Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #1111
DisneyIll
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS321 View Post
We are considering getting annual passes next year for our trip. How much of a discount do you get on the rooms at CBR? Is it hard to get discounted rooms with an AP? Do you think the AP is worth it?
Thanks!!
We had a 25 % discount. I called the day I heard about on the DIS. It was not hard at all. I will be using my annual pass for 4 trips this year. Don't forget the other perks of the annual pass. Tip. Soda in the gift shops in the parks is eligible for the 10 % discount so when you need a soda, water etc.. go to a gift shop and save a quarter! So the annual pass has other perks.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #1112
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMama11 View Post
Just booked CBR for November!!!! This is our first time staying here and we are SUPER excited!!!

We just got back from WDW a couple weeks ago and stayed at the TRV at SSR with my FIL and mom and had so much fun we decided to upgrade our tickets to Annual Passes and come back ASAP! Our DD is 2 so we are taking advantage of free park admission and her being able to eat off our dinner plates one last time.

I'm looking forward to going through this thread and reading everything that CBR has to offer.

Congratulations and have a wonderful time!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #1113
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Pirate Rooms

Just wanted to make sure the post back from 2010 is still correct, Pirate Theme Rooms are ONLY located in Trindad South?

Old 07-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #1114
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Just wanted to make sure the post back from 2010 is still correct, Pirate Theme Rooms are ONLY located in Trindad South?

Yes that is correct, Pirate themed rooms are in Trinidad South.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #1115
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Has anyone been to caribbean cay playground?
Is it better then the other playgrounds on the beaches?
Because it is so lush would there be a lot of bugs and snakes?

AoA LM Sept/Oct 2012
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 07-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #1116
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Thank you, my sister is planning on booking there for our trip in January. We stayed at CBR back in 2009 and were in Martinique and loved our location. Since then we became DVC members we miss having the option for the moderate resorts.

Is Trinidad South really that far out of the way? Also can anyone fill me on on how the internal bus loop circulates?

Old 07-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #1117
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you, my sister is planning on booking there for our trip in January. We stayed at CBR back in 2009 and were in Martinique and loved our location. Since then we became DVC members we miss having the option for the moderate resorts.

Is Trinidad South really that far out of the way? Also can anyone fill me on on how the internal bus loop circulates?
I have walked over to Trinidad South several times during my morning walks and it took me about 6 1/2 minutes to make it from TS to Old Port Royale. That's with me stopping and taking pictures along the way.

If the buses use the side entrance, the first stop will be Jamaica, followed by Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North and then Trinidad South. If they come in from the main entrance, the first stop is Martinique, followed by Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and then Barbados.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #1118
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I have walked over to Trinidad South several times during my morning walks and it took me about 6 1/2 minutes to make it from TS to Old Port Royale. That's with me stopping and taking pictures along the way.

If the buses use the side entrance, the first stop will be Jamaica, followed by Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North and then Trinidad South. If they come in from the main entrance, the first stop is Martinique, followed by Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and then Barbados.
Doesn't sound too bad of a walk to OPR. I am just concerned with the buses being filled by the time the reach Trinidad South. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Old 07-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #1119
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Doesn't sound too bad of a walk to OPR. I am just concerned with the buses being filled by the time the reach Trinidad South. Does anyone have any experience with that?
While we haven't stayed in Trinidad South, I can honestly say that I've never seen the bus so full that the people at the TS stop couldn't get on the bus. Our stays usually range from mid to late May and early to mid August so pretty busy times of the year.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #1120
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
While we haven't stayed in Trinidad South, I can honestly say that I've never seen the bus so full that the people at the TS stop couldn't get on the bus. Our stays usually range from mid to late May and early to mid August so pretty busy times of the year.
Sounds like my sister should not have problems then if they book at Trinidad South for January 2014 with the buses then?

Thank you so much for all the information on the buses.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #1121
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like my sister should not have problems then if they book at Trinidad South for January 2014 with the buses then?

Thank you so much for all the information on the buses.
You are welcome!

Old 07-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #1122
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Has anyone been to caribbean cay playground?
Is it better then the other playgrounds on the beaches?
Because it is so lush would there be a lot of bugs and snakes?
We stopped there in June when friends werre visiting us at CBR for DS' birthday. The kids all had fun, and I didn't see any critters or bugs.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #1123
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I just booked my first stay at CBR for September! So excited to stay here for the first time!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 07-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #1124
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I just booked my first stay at CBR for September! So excited to stay here for the first time!
You did it! I can hardly wait for you to stay at the resort that we love so much!

Old 07-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #1125
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown

You did it! I can hardly wait for you to stay at the resort that we love so much!
Thanks Lisa! It was your TRs that made me want to stay at CBR.

Now I'm just trying to decide if I want to request a certain village or see what happens. I don't actually care about distance to OPR so I might just go with only requesting 2nd floor, which I really want.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: