Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #196
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Hey Andy.. looks like a nice hotel. Sorry you and the kids were treated so badly at dinner. How cool you got to see Mark Kelly! I can only imagine what he was going through.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #197
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a really nice trip to Nashville. I haven't been there in a number of years, but we made a point of walking through the Oprayland Hotel even though we weren't staying there, just to have a look. It's pretty cool.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #198
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sounds like it was a very interesting conference!

The hotel looks pretty but doesn't sound worth it for families. It's so true how people complain about how expensive Disney is but I always tell them to look at most vacation resorts. Most other places are as expensive as Disney. And like you said, you don't get the experience that you get at Disney. Not even half of it. Even beach trips can cost what a "value" or "budget" trip to Disney would cost.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #199
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Hey Andy.. looks like a nice hotel. Sorry you and the kids were treated so badly at dinner. How cool you got to see Mark Kelly! I can only imagine what he was going through.
It was really neat to hear him talk. When I saw him listed as the keynote speaker, I thought it looked interesting, but after the fact, I'd say hearing him was the highlight of the whole conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Sounds like a really nice trip to Nashville. I haven't been there in a number of years, but we made a point of walking through the Oprayland Hotel even though we weren't staying there, just to have a look. It's pretty cool.
I know. It's just one of those places that you just have to see. I figured I'd never spend the money to stay there myself, so I was kind of excited that we had the opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Sounds like it was a very interesting conference!

The hotel looks pretty but doesn't sound worth it for families. It's so true how people complain about how expensive Disney is but I always tell them to look at most vacation resorts. Most other places are as expensive as Disney. And like you said, you don't get the experience that you get at Disney. Not even half of it. Even beach trips can cost what a "value" or "budget" trip to Disney would cost.
I want to see some other places, but it is just hard to find good value for the money. I am kind of excited though... If I keep my position on our board, the meeting in 2015 is San Diego ( Disneyland maybe???) and then 2016 is Orlando.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #200
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

I Don’t Think She’s Gonna Make It

Tuesday, Dec 4

Today was the reason for the trip. It was my parents’ anniversary and Mom had 2 things she wanted to do. She wanted us all to have dinner together, and she wanted to go to MVMCP. We weren’t about to disappoint her, so we booked a 4:00 pm ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern. DW and the kids and I drove over to the TTC to head to the MK. We didn’t get out of CSR quite as early as we would have liked and it was about 3:15 when we got to the TTC. We were definitely speed walking only to find… the express monorail was down and the resort monorail line was flowing out past the end of the queue. The gate had just closed on the Ferry, so we would be waiting for the next one.

I was constantly checking the time and we got to the bag check at about 3:50. Mom texted and said that they were already in the park and headed back to LTT. We made our way through bag check and went to enter the park, but they had all turnstiles, except for 3, set up for MVMCP.

Hey we have MVMCP tickets!!!

Um... No we don’t… Mom has them.

So, we went to the logjam trying to get through the 3 regular turnstiles. Turns out there must have been some football games that had just ended, because I think the rest of the Pop Warner kids that weren’t in the pool at CSR were trying to get through the gate to enjoy the last 3 hours of the MK being open to the general public.

We finally got through and arrived LTT about 5 or 10 minutes late. Thankfully Mom and Dad had gotten there on time and checked us in, so we were promptly seated after we got there.

We sat down and I noticed Sis looked awful. We had noted on the ADR that she had a food allergy, and when the chef came out to speak with her, she told him that she didn’t think like she felt like eating anything. He offered to make her some chicken soup and said he could make her just about anything she might want, but she declined his offer. Our waiter brought out drinks and she didn’t hang around too long before she got up and left.

I wasn’t sure what was wrong, but Mom went with her to make sure she was ok. BiL told us that she started feeling kind of sick while they were at AK, and they actually left the park to go back to the room and rest for a while. He told us that she’s been acting like she’d eaten some gluten somewhere.

Not including Sis, we all enjoyed our meal. LTT is one of our family favorites. We love the home style food that they serve and I think we had them bring us more of just about everything. I could have used the kids’ stroller by the time we were done there, but I’d have crushed it.

Sis came back in and sat with us for a while as we ate, but she didn’t last long before she got up and left again. Mom went to check on her again. Even though her little girl was grown up, she was still her Mom. I think this scene repeated itself a few times throughout the course of dinner. Finally she just said she was going to go outside and sit down somewhere.

At about this time, our waiter brought out our dessert. He saw Sis get up again and said he was sorry that she wasn’t feeling well. BiL, managing to keep a straight face, just shook his head and looked at the waiter with a sad look on his face and said “I don’t think she’s gonna make it.”

The look on our waiter’s face was priceless. BiL quickly apologized and told him she’d be fine. Kind of a cruel joke, but I have to admit, I about fell off my chair laughing. After the waiter left, BiL grabbed a quick bite of dessert and headed outside to check on Sis before Mom decided she needed to get up again.

We didn’t get many pictures from dinner, but Mom got a few. She seemed to have a somewhat specific subject for the pictures she took…

Now, I know this is a short update, and light on pictures, but this is as good a time as any to elaborate on what happened with Sis. As I’ve mentioned, she has a gluten allergy. This was addressed at every meal we ate, but she got very, very sick and it was pretty obvious that it was her typical reaction to gluten. We obviously have no way of knowing for sure, how or where, but she seems to think the cross contamination was at Cosmic Rays the night before. She ended up being miserably sick and missing out on a whole park day over this, and really took a couple of days to get back to normal.

A couple of days later, she went to the American Pavillion at EPCOT. She wanted lunch, but this was really her first QS meal since she’d been sick, so she just wanted something simple. She told the manager there about her allergy and explained that she’d had a reaction to gluten that she’d picked up somewhere. The manager there explained to her that what she’d heard at other Quick Service places was only partially true. They do have fries that have gluten in them, but they also have gluten free fries. Those gluten free fries, which Sis had been eating all week, have their own dedicated fryer. That much, we already knew. What we didn’t know until this manager explained it was that Disney re-uses their cooking oil. And they don’t segregate it. So while they have a dedicated fryer for gluten free food the oil likely has remnants of wheat based breading or other food in it from whatever fryer it was used in yesterday. After she learned this news, Sis was done with fried foods at Disney World.

When we returned home, Mom sent some e-mails to Disney World. Someone called her back and pulled up the information from Sis’ KTTW card. They knew every restaurant that she’d eaten at and noticed that she had an unused day on her ticket. The CM confirmed that re-using the oil is the standard procedure that the Disney Quick Service places use, but noted that the managers are supposed to share this information with anyone who has an allergy. On our entire trip, the only manager that mentioned this during the allergy spiel was the one at the American Pavilion at EPCOT.

Mom never mentioned anything about our suspicions about Cosmic Ray’s, but the CM even went on to comment that she is surprised they didn’t do a better job of explaining it, because it supposedly has one of the best track records of all their restaurants when it comes to allergies. Mom told the CM they need to do a better job of training their managers or something. She made a point to the CM that she wasn’t as worried about someone like Sis who can recognize the signs and take care of herself, but she was more worried about something like this happening to a Make a Wish kid coming to Disney World with a food allergy. It could be a life or death situation for them, all because a manager doesn’t mention that one tiny detail.

Either way, the CM did give Sis and BiL each a 1 day pass to make up for the fact that she didn’t even use one of her days and he actually spent a pretty big chunk of the day with her back at the resort. They ended up with several unused QS and snack credits at the end of the week though, and wasted MVMCP passes.

Our feeling about the attention to allergies is that the Table Service places all do an excellent job. The same can be said for a Quick Service place where you have an actual chef that prepares the food speaking to you, like at The Pepper Market. Sis just doesn’t have any confidence in the other QS places anymore though. All they ever do when she says allergy is hold up the line and bring out a manager with a book. She doesn’t feel confident that the managers actually know what they’re talking about and has no confidence in that system. After that incident, she basically went back to just ordering things that she knows will be safe (like she has to do everywhere else). For the rest of the week, her diet consisted of mainly meats (that were allergy book approved) and carrot sticks. She wasn’t about to try any other “gluten free” products that they were offering.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #201
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
We were definitely speed walking only to find… the express monorail was down and the resort monorail line was flowing out past the end of the queue. The gate had just closed on the Ferry, so we would be waiting for the next one.
Time to swim for it!

Quote:

Quote:
We sat down and I noticed Sis looked awful.
Uh oh. Naturally, it's on the night that was the reason for the whole trip.

Quote:
He told us that she’s been acting like she’d eaten some gluten somewhere.
And suddenly it turns into the Crappiest Place On Earth.

Quote:
Not including Sis, we all enjoyed our meal. LTT is one of our family favorites. We love the home style food that they serve and I think we had them bring us more of just about everything. I could have used the kids’ stroller by the time we were done there, but I’d have crushed it.
Nice work. LTT is one of our favorites, too.

Quote:
At about this time, our waiter brought out our dessert. He saw Sis get up again and said he was sorry that she wasn’t feeling well. BiL, managing to keep a straight face, just shook his head and looked at the waiter with a sad look on his face and said “I don’t think she’s gonna make it.”

Quote:
All together now: AWWWWWW!

Quote:
We obviously have no way of knowing for sure, how or where, but she seems to think the cross contamination was at Cosmic Rays the night before. She ended up being miserably sick and missing out on a whole park day over this, and really took a couple of days to get back to normal.
That stinks. My mom also has a gluten allergy and has never had a problem there (she actually loves being treated like royalty by the chefs), but I can see where the oil thing would do the trick. Sorry she lost a day and felt so miserable.

Sounds like they at least tried to make it right afterwards.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #202
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We didn’t get many pictures from dinner, but Mom got a few. She seemed to have a somewhat specific subject for the pictures she took…

Can we all just be in agreement right now that she is absolutely adorable.

Now, I know this is a short update, and light on pictures, but this is as good a time as any to elaborate on what happened with Sis. As I’ve mentioned, she has a gluten allergy. This was addressed at every meal we ate, but she got very, very sick and it was pretty obvious that it was her typical reaction to gluten. We obviously have no way of knowing for sure, how or where, but she seems to think the cross contamination was at Cosmic Rays the night before. She ended up being miserably sick and missing out on a whole park day over this, and really took a couple of days to get back to normal.

A couple of days later, she went to the American Pavillion at EPCOT. She wanted lunch, but this was really her first QS meal since she’d been sick, so she just wanted something simple. She told the manager there about her allergy and explained that she’d had a reaction to gluten that she’d picked up somewhere. The manager there explained to her that what she’d heard at other Quick Service places was only partially true. They do have fries that have gluten in them, but they also have gluten free fries. Those gluten free fries, which Sis had been eating all week, have their own dedicated fryer. That much, we already knew. What we didn’t know until this manager explained it was that Disney re-uses their cooking oil. And they don’t segregate it. So while they have a dedicated fryer for gluten free food the oil likely has remnants of wheat based breading or other food in it from whatever fryer it was used in yesterday. After she learned this news, Sis was done with fried foods at Disney World.

When we returned home, Mom sent some e-mails to Disney World. Someone called her back and pulled up the information from Sis’ KTTW card. They knew every restaurant that she’d eaten at and noticed that she had an unused day on her ticket. The CM confirmed that re-using the oil is the standard procedure that the Disney Quick Service places use, but noted that the managers are supposed to share this information with anyone who has an allergy. On our entire trip, the only manager that mentioned this during the allergy spiel was the one at the American Pavilion at EPCOT.

Mom never mentioned anything about our suspicions about Cosmic Ray’s, but the CM even went on to comment that she is surprised they didn’t do a better job of explaining it, because it supposedly has one of the best track records of all their restaurants when it comes to allergies. Mom told the CM they need to do a better job of training their managers or something. She made a point to the CM that she wasn’t as worried about someone like Sis who can recognize the signs and take care of herself, but she was more worried about something like this happening to a Make a Wish kid coming to Disney World with a food allergy. It could be a life or death situation for them, all because a manager doesn’t mention that one tiny detail.

Either way, the CM did give Sis and BiL each a 1 day pass to make up for the fact that she didn’t even use one of her days and he actually spent a pretty big chunk of the day with her back at the resort. They ended up with several unused QS and snack credits at the end of the week though, and wasted MVMCP passes.

Our feeling about the attention to allergies is that the Table Service places all do an excellent job. The same can be said for a Quick Service place where you have an actual chef that prepares the food speaking to you, like at The Pepper Market. Sis just doesn’t have any confidence in the other QS places anymore though. All they ever do when she says allergy is hold up the line and bring out a manager with a book. She doesn’t feel confident that the managers actually know what they’re talking about and has no confidence in that system. After that incident, she basically went back to just ordering things that she knows will be safe (like she has to do everywhere else). For the rest of the week, her diet consisted of mainly meats (that were allergy book approved) and carrot sticks. She wasn’t about to try any other “gluten free” products that they were offering.

[/COLOR]
Well that just stinks all the way around. Your poor sister...the two things she wanted to do most and she didn't get to enjoy either one. I would have never thought that they would reuse the oil. That doesn't sound healthy to begin with. I'm glad they tried to make up for it in some small way.

We've never done LTT for dinner; we've done lunch and will be having lunch there again in August (I choose not to do dinner as I'm not a big "Thanksgiving dinner food" type of person.

RIP Genie
Old 01-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #203
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Your poor sister! How awful that one meal could disrupt the rest of her vacation. It has to be so hard to deal with real food allergies. I have never known anyone with any severe food allergies, so I can only imagine the frustration that comes along with vacationing and eating out. It is kind of sad too that a place as known for their dealings with food allergies like WDW is doing something so stupid as cross contaminating the oil. Why even have a dedicated fryer then??

Anyway, the pics of DD are absolutely precious! What a cutie!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 01-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #204
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Your poor sister! What a nightmare. If they cross contaminate like that I don't see how they can call it gluten free, I am surprised and disappointed with Disney. I know that when we were there for F&W, Pat (poolrat) had some major challenges getting any food information at many of the kiosks, some of whom didn't even have "the book".

I'm glad everyone else had a nice meal though and not having the tickets on you didn't keep you out of the park.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #205
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:

I haven't had a chance to update here and I know I'm behind
Life Happens…
I’m behind in responding to you updates.

Obviously

Quote:

I'm involved with our county Farm Bureau organization and serve as the county president.
You’re a good man
(Whoa… did I just say that?)

Quote:

it was an opportunity to stay in the Opryland Hotel at very little out of pocket cost, so we had to go for it. DW and I were going and we were taking the kids.
Hard to pass up on affordable adventures

Quote:

Thursday evening, DS came home with a fever of almost 102.
Poor fell’er
Were you headed farther south, that would’a bee in direct violation of a Man-Law.

Quote:

We had all had flu shots, but we were bracing for the worst at this point…

…if he had the flu, chances are the rest of us would end up getting it at some point and I really didn't want to be 4 or 5 hours from home and sick.
Just didn’t think that would be “Plusing” the experience I take it?

Quote:

When we woke up Saturday, he seemed fine and there was no fever, so we finished packing up and headed to Nashville.

Glad you dodged the flu so far. May that continue.

Quote:

We attended a breakfast on Sunday morning where Jack Hannah was the entertainment
Yah… I remember hearing a little something about that.

Quote:

He was telling stories about different things over the years like asking his wife to breast feed a baby chimp
Yep… that was the story I heard

Quote:

our keynote speaker on Monday was Captain Mark Kelly. He is actually an excellent speaker. He had a lot of interesting stories about flying combat missions in Iraq and then about the space program.
Would like to have heard some of those stories.

Quote:

When he started talking about his wife, Congress Woman Giffords, and what he and his daughters went through the day of the shooting, you could have heard a pin drop in this room with 6000+ people in it.
Hate I didn’t get to hear this story.
Strong family.
Terrible circumstances.

Quote:

Anyway, I did get a few pictures of the hotel while we were there. We had a standard room... I'm not sure if we got an upgrade, or if they really are all like this, but it was basically a 2 room suite.
Nice…
Imagine what that would cost at WDW.

Quote:

As you can see from the pile on the bed, apparently when you're traveling for 4 days, you need at least 10 pairs of shoes...
I’ve hade that explained to me before, but it still don’t make any sense.
I will say in my DW’s defense, that she has learned to cut waaaaay back on the amount of “stuff” that has to be packed when we’re traveling.

Way back.

Quote:

If you're not familiar with the layout of the Opryland, it is basically a huge resort that has 3 or 4 courtyards, but it is all enclosed under a glass dome.
Kind’a like staring in the Truman Show.
But you have a clue as to where you are.

Quote:

Now, I'm glad we had a chance to stay there, but I can say that it did give me an appreciation for the money we spend at Disney World. This place is just as expensive and doesn't give you near the experience that Disney does, and it really isn't kid friendly.
We’re all brainwashed already, it wont take much to convince us of the wisdome behind this argument.

Quote:

It was fine, but I wasn't too impressed that they were clearly placing all the families with children in this small little section that sits off to the side.
I’d expect that of Los Vegas, but Nashville?

Quote:

Let's just say that's typically not the best way to go about earning a good tip. No, I didn't stiff the guy, but I typically tip around 20% for good service and he definitely didn't get that.
20% is my standard…
They wouldn’t have gotten it that night.

Quote:

DS hated Rainforest, but he had just woke up from a nap right before we got there and I think it was all just a bit too much for him.
The foulest mood my son was capable of was a direct result of being woken from a nap. If he slept it off, all was golden. If for any reason time or scheduling forced us to wake him…

Things went bad quick.

Quote:

He really seemed to like the Aquarium though. He loved watching the sharks while we ate there.
Sounds like “Shark Week” may have to become a tradition in y’all’s house.

Quote:

We also had to make a little detour to the Disney Outlet at the mall.
Goes without sayin’.

Quote:

I don't know how you can come home from Disney World and already have to buy more Disney stuff a month later, but we did.
We all do Andy… we all do.

= = = = = = = =

Quote:
I Don’t Think She’s Gonna Make It
Ominious

Quote:

Today was the reason for the trip. It was my parents’ anniversary and Mom had 2 things she wanted to do. She wanted us all to have dinner together, and she wanted to go to MVMCP.
It’s just a simple request.

Quote:

We were definitely speed walking only to find… the express monorail was down and the resort monorail line was flowing out past the end of the queue. The gate had just closed on the Ferry, so we would be waiting for the next one.
Invited Murphy along for the ride, did ya’?

Quote:

…they had all turnstiles, except for 3, set up for MVMCP.

Strike Two!
Tough inning so far.

Quote:

We finally got through and arrived LTT about 5 or 10 minutes late. Thankfully Mom and Dad had gotten there on time and checked us in, so we were promptly seated after we got there.
That could have been much worse.
So… all is right with the world then?

Quote:

We sat down and I noticed Sis looked awful.
Ummmmm… no.
Y’all need to stop this stuff ya’ hear?

Quote:

…she’s been acting like she’d eaten some gluten somewhere.
Sorry to hear this.
Hopefully she’ll mend fairly quickly.

Quote:

Quote:

Imagine that.

Quote:

The manager there explained to her that what she’d heard at other Quick Service places was only partially true. They do have fries that have gluten in them, but they also have gluten free fries. Those gluten free fries, which Sis had been eating all week, have their own dedicated fryer. That much, we already knew. What we didn’t know until this manager explained it was that Disney re-uses their cooking oil. And they don’t segregate it. So while they have a dedicated fryer for gluten free food the oil likely has remnants of wheat based breading or other food in it from whatever fryer it was used in yesterday. After she learned this news, Sis was done with fried foods at Disney World.
And now we know. They need to change that police.
I’ll keep this in mind; it’s good information to know for when othere folks ask us Disney freaks their first-time traveler questions.

Your insights and lessons learned here were good to read. I’d like to think that Disney will take some of the conversations your mom had with them to heart.

Sorry that your sis had such a difficult time.
Even more sorry that she has to have a difficult time day in and day out.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #206
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Booooo for sis getting contaminated. My boss also has issues with gluten and it will stop her in her tracks for a few days if she is

I hope that she felt better soon!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #207
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

As usual I am catching up on multiple updates again. I don't have as much free time at work to get on like I used to!!

I loved reading about Universal, I haven't been in years and we constantly debate whether to go or not.

I'm sorry to hear about the noise at the resort, I always worry about that at values. DH can sleep soundly, but if I can hear things outside the room I have a hard time taking a nap or falling asleep. CSR looks beautiful, I've never seen it in person.

After reading about the allergy issue, I have to say, if you dedicate a specific fryer for specific fries, why the heck would you get lazy and reuse other oil. If you go that far to seperate and have fries for those with allergy why not take that extra step to keep it safe. I don't get that
Old 01-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #208
amandaw
DIS Veteran

OMG! Your poor sister! That's just awful. I can't believe they reuse the oil. I mean, how is that helpful to people with allergies? That's really scary! And like your mom said, especially for kids.

On a lighter note - your DD is such a cutie patootie!!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #210
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Time to swim for it!
The thought did cross my mind... But I don't think the stroller would float too well.

Quote:
Uh oh. Naturally, it's on the night that was the reason for the whole trip.
It couldn't happen any other way.

Quote:
And suddenly it turns into the Crappiest Place On Earth.
I'm trying to decide whether to use this one:

Or this one:

Quote:
Nice work. LTT is one of our favorites, too.
One of the more underrated places to eat, in my opinion.

Quote:
All together now: AWWWWWW!
I thought I'd try to go toe to toe with Barry on the cute baby pictures, but he hasn't really seemed to be stepping up to the plate and doing his part here lately...

Quote:
That stinks. My mom also has a gluten allergy and has never had a problem there (she actually loves being treated like royalty by the chefs), but I can see where the oil thing would do the trick. Sorry she lost a day and felt so miserable.
I know... It had never been a problem before, and Sis always loved going to WDW just for that very reason. She could always order things she might not be able to eat at other places. Now she has to think twice about it.

Quote:
Sounds like they at least tried to make it right afterwards.
It was certainly better than a coupon for free french fries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

Can we all just be in agreement right now that she is absolutely adorable.
I will agree with it, but I might be a little bit biased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Well that just stinks all the way around. Your poor sister...the two things she wanted to do most and she didn't get to enjoy either one. I would have never thought that they would reuse the oil. That doesn't sound healthy to begin with. I'm glad they tried to make up for it in some small way.

We've never done LTT for dinner; we've done lunch and will be having lunch there again in August (I choose not to do dinner as I'm not a big "Thanksgiving dinner food" type of person.
It was not fun for her at all. I can understand the oil thing... although they do call it "recycling." I have no idea what that means, but it must be a better PR type term. It just doesn't make any sense at all to have a dedicated fryer if that is how they handle the oil though.

I love LTT and the Thanksgiving type food. The dessert is pretty awesome too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Your poor sister! How awful that one meal could disrupt the rest of her vacation. It has to be so hard to deal with real food allergies. I have never known anyone with any severe food allergies, so I can only imagine the frustration that comes along with vacationing and eating out. It is kind of sad too that a place as known for their dealings with food allergies like WDW is doing something so stupid as cross contaminating the oil. Why even have a dedicated fryer then??
It has always been kind of a break for her from her allergy at Disney World, because they're typically so good about it. This experience has really changed the way she looks at the QS meals there now. I'm sure next time she goes, it will be more Table Service meals and snacks, less QS meals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Anyway, the pics of DD are absolutely precious! What a cutie!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Your poor sister! What a nightmare. If they cross contaminate like that I don't see how they can call it gluten free, I am surprised and disappointed with Disney. I know that when we were there for F&W, Pat (poolrat) had some major challenges getting any food information at many of the kiosks, some of whom didn't even have "the book".

I'm glad everyone else had a nice meal though and not having the tickets on you didn't keep you out of the park.
It really was shocking to find out that's how they do things. I just can't get over the fact that they have a dedicated fryer, but the oil is the same oil used for anything else. The thing that really shocked me though, was that Mom was told that the managers are supposed to explain this when they go over all the allergy information, and only one mentioned it the entire week. You definitely don't expect that kind of oversight there.

The meal was definitely very good, at least for those of us who ate.

Tags
bar, csr, mvmcp, pop warner

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: