Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #1141
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Sounds like you're going into this CBR stay with the right frame of mind. You'll be happy no matter where your room is located. There's no need to worry about the walk to the bus stops either since there's one in each village.
I'm pretty easy to please. I'll be fine even if I get ground floor and not a corner room, that would just be ideal. I am at the parks open to close so while I will spend time at CBR the location isn't that important to me. I'm fine with walking where I need to go, I'll be able to see more of the resort that way!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 07-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #1142
Austinsmom068
Mouseketeer

Did my online check in and when I went to special request my options were love bug, toy story, 101 Dalmatians, near elevator... Have no idea how to fix this and be able to request Jamaica.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #1143
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinsmom068 View Post
Did my online check in and when I went to special request my options were love bug, toy story, 101 Dalmatians, near elevator... Have no idea how to fix this and be able to request Jamaica.
That's odd. Those are buildings at All Star Movies. Did your reservation confirmation show Caribbean Beach? It sounds like a computer glitch. I'd call Disney Travel directly and make the requests.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #1144
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yikes That's the options for ASmovies.

I would call and check. I just checked in yesterday I was given lower floor, 2nd floor, water view and the buildings name each to choose from.

Good luck
Old 07-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #1145
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Haha mickeystoontown! You beat me to the punch
Old 07-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #1146
Austinsmom068
Mouseketeer

Yes my reservation is for cbr. I double checked just to make sure it wasn't a computer glitch. I talked to a Disney cm about two weeks ago and had her put in my request for Jamaica. I wanted to do online checkin so my room would hopefully be ready bc I arrive at 9:30am. I don't understand why they are giving me them options.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #1147
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes my reservation is for cbr. I double checked just to make sure it wasn't a computer glitch. I talked to a Disney cm about two weeks ago and had her put in my request for Jamaica. I wanted to do online checkin so my room would hopefully be ready bc I arrive at 9:30am. I don't understand why they are giving me them options.
Well worse comes to worse just ask at checkin. You will have a great trip no matter where you end up

Last edited by trishadono; 07-24-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #1148
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If it were me, I'd go ahead and do online check in, give it a few hours and then call to make sure that the online check-in went through and that your requests were still noted.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #1149
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I'm pretty easy to please. I'll be fine even if I get ground floor and not a corner room, that would just be ideal. I am at the parks open to close so while I will spend time at CBR the location isn't that important to me. I'm fine with walking where I need to go, I'll be able to see more of the resort that way!
Cant wait to see your pics of CBR Steph!!! And please dont be like Lisa and forget to take pics of the room!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 07-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #1150
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Cant wait to see your pics of CBR Steph!!! And please dont be like Lisa and forget to take pics of the room!

Thanks Val!! I'll try to remember to take some pictures for everyone.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 07-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #1151
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I know! I couldn't believe it when I looked at my pictures and didn't see pics of the room. What a bad Diser I was!

Old 07-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #1152
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd1972uk View Post
. . . . . Absolutely nothing and makes me laugh about people making out that you'd need to be Seb Coe to stay here.
Whoa! Who'd have thought that Lord Sebastian would come up in a thread about the CBR??!!
Old 07-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #1153
ninamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd1972uk View Post
Yes they will give you a Activity Leaflet when you check-in detailing what's on at that time.

We're not long back and the place was absolutely fantastic.

Wouldn't hesitate to go back and maybe do a bit more lazying around the resort as we were up and around a lot, so didn't take in as much time as I'd have liked. Actually I never even got to the play area on the beaches dotted around for our little one.

Stayed in Pirates Room which is one of the furthest away in Trinidad South, but it was a 7 minute leisurely stroll to the front door of OPR. Absolutely nothing and makes me laugh about people making out that you'd need to be Seb Coe to stay here.

FD
Great feedback! We're going in October and staying in a Pirate Room. I agree with you on the Seb Coe comment! 7 minutes is nothing! x

Disneyland California 1990
Disneyland California 1993
WDW 1995
WDW 2002
WDW 2005
WDW 2008
WDW CBR 2013
Old 07-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #1154
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
The pics were posted on another message board. Go to Google and enter "CBR new rooms 2013". Click on the first link, scroll down a few posts and you will find links to the pics.
Are there any updates in regards to the refurbished rooms? I read earlier on this thread that it said it would start in 2014, but the pictures on the other site were posted in March of this year. We've always avoided staying here because I thought the rooms were a little ugly, but these new rooms look nice!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #1155
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Are there any updates in regards to the refurbished rooms? I read earlier on this thread that it said it would start in 2014, but the pictures on the other site were posted in March of this year. We've always avoided staying here because I thought the rooms were a little ugly, but these new rooms look nice!
Everything I've read says they will start in 2014. We were there last month and had new white linens but that was all that was different.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: