Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #1456
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Hello Mickeystoontown ! Do you know what month they will do the refurb ? I have been meaning to ask you how the crowds were your last trip ? That is the week we may go but we have also been thinking of the 3rd week in August. We just cant decided when to go !
Here is what Lisa posted a few days ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

Okay, so I just got off the phone with my contact at Caribbean Beach. She confirmed, again, that the resort rooms will be undergoing a complete refurb. Also got confirmation that THERE WILL BE QUEEN BEDS in the new rooms!

As far as the start date, they are still unsure but she is thinking somewhere around beginning of April, possibly earlier. Nothing confirmed though. She did reassure me that they would do their best to keep things nice and quiet so as not to disturb other guests. They will begin with one village and one building, complete it, move on to the next, etc. until it is all done.

Our travel dates are May 24th to June 7th and there is a possibility that we could have one of the new rooms according to the castmember. Woo hoo!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 08-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #1457
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Hello Mickeystoontown ! Do you know what month they will do the refurb ? I have been meaning to ask you how the crowds were your last trip ? That is the week we may go but we have also been thinking of the 3rd week in August. We just cant decided when to go !
I was told that they expect it to start at the beginning of April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. M. Mouse View Post
I read it starts in April next year ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Thanks for copying my post Steph. I don't get instant notifications anymore from the Dis and have to rely on checking my subscribed threads to see when someone has posted.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #1458
summersun47
Mouseketeer

hope its done for when we are there in nov 2014
Old 08-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #1459
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. M. Mouse View Post
I read it starts in April next year ;-)
Thanks

Old 08-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #1460
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Thanks

Old 08-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #1461
Sophie's Mommy
Disney Super Fan :)

Room requests and check in

Hey Everyone
Thanks for all the great info! So we leave for Caribbean Beach in less than a month now. I've made our room requests - 3 building choices with adjoining (not connecting) rooms with my in laws since they'll be traveling with us and helping us with our toddler. We also want to get 1st floor because we'll have our stroller and would also like to make sure we get a refrigerator for our DD's foods. I talked to a CM who suggested we make the building and adjoining room requests in advance and ask for 1st floor and refrigerator when we check in. So I have 2 questions 1) with the scenario above, we should not do online check in, right? and 2) do you agree with the CM suggestions of what to request in our reservation and what to wait until we get there?
TIA!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #1462
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie's Mommy View Post
Hey Everyone
Thanks for all the great info! So we leave for Caribbean Beach in less than a month now. I've made our room requests - 3 building choices with adjoining (not connecting) rooms with my in laws since they'll be traveling with us and helping us with our toddler. We also want to get 1st floor because we'll have our stroller and would also like to make sure we get a refrigerator for our DD's foods. I talked to a CM who suggested we make the building and adjoining room requests in advance and ask for 1st floor and refrigerator when we check in. So I have 2 questions 1) with the scenario above, we should not do online check in, right? and 2) do you agree with the CM suggestions of what to request in our reservation and what to wait until we get there?
TIA!
It is best to have ALL your room requests added to your reservation prior to your arrival and in the order of importance. All rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior to your arrival. So it's best to have all your requests listed before you arrive. If when you arrive your room doesn't fit all your needs, you can ask if there is anything available that does. Please remember that even though they will do everything they can to grant your requests, they are just requests.

Whether you do online check-in or not has zero affect on getting your requests granted. Just skip the request section during online check-in since your requests will already be added to your reservation.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:28 AM   #1463
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

Online Check In

So, what is the benefit of online check in? I've already made a building request. Not too concerned about the fridge issue. Would be nice to have but I'm not going to ask for one - rather leave it for someone who really needs it for medication.

We don't arrive at CBR until around 7:30 pm at night. So, we are not heading to the parks as we'll have been up since 4am our time.

I have paper ticket vouchers which I have to upgrade and get added to our KTTW cards once we arrive.
: 1992, 2007, 2013
DCL: AUG07 4day: Wonder, AUG08 15day EB REPO, 04JUL09 EASTERN, 23OCT10 EASTERN, 23AUG11 ALASKA, 25AUG12 NY/BAHAMAS, 24AUG13 FANTASY EASTERN 20SEP14 SOUTHERN
Old 08-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #1464
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeecanada View Post
So, what is the benefit of online check in? I've already made a building request.

We don't arrive at CBR until around 7:30 pm at night. So, we are not heading to the parks as we'll have been up since 4am our time.

I have paper ticket vouchers which I have to upgrade and get added to our KTTW cards once we arrive.
I really wish they would change the name of the process to "Online Pre-Registration" as that is all you are doing.

Right now the only benefit is that it usually takes less time at the check-in counter. Your packet and KTTWs are already printed and ready. You show your ID, they hand you your packet and you're off.

Once they roll out FastPass Plus you can make your FP+ reservations 60 days out only if you have done online check-in.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #1465
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I really wish they would change the name of the process to "Online Pre-Registration" as that is all you are doing.

Right now the only benefit is that it usually takes less time at the check-in counter. Your packet and KTTWs are already printed and ready. You show your ID, they hand you your packet and you're off.

Once they roll out FastPass Plus you can make your FP+ reservations 60 days out only if you have done online check-in.
Thanks, we'll just wait then, as our KTTW cards need to have the tickets added to them once we arrive. Never taken us too long to check in before, as we arrive in the evening.
: 1992, 2007, 2013
DCL: AUG07 4day: Wonder, AUG08 15day EB REPO, 04JUL09 EASTERN, 23OCT10 EASTERN, 23AUG11 ALASKA, 25AUG12 NY/BAHAMAS, 24AUG13 FANTASY EASTERN 20SEP14 SOUTHERN
Old 08-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #1466
mrsS.Gerrard
Earning My Ears

online check in?

Is on line check in for everyone or just those who have booked through WDW? Thanks in advance

June 11th 2005 Sheraton Safari

May 2010 Pop Century

July 2014 Caribbean Beach Resort

October 2015 Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 08-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #1467
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsS.Gerrard
Is on line check in for everyone or just those who have booked through WDW? Thanks in advance
It's for everyone. You just need your Disney confirmation number.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #1468
summersun47
Mouseketeer

can we do check in even if in the UK
Old 08-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #1469
totebagg
Mouseketeer

First of all, I am new to the boards and have learned a lot, so thanks to all for the valuable info. This will be my first trip back to Disney since '90 and my first trip with my family. There are 5 of us and we originally booked a room at POR in a AB room. Due to FD, we have switched to CBR (2 rooms) and are very excited!
I do have a couple of questions regarding requests. After reading this thread we will probably request either Jamaica or Aruba with either connecting or adjoining rooms. So I've read that room assignments are made 2-3 days prior so how do I request? Thanks for any help.

2013 - CBR Pirate Room, 2014 - POR, 2015 - CBR
Old 08-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #1470
kimmy85
PROUD US ARMY MOM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by totebagg View Post
I do have a couple of questions regarding requests. After reading this thread we will probably request either Jamaica or Aruba with either connecting or adjoining rooms. So I've read that room assignments are made 2-3 days prior so how do I request? Thanks for any help.
Hello!

I am also fairly new to these boards but I can at least let you know how I did it. I made my CBR room requests when I did online check-in. This process becomes available to you once your arrival day is less than 60 days away. You are only allowed two requests online (for example, I requested Aruba/second floor).

I've read that you can also have your travel agent make a note of your requests on your reservation (probably in order of importance) or you can call Disney yourself with the requests.

Just remember, these are only requests and not guaranteed.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: