Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #151
TheIncredibles!
Winner (?) of the Crazy MIL Award!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan View Post
I'm so sorry for the poster whose husband has cancer. My rant seems so minor now.

I'm annoyed with my inlaws for inviting themselves for Christmas and my husband for saying yes without telling me. And he didn't ask when they would arrive and how long they are staying.

He thinks it's no big deal but this is our busiest time of year for the part time internet business, the house hasn't been cleaned decently in a month (or dusted for the past 4), the kids rooms are disasters.

He spent yesterday cleaning the basement which they are never going to see instead of helping clean upstairs.
And instead of using the shop vacuum in the basement, he took my good vacuum which I needed and clogged it up. I told him never to use my good vacuum in the basement again or I was going to be furious. He didn't care - he laughed.

So now I've got to do a complete house cleaning plus all the normal stuff, buy extra gifts for them because my husband doesn't want them to feel left out during the gift opening, and try to keep up with packing and shipping orders.

Plus I am still trying to christmas shop, write christmas cards and wrap the gifts. Some need to get sent to my nieces and nephews still so I need to get to those today.

Sorry for the long vent. Yesterday was a long day.
OMG!!! My husband does this! When we have company coming and we need to clean he starts down there then will move to clean the garage before he actually helps in the house.
TheIncredibles! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #152
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
You know what? I'd tell your DH since *he* is the one that invited them and doesn't want them to be "left out" of gift giving, he can be the one to do the shopping for them.

If he can't be bothered, neither can you.
I love this. He told me he was taking the kids out tonight to get my Christmas present so I told him he needed to get the extra gifts for his Dad and Step MIL because I won't be able to do it.

And tonights rant:
He told me he needs me to make 3 dozen cookies for his work potluck tomorrow.
I took a deep breath and told him he'll want to pick those up at Publix that he'll pass on his way home from shopping with the kids. I need more notice than one night.

Wonder if my gift will be coal now?

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #153
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan View Post
I love this. He told me he was taking the kids out tonight to get my Christmas present so I told him he needed to get the extra gifts for his Dad and Step MIL because I won't be able to do it.

And tonights rant:
I took a deep breath and told him he'll want to pick those up at Publix that he'll pass on his way home from shopping with the kids. I need more notice than one night.

2 for the double whammy
Old 12-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #154
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan

And tonights rant:

Good for you!
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #155
ilovepcot
Caused the first ever Tag Fairy thread edit for being naughty
Should be publicly Dole Whipped
Makes a scrumptious pot roast
Don't stick it out if you don't want to lose it

Everything was going beautifully in this house...until DD phoned. She wanted me to move Christmas dinner (7p.m. Christmas evening) to Christmas Eve instead. I explained other people had already been invited and had confirmed they were already coming then but I'd see what I could do.

Okay...got everyone changed and confirmed for Christmas *Eve*. Three days later, she phoned again...this time whining about needing me to change our dinner BACK to the original day. I explained, through gritted teeth, that I'd already phoned and changed the date *as SHE had begged me to do* with all the others and wasn't going to phone them a third time! Now she's crying and now I'm angry. DH calmly took the phone from me and told her if she couldn't be here on Christmas Eve (as she'd requested), that we'd certainly miss her but would understand. He calmly clicked off the phone, smiled and said to me, "Now, that wasn't so hard. What were you getting so upset about?" That's the only thing he's done toward preparations for Christmas!
ilovepcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #156
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

well, i've done everything pretty much on my own this holiday season, due to DH's physical restrictions and work schedule, but i would never complain to him, because he HATES his new job with a great, big, purple passion, and i don't want to put anything else on him.

i've put up the tree and decorated it (with a little help from DD15) done all the shopping, coordinated when we're going where, got everything wrapped, and got the paperwork done for DD's band trip. on top of my work schedule, it's been a doozy of a month, but there's only a week to go! then MAYBE i can rest for a day or two before we leave for the sugar bowl to watch DD15 perform in the halftime show!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #157
SaraJayne

This upcoming major snow storm has really messed with my plans for this week. UGH

I sure hope when we (and millions of others) need to hit the road on Friday most of the roads will be clear.

Though the possibility of having the kids home Thursday for a snow day isn't helping my plans any, either.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #158
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
This upcoming major snow storm has really messed with my plans for this week. UGH

I sure hope when we (and millions of others) need to hit the road on Friday most of the roads will be clear.

Though the possibility of having the kids home Thursday for a snow day isn't helping my plans any, either.
I'm annoyed we won't have snow. Real or man made.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #159
SaraJayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
I'm annoyed we won't have snow. Real or man made.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #160
EMHDad
DIS Veteran

Christmas rants huh?

I'll take you up on that. lol

Just really bothered today by how secular the holiday seems to be getting sometimes. It bothers me when people celebrate all the festivities of Christmas, but do not believe in Christ, or couldn't care less about him. It bothers me when Christians seem to not focus on Christ either, but celebrate the rituals of Christmas.

Not something to confront a person on, but since this was open for rants, I thought I would share a mini, personal rant. lol

Take care all

Check it out. Leave A Comment. Hope it helps you to have a Magical Day!

*7/2009 - Offsite 7 Day Disney Vacation: First Family Disney Vacation (DS3yo, DW 8 months pregnant)
*9/2010 - Offsite 3 Day Disney Vacation (DS4yo, DS1yo)
*10/2011 - MNSSHP: One night of Disney (DS5yo, DS2yo)
*6/2012 - Offsite 8 Day Disney Vacation (DS5yo, DS2yo)

EMHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #161
anna_chronistic
Mouseketeer

This is weird, but reading all these rants made me realize that it's the holiday season and I need to snap out of my lethargy and force myself to feel that it's Christmas time, or it'll pass me by like it did last year.

I guess it doesn't feel like Christmas to me until I notice everyone getting stressed out about the season, so thank you!
anna_chronistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #162
superme80
DIS Veteran

A little update. First off thank you for your good wishes and stories from when your kids were younger. It reminded me that this is hopefully just a season of life. We received 2 gifts. First MIL is cancer free!!!!! So that helped me really put things into presepctive. Then she either gave us an advance on our Christmas present or DH's inheritance. We were able to pay a bill, buy food for the week, and order gifts for the kids. Well at least one present. The second present is courtesy of Capital One.
Merry Christmas and I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday!
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 1 year old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #163
SaraJayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by superme80 View Post
A little update. First off thank you for your good wishes and stories from when your kids were younger. It reminded me that this is hopefully just a season of life. We received 2 gifts. First MIL is cancer free!!!!! So that helped me really put things into presepctive. Then she either gave us an advance on our Christmas present or DH's inheritance. We were able to pay a bill, buy food for the week, and order gifts for the kids. Well at least one present. The second present is courtesy of Capital One.
Merry Christmas and I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday!
That's wonderful to hear. Both about your MIL AND the unexpected money!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #164
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

I'm sick of all the "exchanges". It used to just be pick a name and exchange a gift. Now there's the recipe exchange, cookie exchange and ornament exchange in addition to the gift exchange. I love Christmas but all these exchanges as annoying.
I don't want to make recipes cards for everyone. Besides I'm probably just bringing frozen appetizers I bought at BJs. I guess I can print out the heating instructions and directions to BJs.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #165
Jaime4004
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIncredibles! View Post
My rant is about people that feel the need to tell others all about the "reason for the season". The reason for the season is different for everybody and there's nothing wrong with that. You celebrate your way and let others celebrate their way and let it be.

Christmas for all in my life is about the kids and the excitement of Santa, being with people you love, having a great time together, exchanging gifts showing you care with some great gags in there too, having a great meal and just overall having a great family day. That's what it is for us so that is how we celebrate. Everybody else should celebrate in a way that is meaningful to them and stop worrying about others.
Beautifully written! Another atheist family here. Yes, we celebrate Christmas. And Hanukkah! It's more about family traditions for us. I come from a Catholic family and DH's is Jewish. For us it's about celebrating with family, and as the PP said, the excitement of Santa for the kids. If I didn't have the kids, I might not bother with the tree and lights, or the menorah. DH and I would probably go on a cruise. While they are young, I love enjoying the holidays through their eyes.
As DS apparently learned in preschool, since he states it often, "worry about yourselves."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: