Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #241
luvsJack
DIS Veteran

Thought I was going to get through without a rant but my mil has lost her mind!!! Welll its not that bad just a kink in planning.

She was planning to serve gumbo and chili foe Christmas Eve and have all us there as usual. Well one of her six sons complained about no big turkey dinner. So now she called and wants us all there Sunday for dinner-turkey and trimmings. Then go back on Monday for finger foods and gifts AND she is serving gumbo and chili for the family on Christmas day. We have church at 5pm Sunday plus trying to do things with our family in and around ds's work schedule. That extra trip makes it a little hard and Dh seems set on it.

As for the working rants. Ds will work till 6 on eve and has to be in at 10 the day of. And every year the store loses money by being open Christmas day.

10 pounds closer to Skinny Island!
luvsJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #242
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day

My rant is I'm sick! I left work early yesterday & am home today, caught the virus DD had last week. As much as I wanted an extra day off to prepare for the 12 people coming over on Sunday this is not what I had in mind!
AndreaDM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #243
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDM View Post
My rant is I'm sick! I left work early yesterday & am home today, caught the virus DD had last week. As much as I wanted an extra day off to prepare for the 12 people coming over on Sunday this is not what I had in mind!
I hope it goes away soon!

DH had that terrible flue bug for 4 days, and we've had a sinus infection in my 2 DDs over 2 weeks. First antibiotics didn't work on DD5.... so she's starting a new one. Threw up all day yesterday because of it.

Poor DD6 found out yesterday that she's allergic to Amoxicillin.... a nice rash/swollen/serum sickness will go great in our pictures over Christmas!

The little trooper still wants to see Santa tonight!
Old 12-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #244
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavy View Post
My rant? I'm getting tired of nonessential places being open on Christmas. Starbucks? Sonic? McD's? Really?!? I'd like those workers to have a day they can spend with their families. I don't even work retail, and I'm sick of it.
I'm not. I have bills to pay and the more my work is open, the more I can work. Not to mention that everyone on this planet doesn't believe or live the same life you do. Not everyone celebrates Christmas, and not everyone has jobs that allow us to shop the same hours as you. I love stores that are open 24 hrs and on holidays. Then I can shop when I have time, not make time to shop.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #245
Cavy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel522 View Post
I'm not. I have bills to pay and the more my work is open, the more I can work. Not to mention that everyone on this planet doesn't believe or live the same life you do. Not everyone celebrates Christmas, and not everyone has jobs that allow us to shop the same hours as you. I love stores that are open 24 hrs and on holidays. Then I can shop when I have time, not make time to shop.
That's cool, but since the thread was about anything that makes us upset, that's what I thought I'd add. If people like working that day or need it, good--I just know a lot of retail/service folks who would love to be off and aren't.

Another to add--all the emails I'm getting from my students saying I ruined their Christmas cause they failed the class (college teacher). No, you ruined it for yourself--literally the only way to fail the class I teach is to not show up and turn nothing in. I am not the Grinch here.

The dog and I are walking to Disney World!
Cavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #246
Patience
DIS Veteran

My 5 year old tested positive for the flu this morning. Poor baby feels awful and all of our Christmas plans will have to be changed because she's contagious for the next 7 days.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #247
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
My 5 year old tested positive for the flu this morning. Poor baby feels awful and all of our Christmas plans will have to be changed because she's contagious for the next 7 days.
Poor sugar, I hope she gets well quickly.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #248
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner

My holiday vent: I'm sick. I've been sick since last Friday. I'm really glad DH and I planned to spend a quiet Christmas at home this year, otherwise we'd be headed to VT tonight.

MapleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #249
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavy View Post
That's cool, but since the thread was about anything that makes us upset, that's what I thought I'd add. If people like working that day or need it, good--I just know a lot of retail/service folks who would love to be off and aren't.
I think you could say that for every day of the year

It's just something I've been hearing a lot lately and it's just starting to annoy me. Which is kinda stupid since it comes up every year. You'd think I'd be use to it my now

So here is a rant to add. My brother called and said he wanted to do Christmas on Sunday this year. He'll be doing Christmas with his in-laws on Christmas eve and having the actual day with just his wife and daughters. The thing annoying me is that he spent Thanksgiving (and Easter) with his in-laws and visited us a couple days later. The last couple of years he has spent Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter with the in-laws and saw us a few days off of the actual holiday. I'm getting tired of being treated like second class family. Her family comes first and then us.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #250
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavy
Another to add--all the emails I'm getting from my students saying I ruined their Christmas cause they failed the class (college teacher). No, you ruined it for yourself--literally the only way to fail the class I teach is to not show up and turn nothing in. I am not the Grinch here.
You sound like one of my best friends. She's been dealing with those "I don't deserve to fail" emails from no-show students all day.
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #251
richmond282
Trumpet players don't have egos, we're just better than you...

FWIW, we had a half day of school today. My DD8 was dismissed at 12:30. By 3:30 she was telling me how bored she was and she wished she had something to do. I thought of this thread and wished her teachers had sent home some assignments!
richmond282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #252
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I had to put in my rant for the day:

My husband comes home from work and said he and one other guy were talking about holiday stresses. My husband mentioned his Dad and wife are coming for Christmas. The other guy said That must be stressful.

My husband said "No it's all the cleaning we've been doing."

He told me that and I was like . We? What we? He spent half a day cleaning up the basement that no one will see and he never even finished.
I've spent all week scrubbing this blankety blank house. There is no "we" doing cleaning. I told him that and he changed the subject. No thanks, no the house looks great. Grrrrrr.

Connie

Doing a quick weekend trip to see the Osborne Lights in December - staying offsite this time.

WDW: 16 family trips, 9 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #253
diznee25
DIS Veteran

Wow, it seems everyone is dropping like flies! DH and I have had a stomach virus/flu for the past week. We're starting to feel better, and will be going out for our belated 9th Wedding Anniversary dinner tomorrow night! Had to skip it because we were so sick.

Hope everyone feels better by Christmas. I've been sick on a holiday before, and it's no fun!
diznee25
Old 12-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #254
lyncecelia
DIS Veteran

I FINALLY got around to stuffing/addressing/etc. Christmas cards because the semester is finally over. As I am prepping the cards, I noticed that their is a typo on them! It says "Merry Chrstmas!" I can't believe I didn't notice that when I looked over them before FH ordered them. I'm so mad at myself!!!

Me (25)DH (33) *DH's Kids*:DSS13DSD12DSD10 DSS7
Met on the DIS, and going strong
May 10th 2010-First date at Kona...October 2011-first trip together...April 21st-29th 2012-first trip with the kids...October 3rd-6th 2012-adults only trip...January 9th-13th 2014-planning session and birthday trip for DSS1...February 2014-Valentine's Day Getaway...May 16th-24th 2014-wedding trip (WP/LSS/Sago Cay), honeymoon, and birthday trip for DSS2...December 4th-7th 2014-birthday trip for DSD2...March 14th-16th 2015-birthday trip for DSD1

Hear me on: ...On a mission to become a healthier me! I have lost:
lyncecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:22 AM   #255
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

my DH thinks today is the day to paint our powder room...now the rest of the house needs cleaning, like the actual room and bathroom his parents will use. Gifts need to be wrapped. He still needs to shop, and he usually gets the grocery stuff. But no the powder room that his parents have seen a gazillion times, need to be painted TODAY! And there is no arguing with him once has his mind set!
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Mkrop is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread