Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #1051
lilybrooke14
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS321 View Post
When we were packing up to leave a Mousekeeper came by with the new throws for the beds....they were just unpacking them and putting them at the foot of the bed over the white quilts....they were the old bedspread design...
While I agree that the rooms could use a little updating, I still think this is the nicest resort of the moderates....we just love it there and can't wait to go back!
As in, the design before Nemo?
Old 07-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #1052
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It's going to happen! The rooms at the Caribbean Beach Resort will be undergoing a complete refurb which will start sometime in 2014.

I spoke with someone (a higher up) at Caribbean Beach Resort (not the call center) who confirmed this information. I can't divulge any names or contact information but I can tell you that I received the telephone number from someone in Walt Disney World Resort, Guest Experience Services, which was in response to a letter that I wrote to Disney.

I questioned the castmember (only referring to this person as a castmember because I do not know her proper title and know that Disney employees are referred to as castmembers) on whether or not it would be happening during our May, 2014 stay and she said that she believed that it would but they would be doing it in phases so there's no definite time frame as to when each village would be underdoing the refurb. They do not have a schedule yet but have been told that it is happening.

As when the refurb was done at Port Orleans, they will do their best not to inconvenience the guests and it will be done building by building or possibly village by village.

I am to call her back right after Labor Day to speak with her again regarding our next stay and she may have more information. I will also ask her about queen beds since I totally forgot to ask if the CBR would be getting them.

I'll keep ya'll updated as I get information but I think this is great news!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 07-11-2013 at 02:14 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #1053
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Definitely great news!!!!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 07-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #1054
kimmy85
PROUD US ARMY MOM!

CBR fridge - Travel Agent info

I know that there is a whole other thread for this topic but since I initially found out about the fridges on this CBR thread, I wanted to share....

I had just made my final payment yesterday for CBR in September when I saw this thread today. After contacting my AAA travel agent, she called Disney and provided this information to me:

"Some of the rooms in the hotels have a refrigerator model that has been recalled by the company. Disney is currently in the process of tagging the rooms with those models. Over the next few weeks they will be removing and replacing those models with new ones. If you need a refrigerator, have a note made on your reservation just in case they are not finished by then."

I'll be keeping an eye on the situation since we are flying, no rental car, and have placed a large order with Garden Grocer. Worst case, we pack a soft sided cooler and DH makes trips to the ice machine.

Not a deal breaker - I've waited over 10 years to get back to WDW!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #1055
NicPie
Frozen 24/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
When we were there in June we saw them (maintence) removing a few Frigs. Go to DTD and walk over to Hess and get a styrophome cooler.
Maybe you saw them taking mine! lol We checked in June 14th (Jamaica 43) and our fridge was not cold at all and we already had our milk delivered. They brought another one and for a while we weren't sure it would be any better. Luckily it did get colder and worked okay for us.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #1056
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I will also ask her about queen beds since I totally forgot to ask if the CBR would be getting them.

I'll keep ya'll updated as I get information but I think this is great news!
I will be shocked if they don't upgrade to queen beds. It's been far too long that the Moderate with the largest rooms has the smallest beds.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #1057
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I will be shocked if they don't upgrade to queen beds. It's been far too long that the Moderate with the largest rooms has the smallest beds.
I would be surprised too. I need to go back and look at these mock room pictures. Am I remembering correctly that it looked like there may be a trundle/pull down bed like those at Port Orleans in Alligator Bayou?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #1058
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

darn!! Was hoping they'd start this summer!
Old 07-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #1059
kimmy85
PROUD US ARMY MOM!

Update after my TA posted a "fridge request" note to my Sept 2013 CBR reservation:

"I have made the request on your reservation. It was explained that they have a limited number of stock and people that have medicines that need to be kept refrigerated are first priority. They have already begun the removal process and are looking for the replacement brand."
Old 07-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #1060
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would be surprised too. I need to go back and look at these mock room pictures. Am I remembering correctly that it looked like there may be a trundle/pull down bed like those at Port Orleans in Alligator Bayou?
Yes the mock up looks just like the AB rooms at POR. The decor is the only thing that is different.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #1061
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, you are remembering correctly! Our next trip won't be until 2015, so I'm thinking our chances of a new room are pretty good. Thanks for sharing your info, Lisa!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #1062
LvsTnk
Disney Crazy

Just something I have been reading in the reviews, that the safes are small and some of the rooms have been looking like they aren't cleaned properly.

I haven't stayed at CBR since we joined DVC but we never had an issue with dirty rooms. I also just want to put an ipad in the safe will it fit?

We are really looking forward to our stay there in Nov. added a few days on for food and wine but DS has special needs and this trip is for him in a pirate room.
He can't be in a moldy dirty room.

This just doesn't seem like the CBR we fell in love with we stayed there the year it opened and many times after that such great memories.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #1063
momof2mouses
Mouseketeer

Where are these "mock room" photos I keep reading about? Would love to see!

Old 07-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #1064
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2mouses View Post
Where are these "mock room" photos I keep reading about? Would love to see!
The pics were posted on another message board. Go to Google and enter "CBR new rooms 2013". Click on the first link, scroll down a few posts and you will find links to the pics.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #1065
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

It looks like the new rooms will have sliding doors instead of the privacy curtain.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: