tim's been doing really good at updating, so I had to pick on someone.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #268
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Tim's been doing really good at updating, so I had to pick on someone.
Well, Tim has to update. He's becoming one of those people that get to go every few months...
Old 02-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #269
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, Tim has to update. He's becoming one of those people that get to go every few months...
I think that will stop with Baby #3 on the way; we're actually working on the dates for our fourth trip in 2013.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #270
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Good gravy it took me like 5 times trying to get through you update, every time I tried, I got distracted!

That cinnamon roll looks amazing... We love Star Tours, can't wait to give it another spin when we get down there!!!!

Pizza Planet is on the list for us to do, we will see if it happens though. By the end of the week I normally am very over food

Tags
bar, csr, mvmcp, pop warner

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: