Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #1066
momof2mouses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post

The pics were posted on another message board. Go to Google and enter "CBR new rooms 2013". Click on the first link, scroll down a few posts and you will find links to the pics.
Found it!! Thanks!

Old 07-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #1067
Sunnyday3
Mouseketeer

Has anyone heard about refrigerators being out of service at CBR? We will be there the first part of August.
WDW Coronado Springs August 2009
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #1068
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Looking at that demo room it really looks like that tv cabinet holds another bed like the rooms at POR or Aulani. Could CBR possibly be converting to allow another choice for families of 5?
Time will tell!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #1069
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyday3 View Post
Has anyone heard about refrigerators being out of service at CBR? We will be there the first part of August.
It's not just CBR but all of Disney, World and Land. It's my understanding the change out has started and it's anticipated to be completed in 4 months.
Here's a link to one of the announcements.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/General_...rigerators.htm
Old 07-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #1070
Sunnyday3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictam2 View Post

It's not just CBR but all of Disney, World and Land. It's my understanding the change out has started and it's anticipated to be completed in 4 months.
Here's a link to one of the announcements.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/General_...rigerators.htm
Thank you for the link :-)
WDW Coronado Springs August 2009
Old 07-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #1071
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

ME tickets arrived tonight only 38 more sleeps to go before we're at CBR.

Disney service is great. I talked to the CM on Monday about reserving the Magical Express, the tickets were shipped yesterday and arrived today. Not bad, for going totally across the country and to Canada to boot.

Guess, we'll see our cruise docs next week.
: 1992, 2007, 2013
DCL: AUG07 4day: Wonder, AUG08 15day EB REPO, 04JUL09 EASTERN, 23OCT10 EASTERN, 23AUG11 ALASKA, 25AUG12 NY/BAHAMAS, 24AUG13 FANTASY EASTERN 20SEP14 SOUTHERN
Old 07-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #1072
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

I just booked my stay! I was wavering because I keep hearing good reviews about POR and some not so go ones about CBR so I went online to book POR and it just didn't appeal to me and when I went back and looked at the photos of CBR I was sold - booked a pirate room

Now if only the extended free dining offer would hurry up and come out I'd be all set!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #1073
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

You would not have gone wrong with either resort. We like the food court at CBR better and maybe the beauty of CBR but we liked both and found you just can't go wrong staying on site at WDW. We were at POR before the refurb so we see the same basics. We do a family thing and it is Linda and I plus both daughters and their families. Nine in all with three rooms and our vote after this trip that we will be back to both but probably CBR first. We blame Lisa but it is a nice kind of blame.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #1074
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

We have decided on CBR for next year's vacation but with the news about the room renovations I am reconsidering. Our trip is the last week in May.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Old 07-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #1075
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
We have decided on CBR for next year's vacation but with the news about the room renovations I am reconsidering. Our trip is the last week in May.
Our dates are May 24th to June 7th. I was told that there was a possibility that the refurb would be going on while we are there. They don't have the schedule yet. We decided to stick with the CBR despite the fact that they may be working on the rooms in the hope that we actually get one of the new rooms.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #1076
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

Good choice Lisa - when they refurbed POR they shut down a whole complex at a time then moved on and it started late fall and no one was in a complex under refurb. Most was done by June and The Princes rooms that were not ready in March, the guests were offered Deluxe Resorts which went way over the top.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #1077
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
I agree with the prior posters, you won't know the difference.
They do the reno in blocks, and other than perhaps seeing crates or workers in and around a particular building (where you won't be staying, just walking past) you probably won't have a clue they are doing it while you're there, if they are.

Just think - a block of rooms off-line means that many fewer people checked in and waiting in line in front of you for food or a bus
Old 07-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #1078
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
Good choice Lisa - when they refurbed POR they shut down a whole complex at a time then moved on and it started late fall and no one was in a complex under refurb. Most was done by June and The Princes rooms that were not ready in March, the guests were offered Deluxe Resorts which went way over the top.
I'm sure that we'll be fine even if the refurb is going on while we are there. I've got to call the lady back this week because I mistakenly gave her the wrong dates. I may ask her about the queen beds but don't want her to think that I'm being a nosey rosey. I'm not quite sure that she was even supposed to tell me what she did.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #1079
babygirlamg
DIS Veteran

so ive always stayed at the POP , but really would like to try a moderate and CB is the only one appealing to me , but im worried about the size of the resort , im booking standard as that is what i can afford...How bad is the walk to the food court and pools??
Old 07-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #1080
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlamg View Post
so ive always stayed at the POP , but really would like to try a moderate and CB is the only one appealing to me , but im worried about the size of the resort , im booking standard as that is what i can afford...How bad is the walk to the food court and pools??
We have stayed in Jamaica, Martinique (both preferred and non-preferred), Aruba and Barbados. Our longest walk to Old Port Royale was about 7 minutes and that was from the furthest building in Barbados. Most of our walks were about 5 minutes. Even my 79 year old mother could make the walk so it's not bad at all.

The main pool, arcade, food court, marina and pool bar are all at Old Port Royale.

There are bus stops, laundry facilities and quiet pools in each resort village so you are never far from one.

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 07-15-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: