Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #76
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

I was at the mall yesterday, and can I just say I cannot believe how disrespectful customers are to mall employees?!?!? I mean, some were just downright RUDE. Finally, after standing in line to check out (for 40 minutes at Nordstrom's) I finally got checked out. I just don't understand the need to be rude? What does that accomplish?
Old 12-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #77
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

Okay my rant this year is very rude shoppers. If I am looking at something on aisle 1 please do not come stand so close to me that you are almost touching me, I wont be too long. If you are where I want to look I go to the other aisle and wait.
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #78
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
Maybe you could ask Mr. Scrooge for some coal for the fire. Also, seriously, check out the usb heated mice for the computer.
What???? usb heated mice????? OMG you may have saved my hand from serious frostbite. LOL My left hand is usually OK because the heater warms it but the right hand is frozen all the time and I have a hard time typing and using the mouse if I wear gloves so.....lol I'll be looking to add this to my next supply order! I ordered coffee, 2 containers, and they took 1 off and only send 1.....LOL It's pretty much ridiculous.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #79
Lionqueen2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
Okay my rant this year is very rude shoppers. If I am looking at something on aisle 1 please do not come stand so close to me that you are almost touching me, I wont be too long. If you are where I want to look I go to the other aisle and wait.
Not so much a rant, but an observation. Yesterday, I was standing in a check out line with DH and this older woman (older than me anyway) joined the line behind me. The line was a little long and and new lane opened up with the new cashier asking for the next person in line to come forward. I was thinking that the next person to be served deserved to go, but the woman behind me pushed her way to the front. That seemed a little rude, but felt that she may be late and needed to leave. However, after she checked out, she started to leave the check out area without taking her goods with her.

The cashier called after her and told her she didn't want the woman to leave without her purchases and was then told by the woman that she would have discovered her missing package soon since she had to wait for her friend who was still shopping in the store. By the time I checked out, this woman was still standing by the door waiting for her friend.

If you're just going to end up waiting for a friend, why not do the polite thing and allow those who have waited the longest to be checked out first instead of pushing ahead? I don't get it.
Lionqueen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #80
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

Mine is less a rant and more a wish. I just wish my kids understood the mystique of Christmas. To them it'll just be another day. They don't even notice the tree we put up.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #81
Pigeon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtototoo View Post
Wow, so weird because yesteday I was looking for some that say "Happy Holidays' or "Season's Greetings" and all I could find were "Merry Christmas" cards!

FYI: Walgreen's in particular had tons and tons of "Merry Christmas" cards.
Yes, me too. It was hard to find generic happy holidays cards, but there were tons of Merry Christmas cards.
Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #82
leebee
DIS Veteran

My rant is that I am an ungrateful wife! That's not really true; it's just that I am the keeper of the budget in our house, and payer of bills- and we are always on the edge of being broke. I know exactly how much money we have to spend each year, and am careful to keep us on budget. DH understands this, and approves. Each year, I give him a list of things that DD and I want, and the limit on the budget. He does a really good job with his purchases/expenditures... until he loses his mind! He'll go out on the 24th, when all the shopping is done and gifts wrapped, to pick up a "few little things." Grrrrr.... last year it was $300 sapphire earrings for me and an IPod for DD. TOTALLY blew the budget. It makes it very, very stressful for me, to the point where I dread spending a single cent on Christmas, because I know that DH is going to make a couple of extravagant purchases at the very end. Heck,I don't wear (or have anyplace TO wear) fancy earrings, and DD didn't want an IPod. On Christmas morning, I have to pretend to be excited about such a wonderful present, when inside I am upset and nauseated, trying to figure out where the money will come from. I love that he thinks we are so special, but it just completely pushes me over the edge, and makes Christmas a not-so-happy day. (ANd yes, DH understands the budget and knows what we can/cannot afford to do, AND we've talked about it. He just loses his mind at Christmas!)
Old 12-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #83
Jaya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybirdsmommy View Post

The cat puked under the bed and on the tree skirt. There's also a funny smell in the living room that I can't find the source of.
Have you ever heard Twisted Christmas's "There's Something up the Chimney"? Try googling it and you might find out where the smell is coming from.....
Jaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #84
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

I love Christmas movies shows and movies but it is only the 12 and it is already on massive repeat and not only that but they are doing it during the day interpreting the day time line up
Old 12-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #85
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
hey! I've got two college degrees and a steady job. if I wanna watch mindless TV, so what?
DIS Official Rum Taster
I used to be in the all-natural camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
Mine is less a rant and more a wish. I just wish my kids understood the mystique of Christmas. To them it'll just be another day. They don't even notice the tree we put up.
I know some of your kids have special needs, like my Christian. I used to think he didn't care about Christmas too. He is very autistic and holidays are just not important to him (unless there is cake involved!) We joke that we save a lot of money on him at Christmas! But over the years I've changed my mind. I realize that he *does* show subtle signs of recognizing symbols of the Christmas season. At Thanksgiving, I witnessed him go over to the corner where we usually put up the tree. He stood there in the corner hugging himself and rubbing his arms--that's one of his signs of feeling happy; it's an extention of his "more" sign. So there he was, hugging and hugging. It finally dawned on me that he was trying to convey the thought that he wanted the Christmas tree to appear. Somehow I never made the connection until now. It was quite an epiphany for me and I ran quick and dug out the tree and the lights. He was in Hog Heaven!

I know I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but I feel like our kids learn in a lot of little and big ways. We never know what is going to be the *one* small thing that turns the key that unlocks a new thought, a new skill, of a new understanding. I try to remember that just because Christian can't tell me stuff, doesn't mean he doesn't feel, understand and remember stuff. Merry Christmas to all your little (and big!) ones
Old 12-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #86
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Ok, I am adding another rant! My brother is HORRIBLE about sending me pictures and ideas for his kids. Every year, I make a calendar for my mother and include pics of all the grands. Every year, it is pulling teeth to get any from him, and when he finally responds, he just emails me his snapfish account and I have to search through his pics to find some. And lists don't show up til right before Amazon free shipping is over.

The year I stopped waiting and came up with my own ideas, they were duplicate gifts and it was a big mess. They did buy new ones and give the ones we sent as bday gifts to their friends so it worked out but jeez, why add the extra work. Just let me know what they want!

He emailed me through FB over a week ago and I replied twice but he has not responded. I can see when he saw my msgs so why the heck isn't he emailing me back??? Where's the tear your hair out smilie?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #87
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

My rant is about others calling me to tell me what they bought for everyone else. Why do I care what you spent on every single person in the family? And why do you need to call me every other day to go over the entire list again because you got another "fantastic deal" you just can't wait to tell me about?

Then other family members call me and say they hope they get so-and-so this year ... which I know for a fact they aren't getting. So I just have to sit and say, "Mmmmhmmm I hope you get it, too."

They all know I'm trapped here, still laid up with this stupid ankle, so I'm their sounding board for every gift idea or wish they've had for the last month and a half. "Do you think she'll like this?" "I don't know." "Well, if I bought it, do you think she'll use it?" "I don't KNOW." "WELL, if I get it, you don't think she'll take it back and get a gift card, do you?" "I'M NOT A MIND READER! I DON'T FREAKIN' KNOW!"

/rant over

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #88
Southernmiss
I am hazed everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkydog View Post
I know some of your kids have special needs, like my Christian. I used to think he didn't care about Christmas too. He is very autistic and holidays are just not important to him (unless there is cake involved!) We joke that we save a lot of money on him at Christmas! But over the years I've changed my mind. I realize that he *does* show subtle signs of recognizing symbols of the Christmas season. At Thanksgiving, I witnessed him go over to the corner where we usually put up the tree. He stood there in the corner hugging himself and rubbing his arms--that's one of his signs of feeling happy; it's an extention of his "more" sign. So there he was, hugging and hugging. It finally dawned on me that he was trying to convey the thought that he wanted the Christmas tree to appear. Somehow I never made the connection until now. It was quite an epiphany for me and I ran quick and dug out the tree and the lights. He was in Hog Heaven!

I know I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but I feel like our kids learn in a lot of little and big ways. We never know what is going to be the *one* small thing that turns the key that unlocks a new thought, a new skill, of a new understanding. I try to remember that just because Christian can't tell me stuff, doesn't mean he doesn't feel, understand and remember stuff. Merry Christmas to all your little (and big!) ones
Yet, again you have brought tears to my eyes, Minkydog. Thanks for sharing your special Christian with us!
Southernmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #89
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
hey! I've got two college degrees and a steady job. if I wanna watch mindless TV, so what?
DIS Official Rum Taster
I used to be in the all-natural camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superme80 View Post
:We can't afford Christmas gifts! I don't want to ear what everyone else is doing for Christmas. I don't want to hear how DH's boss just got to go to Disneyland while we are struggling to pay bills and groceries! I am thankful that we have grandparents who love to buy our kids toys. I am just praying the toys the boys want are in stock right before Christmas.
I have been in your shoes. We had a "hard candy Christmas" when my kids were pretty young. There was just no money for anything extra. We managed to scrape up enough to buy each kid a pair of shoes and a cartoon character pillow case. Christmas morning at my house was pretty slim pickings and I have to admit, I shed a couple tears when I came downstairs and saw the limp stockings and those three little pairs of shoes. Thankfully, my mom and my sisters knew we were in dire straits and they sent some candy, warm coats & hats, and a few toys for each one. The kids never knew just how tight things were and they had a lovely time playing with the things their Granny and Aunties sent.

Hang in there. This will be the year to enjoy the free and inexpensive holiday happenings. It will be okay.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #90
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheyrenee View Post
When I got married, I made a deal with my husband. I take care of my family and he takes care of his. That goes for emails, invites, thank you cards, birthdays, holidays, phone calls, presents...everything. There is no personal secretary in this family. We each take care of business. This was the "other" doesn't look guilty of anything in the eyes of the "other persons" family.

Try it, it works.
If I left it up to my DH it would one extreme or the next. People would get absolutely nothing or he would totally blow the budget and be buying people the most expensive gift in the store...but but she is my mom, she deserves a $400 purse...that 's great dear we dont have $400 to spend

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
I feel so petty after reading some of these other rants, but the only thing that has really bothered me so far this Christmas season:

Trying to find Christmas cards that actually say "Merry Christmas" on the front! I dug through an entire lot the other day that all said "Happy Holidays" or "Season's Greetings" !!
Here is my rant...DS15 goes to a Catholic HS, he has a priest who has had the boys "adopt" as pen pals some of the nuns in a local nursing home. They wrote letters in Oct and now he is having them send Christmas cards...super sweet right?

Except this dingaling priest has certain criteria for the cards, and if they are not met the kids lose points on their next test! They can not make cards. They must be Christmas cards, they must be blank inside so they can write their own personal greeting (that is nice), and they must NOT say Merry Christmas... why you ask bc that according to Fr Thom is not the correct way to say the greeting it should be Happy Christmas! WTH??????

DS15 and I have gone to several stores, I looked all over the mall today and then we ran to one last store when we picked up pizza. We found cards that have a Nativity scene on the front, a small greeting so plenty of room to write a msg, and they say something about a Blessed Christmas. But DS is super worried bc they are not blank inside!!!!!!

I have no idea if he will give my DS a hard time about his cards...he is ecentric like that. To me this takes away from the nice deed of writing the cards for the nuns!!!!!!
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA

Last edited by Mkrop; 12-12-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: