Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 06:04 AM   #1
Pooh's Bear
Earning My Ears

Pregnancy Pass at DLP

Hi to any pregnant ladies on their way to DLP!

I found a thread on here that mentioned a pass for any expectant mothers : http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2991982, it was so useful that we decided to give it a try.

My husband and I were at DLP 12-16th November and when we arrived at the park we went into City Hall on Main Street USA (through the main gates and turn left, 1st building). I asked about the pass and was given one for that day, along with a booklet outlining which rides were safe for expectant mothers and where in both parks the reserved parade spots were. It worked great! For some rides you enter through the exit (which some people aren't happy about!) but then you get straight on a ride without needing to queue. When your back hurts and your ankles are swollen, this is a definite bonus!

For the parades, there is a roped off area for disabled guests (wheelchair users, etc), and this is also where expectant mothers go. Each area we went in had seating, so my hubby just had to haul me up when the parade started Some people did tend to stare as I had no apparent disability, other people tried to get into the roped off section too but no luck without the pass!

On the second day, a guy issued me with another pass for the remainder of the stay so I didn't need to go and get one every day. He asked to see something official to prove I was pregnant (other than my big bump...!) and I gave him my maternity exemption card which was just fine. They are very good and eager to help.

I found the little perks invaluable. It was very cold and I got tired very quickly, so not having to stand for ages was a big bonus. We booked and paid in full for this trip before we knew I was expecting, so we managed to salvage the holiday and I would usually go from 7am until around 2pm before needing to go back to The Sequoia Lodge for a rest. During this time, the hubby went off and did the big rides so it worked out great. I would say without the pass I would have been tired much sooner, so can definitely recommend it!

Disneyland Paris 1994, DisneyWorld Resort 2002, 2004 & 2006, Hollywood Studios & DisneyWorld Christmas 2009, Disneyland California March 2010, Disneyland Paris March 2011, Disneyland & California Adventure October 2011, Disneyland Paris November 2012
To come : Disneyworld Resort November 2014
http://magicalkingdomofwalt.wordpress.com/
Pooh's Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Thanks for the info.

I doubt we'll be going in the next 4 months now (lots to spend money on ) but I do keep wondering if a trip would be worth doing if a great deal came up.

Even now already my hips are a little sore and I get tired easily, and can imagine a trip wouldn't be as easy as it has been in the past. So I'm glad you got the pass and it improved your stay.

I keep having dreams that I'm at DLRP or WDW and being in line for ToT or one of the mountains, and then boarding and having a huge panic like "NO! I'm not allowed to ride - let me off!"

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip

Last edited by torsie24; 12-14-2012 at 12:30 PM.
torsie24 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: