Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #1096
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyroo120 View Post
The new room is beautiful. The theming of CBR interested me for our trip this year but when I saw the room pics I was turned off. They currently look very dated. The pirate rooms were my original plan until I realized they were the furthest from everything. Super excited to stay there on our next trip in a couple years!
Hopefully, when the refurb happens, there will be queen beds and a new décor. I, for one, would like to see some splash of color somewhere in the room since it would go with the tropical theme of the resort.

I've walked over to Trinidad South where the pirate rooms are located and my walk back over to Old Port Royale (food court, marina, etc.) was about 7 minutes so it's not that bad. However, if there were small kids in tow, I can understand that it might be a longer walk.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #1097
cgerdon02
Mouseketeer

Joining in on the CBR fun!! Since the free dining leak, we are upgrading from Pop and this will be our first stay in a mod!!! So excited!!
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #1098
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Just had an interesting chat session with a Disney rep about the new design of the rooms at CBR. I forgot to copy it before I closed it, but in general she said that it was being changed because of AoA. Now that there are Nemo rooms there they don't need a redundant theme at CBR. She also said they wanted the rooms at CBR to look clean and fresh, whatever that means.
I guess that makes sense. A splash of color wouldn't hurt though. Don't want them to look too much like Poly either.
Either way I'm hoping that really is a Murphy bed...I need another family of 5 option!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #1099
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmachell View Post
28 days for me!!
Oh you're so lucky. I hope you enjoy yourself!

Please remember to stop by in the thread to let us know the latest on the resort. I've never been there, so I enjoy reading everybody's thoughts and opinions.

Have a magical time
Old 07-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #1100
disneyobessed
DIS Veteran

We are looking to book cbr Aug 2014. When is the refurb suppose to,start? Will they have queen beds? I'm hoping they do the Murphy beds like POR for families of 5!!

MeDHDSDS
DD Mia
Old 07-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #1101
MouseKrazy
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone!!

I think I convinced DBF to go to CBR this December!! I love WDW at Christmas and I think his 2 DS's will completely love it! WHOOHOO SO EXCITED!!!

So, I've finally finished reading the entire thread lol and I think I got all my questions answered except one.

The pirate cruise.. One of the boys will be 3 years and 9 months, lol what does anyone think are the odds I can still get him on it?

05/2011 - WDW - POFQ
12/2007 - WDW - Poly
09/2005 - WDW - POP Century
04/2003 - WDW - Offsite
2001 - DL - Disneyland Hotel
1991 - DL - Christmas
1985 - DL - First-timer
Old 07-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #1102
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseKrazy View Post
Hey everyone!!

I think I convinced DBF to go to CBR this December!! I love WDW at Christmas and I think his 2 DS's will completely love it! WHOOHOO SO EXCITED!!!

So, I've finally finished reading the entire thread lol and I think I got all my questions answered except one.

The pirate cruise.. One of the boys will be 3 years and 9 months, lol what does anyone think are the odds I can still get him on it?
No idea, but just a shout out from a fellow Albertan!
Old 07-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #1103
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hey everyone!!

Are you asking if he would be scared to get on it? or would he still be interested in pirates? My 3 yr old grandson can't wait to see pirates, so I know he will love it. He's also an adrenaline junkie. We just finished watching Jumanji and he wouldn't let me turn it off. Just kept saying during some parts, "this is creepy".

I can't wait to get him on the Pirate Cruise.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #1104
MouseKrazy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictam2 View Post
Are you asking if he would be scared to get on it? or would he still be interested in pirates? My 3 yr old grandson can't wait to see pirates, so I know he will love it. He's also an adrenaline junkie. We just finished watching Jumanji and he wouldn't let me turn it off. Just kept saying during some parts, "this is creepy".

I can't wait to get him on the Pirate Cruise.

Oh no, I KNOW he would love it but it says it is for ages 4-12, so that has me totally wondering if I can sneak him on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_guy View Post
No idea, but just a shout out from a fellow Albertan!
WHOOT WHOOT for the Albertans!!!

05/2011 - WDW - POFQ
12/2007 - WDW - Poly
04/2003 - WDW - Offsite
1991 - DL - Christmas
1985 - DL - First-timer
Old 07-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #1105
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseKrazy

Oh no, I KNOW he would love it but it says it is for ages 4-12, so that has me totally wondering if I can sneak him on.

WHOOT WHOOT for the Albertans!!!
It is against disboards policy to ask if it is allowable to skirt around Disney policy. Be advised your thread may be closed. Age requirements are set for safety reasons and should in NO way be taken lightly.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #1106
MouseKrazy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
It is against disboards policy to ask if it is allowable to skirt around Disney policy. Be advised your thread may be closed. Age requirements are set for safety reasons and should in NO way be taken lightly.
Oh shoot, I'm so sorry!!! I just wanted to know if anyone knew if it was possible if a child who was almost 4 would be allowed on the cruise. So, that being said, I'm guessing that's a no..

Dangit, looks like we will just have to make another trip back. WHOOHOO!

05/2011 - WDW - POFQ
12/2007 - WDW - Poly
04/2003 - WDW - Offsite
1991 - DL - Christmas
1985 - DL - First-timer
Old 07-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #1107
Ravenne
A queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early.

Quote:
The answer is no. The last time we went my oldest was old enough to go, but my youngest was just a couple months shy of 4 and was not allowed to go.

As for the beds at CBR: prior to refurb (since we don't know if they're upgrading the beds or not) are they the same size as the doubles in a Value Resort?

Last edited by Ravenne; 07-20-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Didn't want to start a new thread to ask a question
Old 07-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #1108
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh shoot, I'm so sorry!!! I just wanted to know if anyone knew if it was possible if a child who was almost 4 would be allowed on the cruise. So, that being said, I'm guessing that's a no..

Dangit, looks like we will just have to make another trip back. WHOOHOO!

I'm sorry I miss understood you. I think I did see that one that was for 4-12 year olds. I also thought it said, they wouldn't be accompanied by an adult family member. So I gave that one no more thought.

We are going to do the "Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage". It sounds like a blast for us all and I know the 3 year old will love it. You might consider that one.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #1109
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenne
As for the beds at CBR: prior to refurb (since we don't know if they're upgrading the beds or not) are they the same size as the doubles in a Value Resort?
Yes.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #1110
MouseMama11
Mouseketeer

Just booked CBR for November!!!! This is our first time staying here and we are SUPER excited!!!

We just got back from WDW a couple weeks ago and stayed at the TRV at SSR with my FIL and mom and had so much fun we decided to upgrade our tickets to Annual Passes and come back ASAP! Our DD is 2 so we are taking advantage of free park admission and her being able to eat off our dinner plates one last time.

I'm looking forward to going through this thread and reading everything that CBR has to offer.

2013- Treehouse Villas (4th of July)/Caribbean Beach (Thanksgiving)
2010- Port Orleans Riverside 2009- Saratoga Springs (Honeymoon ) 2007- Old Key West 2006- Old Key West 2001- All Star Sports (1st Trip to Disney )
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: