Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #1216
mmbl
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at CBR several times and we have never had a problem with buses or anything else. We typically walk over to the food court for coffee and a quick breakfast and try to catch one of the first buses , near that building, to the parks. It is a big, spread out resort but it is pretty and we always look at Disney as our 'exercise' and figure we are just burning more calories with the walk. We never request preferred rooms as I would rather spend the money on souvenirs or special events or upscale dining.
I called today to get the newly posted pass holder rates and $205. was knocked off our room rate and we'll be there for the F&W festival! That's $205. more to spend on Party for the Senses or other events! The preferred room would have knocked about $100. off. The discounts really do help make the passes worth their cost!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #1217
mmbl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie0423 View Post
Just modified our reservation for RO discount Nov 30-Dec 6th! Excited to try this resort and would like to learn more here!!

Any suggestions: we will arrive around noon, maybe have lunch at the resort, is it "easy" to travel by bus to Downtown Disney? I thought we might enjoy going there our first night, kids are 3 and 6, our park tickets start the next day.

Have you been to WDW before? From CBR it is very easy to catch a bus to Downtown Disney. Those restaurants fill quickly as do the ones in the parks, so make reservations once you know which one you want! Don't miss Ghirardelli for desert regardless of where you eat. They'll even make you things that aren't on their menu. I love their old fashioned ice cream sodas and they aren't on the menu! The kids will probably like Lego Land as well and check the schedules as there is usually entertainment there.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #1218
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

refurbs

I heard that refurbs were going to be done at CBR, does anyone know when?
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 08-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #1219
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
Hey all! So how is the preferred rooms better as far as bus stops?
As the others have said, there is no difference. Each village has their own bus stop. When we stayed in Martinique 26, we used the Old Port Royale bus stop because it was a little bit closer than the Martinique stop. When we stayed in Aruba, our building was a little bit closer than the Aruba stop.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #1220
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
I heard that refurbs were going to be done at CBR, does anyone know when?
I was told that they are to begin in 2014 but there's no specific schedule yet. When I asked if they would be happening when we arrive in May, 2014, I was told that it was a real possibility but that they would make sure that the guests were not inconvenienced.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #1221
workinmom
Mouseketeer

Booked last night for 10/16-21. First 2 nights with RO discount & last 3 with FD. this is a mom/DD trip & we are excited to try CBR. We were going to do POFQ but the FD wasn't included. Had the CM put a request for either Jamaica or Aruba. Hopefully we won't be "too far" from pool or food court.
We stayed at CSR last time & didn't think the walk was bad from the Cabana rooms to the food court & I know that's a pretty large resort also.
So excited!😃😃🌴🌴
CBR-Oct 2013 - 1st DD & mom trip to Food & Wine!!!
- ME - DH - DD (22) - DS (19)
Old 08-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #1222
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinmom View Post
Booked last night for 10/16-21. First 2 nights with RO discount & last 3 with FD. this is a mom/DD trip & we are excited to try CBR. We were going to do POFQ but the FD wasn't included. Had the CM put a request for either Jamaica or Aruba. Hopefully we won't be "too far" from pool or food court.
We stayed at CSR last time & didn't think the walk was bad from the Cabana rooms to the food court & I know that's a pretty large resort also.
So excited!��������
We toured the CSR this past May (we were staying at CBR but wanted to check out the resort) and to us the CSR felt a little bit bigger. I think maybe it was the layout of the CSR that made it seem that way. If you were okay with the walks at the CSR, then you'll be fine at the CBR. As I posted above, our longest walk at the CBR was 7 minutes and that was from one of the furthest buildings from OPR.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #1223
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

So there'll be no construction/refurbs going on in Feb 2014? We'll have the current style room?

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip! ~ The One Where I Finally Ride Splash????

Old 08-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #1224
cruella23
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post

It was my first choice too and I kept hearing better things about POR but it just didn't appeal to me so I went with my gut and booked CBR. I'm like you - I'm more determined to love it!
We have stayed at POR 3 times and CBR twice. CBR is our favorite! We go with another family with 4 kids (10 of us total) so we had to go back to POR last year for the 5 person AB rooms and I was bummed. This year it us just the 4 of us, and we are trying CSR for something new. Have no desire to try POFQ totally based on theming. All the iron work and big creepy heads remind me of a horror movie.

The pool at CBR is great and sitting on a hammock on the beach is great. Enjoy!
Old 08-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #1225
Gitts2008
Mouseketeer

3 More Days Until Home At CBR! Anyone else going to be there?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #1226
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer

Giddy with Excitment!!!

We have our first WDW visit planned 10/26-11/2 and where is our family of 10 (3 rooms) staying, oh yeah, CBR!!

I have a few questions that I hope can be answered.

1. We are standard rooms
Good room to request
We will have a single and a double city mini as well as an electric scooter.

2. Kids
Do they allow pails/shovels at the beach?

3. Hammocks
In the videos I only see maybe 2. Are there more? I just imagine 100 or so people with 1 hammock!

4. Miscellenous
Any advice for a first time visitor with their families.

Thank you so much!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #1227
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
So there'll be no construction/refurbs going on in Feb 2014? We'll have the current style room?
We don't know yet. I'm going to call the castmember that I spoke with at the CBR either this afternoon or tomorrow and I'll ask if they have any updates. If they do, I'll post them here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruella23 View Post
We have stayed at POR 3 times and CBR twice. CBR is our favorite! We go with another family with 4 kids (10 of us total) so we had to go back to POR last year for the 5 person AB rooms and I was bummed. This year it us just the 4 of us, and we are trying CSR for something new. Have no desire to try POFQ totally based on theming. All the iron work and big creepy heads remind me of a horror movie.

The pool at CBR is great and sitting on a hammock on the beach is great. Enjoy!
Your description of French Quarter is so funny! Thank goodness I didn't read that before we stayed there in May. The big heads didn't creep me out at all but, then again, we are from Louisiana, home of the Mardi Gras. While we thought French Quarter was pretty, it sure wasn't our cup of tea. We liked the overall vibe/feel of the CBR much much more than FQ.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #1228
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommiesblessings2 View Post
We have our first WDW visit planned 10/26-11/2 and where is our family of 10 (3 rooms) staying, oh yeah, CBR!!

I have a few questions that I hope can be answered.

1. We are standard rooms
Good room to request
We will have a single and a double city mini as well as an electric scooter.

I'd suggest that you call Disney Travel and ask that they make a notation of a request for ground floor due to medical/mobility issues. As far as a good room to request, I think that requesting a standard room in Martinique 21, 22 or 23 would work out well for you.

2. Kids
Do they allow pails/shovels at the beach?

Yes they do and they are sold in the store at Old Port Royale. Some of the kids' meals come in a pail as well.

3. Hammocks
In the videos I only see maybe 2. Are there more? I just imagine 100 or so people with 1 hammock!

There are several hammocks on each village beach.

4. Miscellenous
Any advice for a first time visitor with their families.

I wouldn't even know where to start. Be prepared to fall in love with all things Disney and the resort. Take things slow and know that you can't get it all done in just one trip.

Thank you so much!
Hope that I was able to help!

Old 08-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #1229
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer

Yes, it did. Thank you. I'm so excited and can't wait.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #1230
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommiesblessings2 View Post
Yes, it did. Thank you. I'm so excited and can't wait.
Waaaay back when we planned our first trip to WDW, we had no clue how much we would enjoy ourselves and that we would return time and time again. I hope that you enjoy your first trip!

I have lots of pictures of the CBR in my trip report. Feel free to join in on our WDW fun. The link is in my signature and there are links to each chapter installment in post #2 so it won't take long to catch up if you want.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: