Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #241
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that
 
brettcw23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,608

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
MVMCP Cont.

I walked over to the character tent and poked my head inside. It was a ghost town. I realize you can see them anytime, but we were going to be able to see them right now with no wait. We headed in and met

Daisy:


DD really loved the characters and they loved her. So did one of the Photopass CMís. Goofyís handler abandoned him to follow us around. After we finished, DW mentioned that we forgot to take DDís jacket off and she had on a Minnie outfit. We took DDís jacket off and sent DS out into the shop with Grandma and Grandpa. We went back in with DD and our personal Photopass CM was standing at Daisyís station waiting for us, but Daisy and Minnie had stepped out for a break apparently. When they returned, she reminded them that we had just visited and explained why we were back. We took a few pictures with Daisy:

most 11:00 pm by then. When we met up with everyone in the gift shop, they had all had enough and were ready to call it a night. DS was in the early stages of being a zombie, so we loaded the kids back into the stroller. There was just one little problem. I didnít get to do EMH last night, which means I hadnít had a chance to ride Thunder Mountain after dark. We all know that it is an entirely different ride at night, so this would have to be rectified before I could leave. We walked over and Mom, Sis2, DW and I all went for a ride on the wildest ride in the wilderness.

After that, we wandered back up towards Main Street. We paused to take some pictures along the way.

DW and I went into the Main Street bakery to grab some cinnamon rolls to have for breakfast in the morning.

After a Ferry ride back to the TTC and a quick drive back to CSR, we were quickly in bed and asleep. The only question was whether weíd be able to wake up and make a Rope Drop in a few short hoursÖ
Wow....looks like you all had a blast! I just got back from snow tubing with my daughters. being out in the cold\snow makes me really want to be in WDW. The pictures help ease the pain of the cold Western PA Winter!
__________________
Brett
Me(39) DW(40) DD10 DD7
DVC Member March 2011
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Controlled Chaos and the Quest for Bottomless Dole Whips
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (Mar.)
2012 BLT (Nov.), 2013 BWV, 2014 BLT
brettcw23 is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #242
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
I am not a very good stalker, I had no idea you updated, let alone twice, apparently I need to work on my skills...
Slacker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
I am so jealous you got to meet the bears! We might have to do the party sometime soon, we keep talking about it on and off. Though I have a feeling it will be a Halloween party before a Christmas one, we are planing my niece's first trip!
I'd love to do a Halloween party sometime. The only thing is, that just isn't a good time of year for me to be gone. Not sure I'll ever be able to make that one happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
I love that you had no waits for the characters, and could take DD back, so we got double the cuteness!!
It really was nice. We hated to be doing things that we can do any time during the party, but it is just easier to avoid lines with our kids, so it worked out well. We really had some excellent character interactions there, because there was just no rush at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
Poor Dsis, I can't imagine having to skip the party!
She really did miss out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Great pictures from the dance party! Both kiddos look like they are just having the best time. And that was really great that the Photopass photographer was able to catch some shots of them with Woody!
Yeah, I was kind of surprised, but I'm glad he got some. With the lighting in there, the pictures we took didn't come out really well, so it was nice that he got some good ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
That is soooooo something Paxton would do!!
Yeah... I just can't even explain it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
The pictures with the Sideshow characters are ADORABLE!!!! Seriously, I wanted to just quote them all. The ones of DD with Minnie are so precious I could cry!
Thanks! We really loved them. It was great that they had the time to let us go back through. Minnie was awesome with her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I know I responded to the first part of your post, but I swore I commented on all your PP pics and the dance party too. No idea where that post went. Maybe I just imagined it.
Blame Barry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I will now give you the short, short version:
Do you? YES
Do you? YES
Good. You're married.
Crap, now I've got to go re-read the post to figure out what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Love the pictures. Could your daughter be any more adorable? Your DS looks like her was having a blast on the rides and he looked like he was up to no good sitting on your head. I'd be careful doing that....
Thanks. She is definitely a cutie... at least in my not so humble opinion.

That night I was thankful for the fact that DS still wears diapers.

Our potty training efforts so far have been frustrating and futile...

The kid seems to have no desire at all to use the big boy potty. He'll tell you when he needs a diaper, but won't say anything before he has to go. If you sit him on the potty he'll just sit there doing nothing, but as soon as you take him off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
We met the Country Bears too at MVMCP with no line also They're a little frightening, I must say.
True, they are big bears and they don't exactly have that friendly, smiling face like Pooh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Those are the BEST PP pictures! The dance party must have been so fun for them. We stepped in there for a few minutes and it was so cute seeing all the little kids dancing...and adults trying to dance with the characters too...like me
Thanks!
Well, I was up there with DS, but I was able to resist dancing. If you'd ever seen me try to attempt dancing, you'd understand why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Loved the Nelson picture! That's exactly what runs through my head when I see someone getting scolded or told off.
I'm glad to know I'm not alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
What a life! Sheesh! If only......
She always does that... whenever she gets sleepy she'll just throw the arms up and flop back.

She also strikes that pose anytime she's taking a bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I guess her nap did the trick because she certainly was getting into the character pictures later in the evening! You got some amazing shots with both of the kids.
Yes, she was going strong all night, and in a good mood too. That's always the tricky part.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
BTMMR is definitely a must-do in the dark. Love that ride!
It definitely is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Haha to the cheerleaders who got turned away!
I realize they just didn't know better, and they probably weren't even any of them from CSR, but still, it just felt good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post
Wow....looks like you all had a blast! I just got back from snow tubing with my daughters. being out in the cold\snow makes me really want to be in WDW. The pictures help ease the pain of the cold Western PA Winter!


It certainly was fun, but there's something to be said for some fun in the cold too! I love tubing/sledding, but we haven't had any snow here for a few weeks now. Some recreational snow seems to make the cold a little more tolerable.
afwdwfan is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #243
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 13,067

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Blame Barry.
Don't worry. I did.

Quote:
Crap, now I've got to go re-read the post to figure out what you're talking about.
Sorry.. I was giving you the short version of my response. The married thing was the short, short version from Spaceballs.

Quote:
Thanks. She is definitely a cutie... at least in my not so humble opinion.
You are allowed to think that dad!

Quote:
That night I was thankful for the fact that DS still wears diapers.


Quote:
Our potty training efforts so far have been frustrating and futile...

The kid seems to have no desire at all to use the big boy potty. He'll tell you when he needs a diaper, but won't say anything before he has to go. If you sit him on the potty he'll just sit there doing nothing, but as soon as you take him off...
We knew Juliana was ready but she refused. We told her that the potty fairy was coming to take all her diapers. When she woke up there was no diapers and her changing pad was gone. She fought us for hours to take the diaper off of her. We finally got her diaper off and besides one pee accident, she was using the potty by that night. It was tough love but she needed a little push.

Quote:
Well, I was up there with DS, but I was able to resist dancing. If you'd ever seen me try to attempt dancing, you'd understand why.
Any video we can see to judge for ourselves?
that's nice is online now  
Old 01-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #244
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Sorry.. I was giving you the short version of my response. The married thing was the short, short version from Spaceballs.
Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
We knew Juliana was ready but she refused. We told her that the potty fairy was coming to take all her diapers. When she woke up there was no diapers and her changing pad was gone. She fought us for hours to take the diaper off of her. We finally got her diaper off and besides one pee accident, she was using the potty by that night. It was tough love but she needed a little push.
BiL told us his brother had the same problem with their son. They tried all kinds of different tricks. One day they had to go somewhere and they would be walking around all day. They told their son that if he wasn't going to be a big boy and use the potty, he was going to have to carry his own diaper bag around from now on. They put diapers and wipes in and then put a bunch of other stuff in a backpack so that it would be extra heavy for him and made him wear it all day. After a few hours, he was getting tired and took the backpack off and asked his dad to carry it. His dad asked if he was ready to go to go use the potty and put his underwear on. He didn't say a word, he just put the backpack back on and started walking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Any video we can see to judge for ourselves?
I highly doubt it.
afwdwfan is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #245
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,424

A Gift to the Taste Buds

Wednesday, Dec 5


After a late evening at MVMCP, I wasnít sure weíd be able to get up and moving this morning, but like clockwork, DD was awake and asking for a bottle at about 6:15. After I fed her, I got myself ready and woke DW before heading off to El Centro for our drinks. When I returned, I got out our purchases from the night before and I took this picture to post to the DisDads thread.



The cinnamon rolls certainly hit the spot and were the perfect way to start the day.

We quickly got ready and were actually on schedule this morning despite the late night. We met everyone outside and BiL let us know that Sis was still not feeling well and was just going to stay in the room. She gave him the go ahead to join us at the parks.

Our plan for the day was to hit DHS. We managed to make it there by around 8:30. We were there before the turnstiles opened, but we were still pretty far back in the line by then. I have to say that I love the way they open the park now. Having the turnstiles open a little early and letting the crowd trickle in is so much nicer than the mass of humanity and the mad dash to TSMM.

Despite the changes in park opening, I wasnít too sure what to expect, so BiL and I took everyoneís tickets after they got through the gates and did the power walk over to TSMM. Truthfully, it wasnít necessary, because we walked right up to an open FP machine, and by the time we got done getting FPís, everyone else was standing right there ready to get in the Standby line. The sign was a 20 minute wait, but it might have been about 15. Not bad at all.







While we were waiting, there was a family about 2 groups in front of us. I assume a mom and 2 daughters. One of the girls was probably around 8 or 9, the other Iíd guess to be around 13 or 14. Anyway, the teen daughter and the mom broke into yelling, screaming arguments 2 or 3 different times, and then finally the mom just turned around and started walking out of the line. The daughters just kind of stood there looking at each other, and then followed her out. The guy in line in front of me just turned around and shook his head and said "Nothing like seeing a happy family at Disney World." I said "Yeah, not even 9:30 yet. They're in for a long day." We actually saw them again when we got to the long switchback in front of Mr. Potatohead. Apparently they didnít make it all the way out of the line before they decided to go ahead and ride.

For our first ride of the day, DD rode on my lap while DS was on DWís. I told her to just let him ride in a seat by himself, but she said she didnít care and would let him play and sheíd just sit. OkÖ but Iím not giving up my gun.

We finished up at TSMM and then it was time for some big kid fun. Dad stayed with the stroller and the kids, while the rest of us headed off to ride. We headed down Sunset Blvd for the best ride on Disney property, Rock n Rollercoaster. I love this ride. I just canít get enough of it. I think I like it for the music about as much as anything though! BiL seemed to really enjoy it too. After that, we stopped by Tower of Terror. The line was still only about 15 minutes, so we were quickly in the elevator and enjoying the ride. I really like the fact that they have the random drop sequence. It felt like we just kept on going and going this time. It certainly seemed to last a lot longer than it usually does. About the third or fourth time we shot back up to the open door, I thought "I wish Mark was here."

By the time we finished, it was time for TSMM FPís so we headed on back over for ride number 2. DD fell asleep so DW and I waited with her while everyone else went and rode, then when they got back, we went. The best part about this is that DS, being under 3, didnít need an FP, so he got to ride twice. He was pretty excited about that. I guess when he rode with everyone else, he got a seat by himself and rode with BiL. I think they said his score was 7500 or something like that when he was unassisted, but hey, he had a blast.

One of the things DW wanted to do was see Beauty and the Beast, and it was almost show time so we decided to wander on over. BiL said he wanted a snack and I mentioned that Starring Rolls was right on the way. Now Iíve seen all kinds of good reviews about Starring Rolls and have wanted to try some of the cupcakes there, but for some reason or another, it has never happened. Well, we might as well grab some snacks to enjoy while weíre watching the show!!!

BiL, DW and I each got a cupcake. I had a Peanut Butter cupcake and DW got the Butterfinger cupcake and both were awesome! Iím glad we finally tried them. Iíll be honest, I thought about taking a picture of my cupcake, but by the time I even got over to the condiment station to get napkins, Iíd already pulled about all the chocolate pieces out of the icing and eaten them. It was definitely some chocolate and peanut butter awesomeness. It was kind of one of those situations, where after the cinnamon roll for breakfast, this cupcake was really too big. I wanted a snack, but it was almost too much. Well, donít worry, I wasnít about to waste any. And I might have helped DW finish her Butterfinger cupcake tooÖ

Beauty and the Beast was a very nice show. I think Iíve seen it before, but it has been a long, long timeÖ like probably back when it first opened. So it really was almost like a new attraction to us and we really enjoyed it.





After the show ended, Sis2 wanted to go eat lunch. Having just stuffed myself silly on cupcakes, I could have waited a little bit longer. But hey, itís vacation. More food? Yes, please!

She wanted pizza so we at least burned a few calories crossing the park to get to Pizza Planet. On the way over, we were going past Star Tours. Iíd remembered the comments from everyone the first night when they swore they wouldnít ride again and asked them again, just to be sure. Nobody had changed their minds and the FP time was less than an hour out. BiL and I planned to ride, so we took some tickets over to the FP machines and got 4 FP's so that we could each ride twice.

Lunch was goodÖ I enjoy Disney pizza and Pizza Planet. No, it is no Via Napoli and it certainly isnít the best pizza Iíve ever had, but it isnít the worst Iíve ever had either. It is a good mealÖ and very filling, which isnít exactly what I needed right then. I managed to eat my pizza and salad, but I didnít actually eat my cookie. Iím not one to waste food, so I stuck it in a pocket on the stroller for later, but I just couldnít eat it at that point in time.

BiL and I were finished with our food, but DS was still eating and DW was feeding DD. It was time for our FPís so we headed out to ride, while everyone else was still finishing up with lunch. As we headed over, we were talking about the ride. I explained that it has different scenes you can see so it isnít always the same ride. He asked what some of the scenes are and I explained them. We both like Star Wars, and we both mentioned that weíd love to see the Hoth (Ice planet) scene. I truthfully, have never researched to see what scenes are on the ride, so I donít know any of the ones I hadnít seen before. I commented that I assumed they must have that one, but Iíd never seen it. We talked a little more and I mentioned that I always get the Pod Races on the middle sceneÖ always. Iíve never seen another one, and at that point I'd ridden the new Star Tours 6 times. Yes, I know the total number of times I'd been on it including last year's trip and this years... And as it stands today, I've ridden it 8 times and neither myself or anyone riding with me has ever been the Rebel Spy...

We went into the queue and the FP line was actually a little long. We got to watch the baggage check robot for a little bit, which I have to say, I love! They got us moving and quickly we were in our Star Speeder. Our opening scene was the Vader one, which is my favorite, and for the second sceneÖ.

The Pod Races of course. The final scene was Coruscant where you hit the air traffic controller. Iíve got to admit, I like that scene. That droid cracks me up every time.

We went through the gift shop, and I think BiL almost wanted to stop and build his own light saber, but we finally got outside and back through the line. For ride number 2 we got the opening scene with the droid that attaches to the windshield and then we were offÖ

And we ended up on Hoth!!!!!!!!

Yes, Iím showing my Star Wars nerd side, but I was pumped. I much prefer the original movies, so I wasnít a big fan of the Pod Race scene anyway. I was really excited to not only be seeing a new scene, but to have it be one of my favorite scenes from any of the movies! BiL was pretty impressed by it too. He obviously remembered our conversation, because he was punching me on the arm as soon as we realized what it was. Unfortunately, our ending destination was the same for both flights, but we definitely enjoyed our rides.

BiL loved it, which is the important part. It really was a shame that Sis wasnít feeling well, but Iím glad she told BiL to go to the park with us. He really had a good time and he seemed to love the DHS thrill rides as much as I thought he would. Maybe even more. He couldnít stop talking about ToT all week.

We headed back to Pizza Planet and everyone was still sitting at the table relaxing. Well, almost everybody.



Nobody was in a big hurry to go anywhere, but we finally decided to go see the Muppets. After the show, we thought about stopping to see Lightning McQueen or Phineas and Ferb, but DS didnít really act too eager and the lines were long so we decided to head back for naps. Mom, Sis2 and Dad decided to stay at the park for a while to do the Backlot Tour and the Great Movie Ride, but BiL rode back to CSR with us to go check on Sis.
afwdwfan is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #246
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 13,067

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
When I returned, I got out our purchases from the night before and I took this picture to post to the DisDads thread.

MMMMMMMMMM

Too bad Main St. bakery is no more. They are trying to push people to Gaston's for the cinnamon roll but it is nothing like the MSB one.

Quote:
I have to say that I love the way they open the park now. Having the turnstiles open a little early and letting the crowd trickle in is so much nicer than the mass of humanity and the mad dash to TSMM.
It is better than before... the dash was crazy!

Quote:
We headed down Sunset Blvd for the best ride on Disney property, Rock n Rollercoaster. I love this ride. I just can’t get enough of it.
AGREED!

Quote:
About the third or fourth time we shot back up to the open door, I thought "I wish Mark was here."


I bet Mark was saying the same thing.


Quote:
She wanted pizza so we at least burned a few calories crossing the park to get to Pizza Planet.
We haven't eaten there in a few years but I liked how you can get a salad with the pizza.

Quote:
As we headed over, we were talking about the ride. I explained that it has different scenes you can see so it isn’t always the same ride. He asked what some of the scenes are and I explained them. We both like Star Wars, and we both mentioned that we’d love to see the Hoth (Ice planet) scene. I truthfully, have never researched to see what scenes are on the ride, so I don’t know any of the ones I hadn’t seen before. I commented that I assumed they must have that one, but I’d never seen it. We talked a little more and I mentioned that I always get the Pod Races on the middle scene… always. I’ve never seen another one, and at that point I'd ridden the new Star Tours 6 times. Yes, I know the total number of times I'd been on it including last year's trip and this years... And as it stands today, I've ridden it 8 times and neither myself or anyone riding with me has ever been the Rebel Spy...
I love Star Wars but I wouldn't consider myself a SWN(erd)...

I love the new ride. It is awesome.

Quote:
The Pod Races of course.


Quote:
And we ended up on Hoth!!!!!!!!
SCORE!

Quote:
Mom, Sis2 and Dad decided to stay at the park for a while to do the Backlot Tour and the Great Movie Ride, but BiL rode back to CSR with us to go check on Sis.
So basically they wasted their time staying at DHS...
that's nice is online now  
Old 01-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #247
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,115

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
We met everyone outside and BiL let us know that Sis was still not feeling well and was just going to stay in the room. She gave him the go ahead to join us at the parks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I have to say that I love the way they open the park now. Having the turnstiles open a little early and letting the crowd trickle in is so much nicer than the mass of humanity and the mad dash to TSMM.
It's definitely better for avoiding the mad TSMM dash, but the Streetmosphere opening was fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Anyway, the teen daughter and the mom broke into yelling, screaming arguments 2 or 3 different times, and then finally the mom just turned around and started walking out of the line. The daughters just kind of stood there looking at each other, and then followed her out. The guy in line in front of me just turned around and shook his head and said "Nothing like seeing a happy family at Disney World."
I get the feeling mom was calling somebody's bluff there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
For our first ride of the day, DD rode on my lap while DS was on DWís. I told her to just let him ride in a seat by himself, but she said she didnít care and would let him play and sheíd just sit. OkÖ but Iím not giving up my gun.
Seriously. Anyway, since you didn't post the scores, I can only assume that your DS beat you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I really like the fact that they have the random drop sequence. It felt like we just kept on going and going this time. It certainly seemed to last a lot longer than it usually does. About the third or fourth time we shot back up to the open door, I thought "I wish Mark was here."
Laugh it up, fuzzball. You wouldn't be saying that once this occurred:


Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
It was definitely some chocolate and peanut butter awesomeness. It was kind of one of those situations, where after the cinnamon roll for breakfast, this cupcake was really too big. I wanted a snack, but it was almost too much.
Nonsense. Calories don't count on vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Beauty and the Beast was a very nice show. I think Iíve seen it before, but it has been a long, long timeÖ like probably back when it first opened. So it really was almost like a new attraction to us and we really enjoyed it.
Have you seen the movie? Then you've seen it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Lunch was goodÖ I enjoy Disney pizza and Pizza Planet. No, it is no Via Napoli and it certainly isnít the best pizza Iíve ever had, but it isnít the worst Iíve ever had either.
It's just fine. Hard to screw up pizza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
We talked a little more and I mentioned that I always get the Pod Races on the middle sceneÖ always. Iíve never seen another one, and at that point I'd ridden the new Star Tours 6 times.
Sounds like you just jinxed yourself. Anyway, you know what the best part is? Getting chosen to be the Rebel Spy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
And as it stands today, I've ridden it 8 times and neither myself or anyone riding with me has ever been the Rebel Spy...
Oh. I mean, it's just ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Our opening scene was the Vader one, which is my favorite, and for the second sceneÖ.

The Pod Races of course.
Jinx! I haven't experience the Vader scene yet, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
And we ended up on Hoth!!!!!!!!
Nice. Original trilogy scenes are definitely better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post


I bet Mark was saying the same thing.
Well...maybe wishing I was in the general vicinity is more accurate.
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #248
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,484

I'm already hungry for lunch, so after seeing the pic of the cinnamon roll, I'm really glad you did not post pictures of your cupcakes! We have gotten the Butterfinger cupcake before, and it was delicious, but I really want to try either the red velvet or chocolate/peanut butter one next time.

I really love the way they open DHS now. It's so much easier & less stressful! And it's really great that you can get on TSM before the park is even officially "open" at 9 am!

Congrats on getting the scene you wanted! I think I have now seen every version of each scene, so the only surprise will be which ones I get on a particular ride. It was kind of fun those first few times after the update getting brand new scenes!
__________________
Me DH DS (4)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #249
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,648

You guys got your ride on that morning! What a great morning all around and for different/new scenes on Star Tours!

That cinnamon roll made me hungry just looking at it, but thinking of that + cupcake + pizza made me want to take a nap! Sorry that your sister was still feeling the after effects of the gluten tainted oil, how frustrating to be that sensitive to it.
eandesmom is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #250
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,313

That cinnamon roll looks divine! So glad that you tried Starring Rolls and enjoyed it. We've yet to make it in there either.

I'm sure that my husband and daughter would have understood every Star Wars reference that you made, but I'll just say that I'm glad you enjoyed your rides.
shan23877 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #251
Leshaface
DIS Veteran
 
Leshaface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central, CA
Posts: 5,084

Ugh that cinnamon roll looks insanely delicious right now. This weekend i'm going to try and make some homemade ones. Pretty sure they're not going to look anything like that

I'm listening to Live365 right now, and what do you know, as I was reading your Beauty and the Beast part, the song Be Our Guest came on

Another Star Wars nerd yes! Anytime a Star Wars movie comes on (which is usually on Spike), I'll watch it. It's like a magnet for me.

I can't believe you've only ever gotten (until now) the pod racing scene. I think i've had it once, but I liked it because that was my favorite part on the Phantom Menace. I've actually gotten the Hoth scene the most. Kashyyk is definitely my favorite. I also like the Death star scene...and the Naboo scene. What I guess i'm trying to say is, I love them all!
__________________


DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #252
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,716

As you know, I'm behind on everyone's threads and I'm two updates behind on yours. So rather than quote things Like I try to do, I'll just post my thoughts.

First update I missed:

LOVE the dancing pictures with Woody

The smile on your son's face on the Mad Tea Party is priceless.

I was looking at the pictures of DS sitting on your head to watch the parade. He certainly had the best seat in the house.

You can call that silly boat ride "It's a Small Boat to China"...that way you avoid using the words I can tell you wanted to use.

The pictures with Minnie, Daisy, Goofy and Donald are wonderful...but especially the ones of DD with Minnie.


On your last update:

You actually like the pizza at Pizza Planet? Hmmmm....it wasn't too bad at the place at the AK, so maybe we'll try Pizza Planet (it's probably been 15 years since we've been there).

So glad that BIL enjoyed the thrill rides with you. But I disagree with you...TOT is the best ride at Disney. And your mentioning of Mark when you'd gone up and down the fourth time was exactly what I was thinking. He would have loved it.

Love the photo of DS sitting on grandpa's lap playing a game...these are the moments to treasure.

Hope sis was better when you got back to the resort for a nap.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #253
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
MMMMMMMMMM

Too bad Main St. bakery is no more. They are trying to push people to Gaston's for the cinnamon roll but it is nothing like the MSB one.
I hope they move the cinnamon rolls back after the construction is done. I know I'll be less likely to walk out of the way to Gaston's Tavern on the way out of the park, and if MSB just has Starbucks pastries, I'll be passing that one up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
It is better than before... the dash was crazy!


Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
AGREED!
I thought you might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post


I bet Mark was saying the same thing.
I wouldn't know why not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
We haven't eaten there in a few years but I liked how you can get a salad with the pizza.
Yeah, I'm not typically excited to eat a salad, but a slice of pizza usually isn't all that filling. The meal together really works well though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I love Star Wars but I wouldn't consider myself a SWN(erd)...
So, are you saying you're too cool to be one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I love the new ride. It is awesome.


Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
So basically they wasted their time staying at DHS...
That would be one opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
It's definitely better for avoiding the mad TSMM dash, but the Streetmosphere opening was fun.
True... I do miss the opening shows at the other parks, but I think as far as practical application goes, the new way works much more smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I get the feeling mom was calling somebody's bluff there.
I don't know... the 2 of them were being just downright nasty with each other. Let me put it this way, if my kid as a teen ever talks to me that way in public, they won't have to worry about seeing public again anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Seriously. Anyway, since you didn't post the scores, I can only assume that your DS beat you.
Nope. I always win.

Always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Laugh it up, fuzzball. You wouldn't be saying that once this occurred:
Good point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Nonsense. Calories don't count on vacation.
True, but the stomach doesn't necessarily expand any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Have you seen the movie? Then you've seen it before.
I guess that's true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
It's just fine. Hard to screw up pizza.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Sounds like you just jinxed yourself. Anyway, you know what the best part is? Getting chosen to be the Rebel Spy!!



Oh. I mean, it's just ok.
Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Jinx! I haven't experience the Vader scene yet, though.
I love that one! It will give you chills the first time you see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Nice. Original trilogy scenes are definitely better.
Definitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Well...maybe wishing I was in the general vicinity is more accurate.
Maybe down at Starring Rolls enjoying one of those cupcakes?
afwdwfan is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #254
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I'm already hungry for lunch, so after seeing the pic of the cinnamon roll, I'm really glad you did not post pictures of your cupcakes! We have gotten the Butterfinger cupcake before, and it was delicious, but I really want to try either the red velvet or chocolate/peanut butter one next time.
Let me just say that next time we go back, I'm getting the peanut butter one again. Both were great, but if it has chocolate and peanut butter, I'm all over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I really love the way they open DHS now. It's so much easier & less stressful! And it's really great that you can get on TSM before the park is even officially "open" at 9 am!
I know... we really could have gotten another set of FP's if we wanted to, but we really wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to make it a slower afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Congrats on getting the scene you wanted! I think I have now seen every version of each scene, so the only surprise will be which ones I get on a particular ride. It was kind of fun those first few times after the update getting brand new scenes!
I was really excited to see Hoth. I was excited just to see something other than the Pod Races. I'm pretty sure I've seen all of them also now, except for the third middle scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
You guys got your ride on that morning! What a great morning all around and for different/new scenes on Star Tours!
Hey, we don't waste time. Get in, hit the rides, get out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
That cinnamon roll made me hungry just looking at it, but thinking of that + cupcake + pizza made me want to take a nap! Sorry that your sister was still feeling the after effects of the gluten tainted oil, how frustrating to be that sensitive to it.
Obviously I was thinking nap too... I love the Muppetvision show, but sitting in that dark theater after all that food was making me sleepy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
That cinnamon roll looks divine! So glad that you tried Starring Rolls and enjoyed it. We've yet to make it in there either.
It was well worth it. Definitely lived up to the hype!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm sure that my husband and daughter would have understood every Star Wars reference that you made, but I'll just say that I'm glad you enjoyed your rides.
Ok, I'll take that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Ugh that cinnamon roll looks insanely delicious right now. This weekend i'm going to try and make some homemade ones. Pretty sure they're not going to look anything like that
Don't worry about how they look, what matters is how they taste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I'm listening to Live365 right now, and what do you know, as I was reading your Beauty and the Beast part, the song Be Our Guest came on
Excellent song!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Another Star Wars nerd yes! Anytime a Star Wars movie comes on (which is usually on Spike), I'll watch it. It's like a magnet for me.


And I can't wait to see what Disney does with the new trilogy. I'm actually more excited about this than I ever was about any of the prequels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I can't believe you've only ever gotten (until now) the pod racing scene. I think i've had it once, but I liked it because that was my favorite part on the Phantom Menace. I've actually gotten the Hoth scene the most. Kashyyk is definitely my favorite. I also like the Death star scene...and the Naboo scene. What I guess i'm trying to say is, I love them all!
It isn't that the Pod Race scene is bad... actually the visuals are very nice, but I was just ready for something else!!! And seeing a scene from one of the original movies was icing on the cake!

And I definitely have to agree with that last part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
As you know, I'm behind on everyone's threads and I'm two updates behind on yours. So rather than quote things Like I try to do, I'll just post my thoughts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
LOVE the dancing pictures with Woody
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
The smile on your son's face on the Mad Tea Party is priceless.
He loves spinning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I was looking at the pictures of DS sitting on your head to watch the parade. He certainly had the best seat in the house.
Well, he certainly had a good vantage point from up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You can call that silly boat ride "It's a Small Boat to China"...that way you avoid using the words I can tell you wanted to use.
Yeah, but that's your thing. I don't want to plaigerize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
The pictures with Minnie, Daisy, Goofy and Donald are wonderful...but especially the ones of DD with Minnie.
Thanks! It was really a fun character meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You actually like the pizza at Pizza Planet? Hmmmm....it wasn't too bad at the place at the AK, so maybe we'll try Pizza Planet (it's probably been 15 years since we've been there).
I'm not trying to sway a Chicago pizza snob here, but it is ok. It isn't gourmet pizza, but it is fine by amusement park standards. I don't have a problem eating it, especially when you consider the other QS options in the Studios. I don't think I will ever eat at the pizza place in AK though... not with Flame Tree there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
So glad that BIL enjoyed the thrill rides with you. But I disagree with you...TOT is the best ride at Disney. And your mentioning of Mark when you'd gone up and down the fourth time was exactly what I was thinking. He would have loved it.
I do love ToT. Actually I think it might have moved up my list even higher after this trip, but Rock n Rollercoaster is going to be a hard one to knock off.

Unless they do something stupid like making it a Biebercoaster. Then I'm done with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love the photo of DS sitting on grandpa's lap playing a game...these are the moments to treasure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Hope sis was better when you got back to the resort for a nap.
Well... she certainly couldn't be worse...
afwdwfan is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #255
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 13,067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I refrained from using this... I knew you wanted to.

Quote:
It's just fine. Hard to screw up pizza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I take it neither of you have ever eaten at Chuck E Cheese's.

that's nice is online now  
 

Tags
bar, csr, mvmcp, pop warner



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: