Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #226
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh my goodness! Those are some of the most adorable PP pictures ever and even the ones that aren't are adorable. I can't even begin to pick a favorite out of the Storybook Circus ones and I love the one of your DS in the teacups. Great character interaction and your kids were clearly eating it up.

Your DS sitting on your head to get a higher view bring back some memories for sure. Mostly of a very sore neck!

What a fabulous update and I'm glad you still got to ride BTMRR in the dark, one of my favorite things ever!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #227
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I'm so glad that the rest of the party was fun for almost all of you. Those character pictures are completely priceless. I cannot wait to see that character M&G in person. I love the costumes.

Those pictures of you and DS are awesome. The things that a dad will do for his kids huh?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #228
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I love all the pics. Your DD at the dance party looks like she's singing at the top of her lungs lol! Love the way all the characters got down to their level as well
She seemed to enjoy just being able to get on the floor and have a little bit of freedom to move. If it had been about a month later, I'm not sure we'd be able to keep her in a confined area and safe off to the side!

The characters were great with them. The only thing I'll say is that they really didn't pay as much attention to DS, with the exception of Donald, which was really a disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Caught up and that absolutely stinks about the allergic reaction.
Mine are not that severe but if I don't catch it, it can certainly get me feeling pretty crummy.

Getting the book( I really just need to check ingredients and then take preventive measures if needed ) and then talking to soemone is key.

Some go overboard and just wont let you have anything - even if you tell them it is fine if it is a little.

Some can't really give advice wither way and the Food and Wine booths were a mess sort of.

Finally at EPCOT I got information that there is a chef per zone and can counsel you on what you can have in the zone. Since I need an ingredient list that become hard.

Finally I had someone tell me to check out the cookbook for an ingredient list.

Sorry they had to leave early and no even get to enjoy the party.
I don't have any food allergies, but having spent years watching Sis deal with her issues, I truly feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with them.

The cookbook idea is a good one... not sure that would mention the oil thing though.

I take it the chef per zone thing at EPCOT is just for F&W, or is it an every day type thing??? I guess in a way it would make sense since EPCOT is the only place where she really got the full story about what she needed to watch out for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Ahhh the old "staying out at the parks late, but determined to get up for rope drop" conundrum. The plans we make for ourselves months in advance. It seems all well and good on paper, but when you get there and realize how tired you are going to be .... you don't know what a bad plan it is. I imagine with little ones it was easier to wake up in the morning though.
Well, I don't know about "easier to wake up" but one of them certainly doesn't give us an option most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
My family had a dairy farm in Iowa. I always joked that my kids got the cow milking gene when they would get up and be wide awake at 4 AM - haha
Well, apparently you understand what I mean in my above comment then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh my goodness! Those are some of the most adorable PP pictures ever and even the ones that aren't are adorable. I can't even begin to pick a favorite out of the Storybook Circus ones and I love the one of your DS in the teacups. Great character interaction and your kids were clearly eating it up.
Thanks! It was really a great experience for us. The characters really took some extra time with us and the CM that served as our guide was excellent. She might not have been in the pictures, but she was down on the floor playing with DD and trying to get her attention for pictures.

Quote:
Your DS sitting on your head to get a higher view bring back some memories for sure. Mostly of a very sore neck!
Well, thankfully, he is seriously small for his age. The kid really needs to put on weight, but he won't stop moving... even when he's asleep.

Quote:
What a fabulous update and I'm glad you still got to ride BTMRR in the dark, one of my favorite things ever!
Oh, there wasn't even a question as to whether I'd do BTMRR in the dark. It is one of my favorite rides and one way or another, this was going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I'm so glad that the rest of the party was fun for almost all of you. Those character pictures are completely priceless. I cannot wait to see that character M&G in person. I love the costumes.
The M&G area really is nice. It is very well themed and the costumes are great... still I feel a little bit of disappointment that you can't see the characters in their normal costumes in the MK.

Also, I'm not sure I'm crazy about the fact that it is 2 separate lines to meet them, so in most cases, you cant just go from one to the other and see all 4 at once like we did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Those pictures of you and DS are awesome. The things that a dad will do for his kids huh?
Hey, he was enjoying the parade, and that's what matters.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #229
amazingact21
Upendi

Those PP photos are great. Love that neither of your kids are scared of the characters and enjoy interacting with them.

I agree that Thunder Mtn is a must at nighttime. Personally, I think it's even better when it's dark out, and seeing the castle with all its holidays lights on is something you can't miss while you're there.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 01-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #230
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

After we fed her at dinner, we gave her a bottle and apparently she must have had an air bubble because some of it came back up. Right down the front of my shirt. Well, I guess we’ll be shopping for a new shirt too.
A badge of honor…
You can wear that one with pride (but then again, any excuse for “needing” a new Disney shirt of some type is always welcome).

Quote:

I didn’t see any shirts that I just had to have (except for that Perry shirt in stupid kid sizes) so we just went on.
Oh well, you gave it a shot at least.
We’ll go back to the “Badge of honor” scenario then.

Quote:

I pulled out my phone and tried to get a few pictures of Beast’s castle as we walked through Fantasyland… And the results were disappointing.
Phone-cams are like that…
But you still got to take pics in the new FL while
I was still back at home working.

That constitutes a nemesis win I do believe.
Curse you!

Quote:

Sis just wanted to leave. She was miserable…
Still sorry about that situation.
Dang shame.

Quote:

The rest of us were trying to decide what we wanted to do and we were strolling down the street when all of a sudden the lights came on, the music started, and the Country Bears escaped from their theater. Who wants to be the first in line to meet these guys?
Cool! That’s a fairly uncommon meet-n-greet.
You got some rare images there.

Quote:

I’ve got to admit, I was tempted to sing Blood on the Saddle right then and there… but then again, I don’t sing.
Me either. It’s just best for all concerned.

Quote:

But I guess Big Al doesn’t really sing either.
Good point

Quote:

I have to mention that after we met the Country Bears, a few cheerleaders and parents walked up and got in line. The CM asked to see their wrist bands, and of course they didn’t have any. They started to argue with him when he told them it was a hard ticket party and they had to leave the park. Of course I minded my own business, but this is what I was thinking…

Quote:

We had a plan, but DS had other ideas. He wanted to ride something, so we detoured over to the Teacups for a quick spin.

That right there…
That grin so big that his face can hardly contain it…
That… is why we do these things.
That… is Disney.

Quote:

The image of serenity.
Heartbreaker in the making

Start preparing now… that storm will be upon you before you know it.

Quote:

Another great smile
(and a dang fine poppa-son pic if I do say so myself).

Quote:

Wow! Between having spare batteries for the camera and Photopass pictures from this evening, I actually have some pictures for this update…
Funny how that works ain’t it?

Quote:

Just don’t get too used to it.
Understood

Quote:

I walked over to the character tent and poked my head inside. It was a ghost town. I realize you can see them anytime, but we were going to be able to see them right now with no wait. We headed in and met

Daisy:
Minnie:
Goofy:
And then Donald:
A Photo bonanza!
Great pictures and some really nice interaction between the kids and the characters. I particularly liked seeing that they were quick to get down on the young’ens level.
An excellent outing y’all are having this evening.

Quote:

And then got some great pictures with Minnie:

Great? Ya’ think?
Yah… we can go with that description.

Quote:

DW and I went into the Main Street bakery to grab some cinnamon rolls to have for breakfast in the morning.
Good thinking…

Quote:

After a Ferry ride back to the TTC and a quick drive back to CSR, we were quickly in bed and asleep.
Good night…

Quote:

The only question was whether we’d be able to wake up and make a Rope Drop in a few short hours…
Good question…
Old 01-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #231
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
The Hall of Presidents and Country Bear Jamboree were at the top of the list,
Now there's a sentence I'm not sure has ever been written before. Well done.

Quote:
After we fed her at dinner, we gave her a bottle and apparently she must have had an air bubble because some of it came back up. Right down the front of my shirt. Well, I guess we’ll be shopping for a new shirt too.
Oh, I don't know. At least 50% of the parents with babies/toddlers there have similar stains on their shirts.

Quote:
I pulled out my phone and tried to get a few pictures of Beast’s castle as we walked through Fantasyland… And the results were disappointing.
I'm pretty sure it's in there somewhere.

Quote:
I’ve got to admit, I was tempted to sing Blood on the Saddle right then and there…
NO!

Quote:
but then again, I don’t sing. But I guess Big Al doesn’t really sing either.
Good point.

Quote:
Of course I minded my own business, but this is what I was thinking…

Quote:
We had a plan, but DS had other ideas. He wanted to ride something, so we detoured over to the Teacups for a quick spin.
Where's Sis when you need her? Her stomach had already been riding the teacups all evening.

What? Too soon?

Quote:
DS went on my shoulders, but then he decided he wanted to be higher and tried to stand up. That didn’t seem too safe, so we ended up compromising.
Hey, whatever works. Cute pictures, and good job taking one for the team.

Quote:
He might have been nudged in this direction a bit by his Grandma, but he chose It’s a Small World. We headed over to the cruise through he… sorry. We headed over to the “happiest cruise that ever sailed.”
I knew I couldn't trust Grandma.

Quote:
DD really loved the characters and they loved her. So did one of the Photopass CM’s.
Looks like some great meets.

Quote:
DS was in the early stages of being a zombie,
How can you tell, exactly? Was he gnawing on somebody's arm?

[QUOTE=afwdwfan;47284177]I didn’t get to do EMH last night, which means I hadn’t had a chance to ride Thunder Mountain after dark. We all know that it is an entirely different ride at night, so this would have to be rectified before I could leave. We walked over and Mom, Sis2, DW and I all went for a ride on the wildest ride in the wilderness.[/QUOET]

Definitely a must-do.

Quote:
DW and I went into the Main Street bakery to grab some cinnamon rolls to have for breakfast in the morning.
I like the way you think.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #232
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

A very nice evening indeed. If you don't count the allergic reaction.

Quote:
I was carrying DD after we left LTT and headed over to stroller parking. After we fed her at dinner, we gave her a bottle and apparently she must have had an air bubble because some of it came back up. Right down the front of my shirt. Well, I guess well be shopping for a new shirt too.

We headed over and got our bands, and by the time we made it around to the gift shops, my shirt had dried and you really couldnt see it. It really didnt smell either, unless I picked it right up to my nose, and I didnt see any shirts that I just had to have (except for that Perry shirt in stupid kid sizes) so we just went on.
Oh yeah, I totally see it in your pictures. It's right there, ahh, on your shirt.

Quote:
Of course I minded my own business, but this is what I was thinking&

I can hear that in my mind now. Classic!

By the way, are there any other words to "Blood on the Saddle"? I only ever hear the chorus.

Quote:
Christpher: "I don't know what to make of it, Doc....it started out as a wart on my butt and just kept growing!"

Nice photopass pictures at Storybook Circus Andy!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #233
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Those PP photos are great. Love that neither of your kids are scared of the characters and enjoy interacting with them.
Thanks!! It was great that they were both into them. Last year, DS was kind of skittish around some of them. He'd love them one day, hate them the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I agree that Thunder Mtn is a must at nighttime. Personally, I think it's even better when it's dark out, and seeing the castle with all its holidays lights on is something you can't miss while you're there.
Absolutely. It really wasn't even an option. It had to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
A badge of honor…
You can wear that one with pride (but then again, any excuse for “needing” a new Disney shirt of some type is always welcome).
True... although not to be a spoiler, but I didn't buy a single one the entire trip. I never saw one that I had to have. Except for the Perry Christmas shirt that they only make for kids...

Quote:
Oh well, you gave it a shot at least.
We’ll go back to the “Badge of honor” scenario then.
Works for me.

Quote:
Phone-cams are like that…
But you still got to take pics in the new FL while
I was still back at home working.
Actually my old phone had a much, much better camera. But it was better than my new phone in a lot of ways.

Quote:
That constitutes a nemesis win I do believe.
Curse you!

Quote:
Still sorry about that situation.
Dang shame.
Yeah, it really disrupted the week for her.

Quote:
Cool! That’s a fairly uncommon meet-n-greet.
You got some rare images there.
Well, we could have had some more rare meet and greets for the MVMCP stuff... but that obviously didn't happen.

Quote:
Me either. It’s just best for all concerned.
DW is a singer... a very good one. She performs the national anthem at a lot of local events and does solos at church frequently as well as singing in weddings. She claims she wants to hear me sing... I assure her she doesn't.

Quote:
That right there…
That grin so big that his face can hardly contain it…
That… is why we do these things.
That… is Disney.
Well said!

Quote:
The image of serenity.
Heartbreaker in the making

Start preparing now… that storm will be upon you before you know it.

Quote:
Another great smile
(and a dang fine poppa-son pic if I do say so myself).
Thanks

Quote:
Funny how that works ain’t it?
Well, at Disney prices, we weren't just going to waste batteries for random things, but we knew we'd be getting some good photo ops that evening.

Quote:
A Photo bonanza!
Great pictures and some really nice interaction between the kids and the characters. I particularly liked seeing that they were quick to get down on the young’ens level.
An excellent outing y’all are having this evening.
It was great being there when it was so slow. We had tons of time to just hang out with the characters. There was one other little girl in there while we were. She was dancing with both Minnie and Daisy while we were over with the guys.

Quote:
Great? Ya’ think?
Yah… we can go with that description.
It seemed fitting...

Quote:
Good thinking…
Considering I'll probably never step foot inside that bakery again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Now there's a sentence I'm not sure has ever been written before. Well done.
Taken out of context, that does look rather ridiculous...

Quote:
Oh, I don't know. At least 50% of the parents with babies/toddlers there have similar stains on their shirts.
Yes, good point.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's in there somewhere.
It's that blurry thing by that other blurry thing. See it??

Quote:
Where's Sis when you need her? Her stomach had already been riding the teacups all evening.

What? Too soon?
and

Quote:
Hey, whatever works. Cute pictures, and good job taking one for the team.
I guess he was happy, so whatever works.

Quote:
I knew I couldn't trust Grandma.
Unlike our last trip though, we didn't ride it 50,000 times.

Quote:
Looks like some great meets.
They were some great interactions.

Quote:
How can you tell, exactly? Was he gnawing on somebody's arm?

Quote:
Definitely a must-do.
And your TR helped reinforce the importance of it. Poor Julie...

Quote:
I like the way you think.
I'm getting hungry just thinking about that thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
A very nice evening indeed. If you don't count the allergic reaction.
Well, it had minimal impact on my evening...

Quote:
Oh yeah, I totally see it in your pictures. It's right there, ahh, on your shirt.

Quote:
I can hear that in my mind now. Classic!
It was fitting. It felt great to see them get the boot.

Quote:
By the way, are there any other words to "Blood on the Saddle"? I only ever hear the chorus.
Hmmmm.... good question.

Quote:
Christpher: "I don't know what to make of it, Doc....it started out as a wart on my butt and just kept growing!"

Quote:
Nice photopass pictures at Storybook Circus Andy!
Thanks!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #234
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Love your updates!!

So sorry your sister was so sick and had to leave though.

Looks like y'all had a great time at the party and were getting so much done that night!!

It seems like your DS was having fun dancing with Woody. And I love that he sat on your head for the parade.

All of the pictures are great especially the ones with the characters.

I know I keep saying this but your kids really are precious!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #235
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Love your updates!!
Thanks!

Quote:
So sorry your sister was so sick and had to leave though.
Yeah, it definitely put a damper on the evening's events.

Quote:
Looks like y'all had a great time at the party and were getting so much done that night!!
It didn't feel like we did a lot since we actually didn't get to much of the party only stuff, but that's ok. We had a great time. And it was much better than our experience with MVMCP last year.

Quote:
It seems like your DS was having fun dancing with Woody. And I love that he sat on your head for the parade.
He definitely loves to dance. Although I'm not sure "dancing" is an accurate description of what it is most of the time.

Quote:
All of the pictures are great especially the ones with the characters.

I know I keep saying this but your kids really are precious!
Thank you, very much!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #236
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

I am not a very good stalker, I had no idea you updated, let alone twice, apparently I need to work on my skills...

I am so jealous you got to meet the bears! We might have to do the party sometime soon, we keep talking about it on and off. Though I have a feeling it will be a Halloween party before a Christmas one, we are planing my niece's first trip!

I love that you had no waits for the characters, and could take DD back, so we got double the cuteness!!

Poor Dsis, I can't imagine having to skip the party!
Old 01-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #237
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
I have to mention that after we met the Country Bears, a few cheerleaders and parents walked up and got in line. The CM asked to see their wrist bands, and of course they didn’t have any. They started to argue with him when he told them it was a hard ticket party and they had to leave the park. Of course I minded my own business, but this is what I was thinking…

Great pictures from the dance party! Both kiddos look like they are just having the best time. And that was really great that the Photopass photographer was able to catch some shots of them with Woody!

Quote:
DS went on my shoulders, but then he decided he wanted to be higher and tried to stand up. That didn’t seem too safe, so we ended up compromising.

That is soooooo something Paxton would do!!

The pictures with the Sideshow characters are ADORABLE!!!! Seriously, I wanted to just quote them all. The ones of DD with Minnie are so precious I could cry!

Loved these updates. I'm glad you had such a great night at the party!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 01-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #238
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

I know I responded to the first part of your post, but I swore I commented on all your PP pics and the dance party too. No idea where that post went. Maybe I just imagined it.

I will now give you the short, short version:
Do you? YES
Do you? YES
Good. You're married.

Love the pictures. Could your daughter be any more adorable? Your DS looks like her was having a blast on the rides and he looked like he was up to no good sitting on your head. I'd be careful doing that....
Old 01-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #239
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

We met the Country Bears too at MVMCP with no line also They're a little frightening, I must say.

Those are the BEST PP pictures! The dance party must have been so fun for them. We stepped in there for a few minutes and it was so cute seeing all the little kids dancing...and adults trying to dance with the characters too...like me

Loved the Nelson picture! That's exactly what runs through my head when I see someone getting scolded or told off.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 01-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #240
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
MVMCP

What a life! Sheesh! If only......

I guess her nap did the trick because she certainly was getting into the character pictures later in the evening! You got some amazing shots with both of the kids.

BTMMR is definitely a must-do in the dark. Love that ride!

Haha to the cheerleaders who got turned away!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Tags
bar, csr, mvmcp, pop warner

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: