Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #1426
davebon23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictam2 View Post
I'm so envious of all you short timers. I still have 3 months plus to get through and some days I don't think time moves at all. I know y'al will have a great time. I look forward to reading all about your adventures. I hope to see great pics too
For me, I'm excited it's only a month away. But also not ready. For me time is going too fast cause we are getting ready to send my DS away to college!!! I miss him already. Not ready for that to happen!! He goes in less than 2 weeks!

Then 2 weeks later we go to Disney. But I'm just not ready to pack and get all my stuff ready for this Disney trip. We have to pack my son( and us) up to go to school. Then unpack. Then pack again for Disney. Going to be very busy and very crazy. But we are excited and thrilled for my son and My DD and I are excited about going back to Disney.

Waaaay too much going on in a short period of time!! But it's all worth it!!
Thanks for listening!!!
Couple times as a kid around 1974 when we lived in FL. All Star Sports 5/98, All Star Movies 11/00, All Star Movies 9/01, Coronado Springs 8/03(BIL's wedding at Disney), Port Orleans French Quarter 2/07, French Quarter 8/11, UPCOMING CBR 9/2013
Me DH DS(18)(OFF TO COLLEGE) DD(16)
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
Old 08-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #1427
TennesseeGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post

To get more coffee you can(they leave 2 per day)
1. Call housekeeping and request more.

2. Leave a note for maid and request extra.

3. What I usually do, just ask first maid I see in hall/walkway with cart "can I have more coffee please?"

FYI for decent coffee do NOT use florida tap water. Put bottled water in!

Also pictures of coffee makers usually on first page of thread for each hotel if want to see it.
Good advice!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #1428
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

We will be staying at CBR for the first time in November with the current FD promotion. The only room availability for our dates was the Pirate rooms. It's just DD and myself and she really likes the look of the rooms and the Caribbean theme.

I love that each village has it's own quiet pool and sandy beach and the zero entry at the main pool. My only concern is the distance of Trinidad South to the main building. I would love to hear advice from anyone that has stayed in Trinidad South. Thanks

Old 08-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #1429
turtlebean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebon23 View Post
We will be there in a month also. Can't wait. Our first time at CBR!! I am also curious about the fridges, anyone who goes and can let us know we will be very, very grateful!!
We were there about 2 weeks ago. We were in Martinque building 25 and there was no fridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kidsForMe View Post
Could anyone tell me where the nightly movies are shown at CBR? Is it near the main pool? Also, is there a pin trading board in the gift shop? Thanks so much

As pp have said, the movies are right by the main pool. There is a pin board at the gift shop behind the concierage desk. You just have to ask them to see it. My boys just started pin trading this time and loved it. We lucked out and got some really cool pins.

Old 08-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #1430
scrappymel
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what time the nightly marshmallow roast is?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
*10/6-14/12 - AoA
*10/5-13/13 - CBR

Old 08-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #1431
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappymel
Does anyone know what time the nightly marshmallow roast is?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
It depends on the time of year and when it gets dark. The movie starts once it's dark and the marshmallow roast starts 90 minutes before the movie. In October, I'm pretty sure the movie started at 8 and the marshmallow roast at 6:30.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #1432
cate2
Earning My Ears

Toast

Does anybody know if you can buy plain toast in the food court? In the morning I just like tea and toast but I don't see it listed.

Thanks in advance,
Cate
Old 08-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #1433
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cate2 View Post
Does anybody know if you can buy plain toast in the food court? In the morning I just like tea and toast but I don't see it listed.

Thanks in advance,
Cate
In the grab n go section, they sell slices of bread in the bakery counter. There are several toasters in the food court for guest use.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #1434
disnia
Counting the days!

Just back 8/11/13

No fridge but the spot made for a handy dirty laundry area! I'm in the middle of the road as far as loving/hating this resort. I'm working up a trip report, but just back today and too tired!

We were in Trinidad North building 31, closest we could get to Old Port Royal and the main pool - which was usually crowded. My husband actually fished a struggling kid out of the water because she was going down saying "I can't swim" and when he asked where her parents were she said "Not here". Lovely! Disney is always a good boost for your parenting skills self esteem! Except for renting a surrey bike (hot!) and a morning run, we didn't see much of the rest of the resort, so my trip report won't be much more than to tell you all that the bus service for AK is SLOW! There were two days that I poked my head into the bus (we waited at OPR stop) and let them know that the 30 people waiting were waiting for AK (or HS one day) and asked if they could see if an extra bus was around. A bus came within 5 min. when I did that. I know there is a route, but when its 7:15 am and the only bus that you don't see is for the park that IS ACTUALLY OPEN, you get a little annoyed.

We had a 5:25 Magical Express Pick Up today but they never mentioned to us that the intermodal bus doesn't run until 6:30. Luckily I'm impatient and called the Custom House from the OPR stop or we would have missed the ME.

Anyway I'll have a full trip report later in the week! Just wanted to get tips up for anyone visiting this week asap! Enjoy!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #1435
disnia
Counting the days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
It depends on the time of year and when it gets dark. The movie starts once it's dark and the marshmallow roast starts 90 minutes before the movie. In October, I'm pretty sure the movie started at 8 and the marshmallow roast at 6:30.
It was 6:30 to 7:30 this week (8/11/13). Its to the left of the OPR if you are looking at it from the water. We never saw the fire, we were always at dinner or in a park at that time. We were there at 8 one night thinking maybe they'd still be going, but nothing!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #1436
disnia
Counting the days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
In the grab n go section, they sell slices of bread in the bakery counter. There are several toasters in the food court for guest use.
Saw the bread and wondered about it, since I never saw the toasters. I didn't look too hard though! I did notice on the last day that there are extra plates and covers for the cups that are in the room available for the taking.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #1437
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnia View Post
Saw the bread and wondered about it, since I never saw the toasters. I didn't look too hard though! I did notice on the last day that there are extra plates and covers for the cups that are in the room available for the taking.
They are over by the microwaves, condiments, coffee, etc.

I know you're home from your trip, but this is for the benefit of those yet to go.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #1438
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnia View Post
Anyway I'll have a full trip report later in the week! Just wanted to get tips up for anyone visiting this week asap! Enjoy!
Welcome home. I'm so looking forward to your report. Thanks for taking that time to do one.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #1439
pixie teri
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know I'd the refrigerators are fixed in CB yet?
Old 08-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #1440
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie teri
Does anyone know I'd the refrigerators are fixed in CB yet?
Reports are they are still in the process. Some have fridges and some don't.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: