Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #91
jennyjones78
Earning My Ears

I am so happy to have found this thread. I am taking my two sons in May for a week, we will be staying in one of the pirate rooms. We will be celebrating both of their birthdays (ages 3 & 14) My question is.. if my travel agent sends a request will they decorate the room for their birthday? This will be our first visit so i was wanting to know if i needed to bring any decorations or if they will do it upon request.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #92
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjones78 View Post
I am so happy to have found this thread. I am taking my two sons in May for a week, we will be staying in one of the pirate rooms. We will be celebrating both of their birthdays (ages 3 & 14) My question is.. if my travel agent sends a request will they decorate the room for their birthday? This will be our first visit so i was wanting to know if i needed to bring any decorations or if they will do it upon request.
How exciting!! The resort itself won't decorate the room for you. But if you don't mind the cost, I see lots of people here on the DIS say good things about in room celebrations from Disney Florist. They will decorate the room for you prior to your arrival, or while you are at the parks for the day. I have never used them, but from others reports they are good if not a little pricey.

You can also bring stuff with you and do it yourself.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #93
MorganK
Earning My Ears

Since some of the info in the first few posts appears to be outdated, can anyone confirm if the shipping addresses are still accurate? Thanks.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #94
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganK View Post
Since some of the info in the first few posts appears to be outdated, can anyone confirm if the shipping addresses are still accurate? Thanks.
All of the info in the official Shipping to your Resort sticky is accurate. See below.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212
Old 01-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #95
musicmantrs
Mouseketeer

Just a tip from our trip in November... I've seen many times how a King is just a request and I understand that. We requested a King and would have paid for it but they had none available so when we checked in (on the last Friday of F&W) I asked about the King room and the CM called to check but there were none available. She told me to call or drop by on Sunday to see if they had any open up. They did and we got moved no problem. If you want one I'd suggest asking! Just my $.02. Another one is that I always see Jamaica being suggested... Jamaica 43 is what we got (45 wasn't available) and I wasn't a fan of the walk to the bus stop or the walk to OPR, when we got moved on Monday we got into Barbados 13 and it seemed much closer to OPR and was definitely closer to the bus stop. I also liked not needing to call the van for our luggage when we checked out, we just walked our suitcases across the street to Custom House.
Fort Wilderness Cabins - 1995, POP All Star Music - 2001, Contemporary - 2001, Off-site Disney World - 2003, Off-site Disneyland/DCA - 2004, Contemporary - 2005, Contemporary - 2008, Off-site Disneyland/DCA - 2011, Off-site Disney World - Mar. 2012, CBR - Nov. 2012
Old 01-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #96
Gupbrat
Earning My Ears

Fax room request???

So now we don' t fax in the request a week before we arrive? I have requested and it is noted on my reservation a connecting room . We are 3 families going, have paid for a preferred room, 2 of us have a connecting and the third requested to be in the same building and had our reservations "linked". I was going to refax all this info so we could all be together, but now they don' t take the fax anymore . Help!

CBR- Jan 31- Feb 5, 2013 (myself, DH, DS 21, DS 16) plus 2 other families!
POP- March 15-20, 2011 (myself, DH, DS 13)
OKW- Mother's Day Trip May 8-12, 2010 (myself and sister)
POR- Feb 13-20, 2009 (myself, DH, DS,17, DS,11)
Boardwalk Villas- Sept 25-30, 2008 (3 sisters, younger DS, and 2 DN's)
Boardwalk Villas March 10-14 2006 (younger DS, sister, DN, best friend)
AsSports-OKW- March 2005 (whole family)
AKL- Nov 13-17, 2002 (DH and I, 10th anniversary)
OKW& AsSports - Oct 2001 (whole family)
OKW- Nov 1999 (myself, DH, oldest DS)
Coronado Springs- Jan 1998 (1st trip with 3 sisters)
Old 01-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #97
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupbrat View Post
So now we don' t fax in the request a week before we arrive? I have requested and it is noted on my reservation a connecting room . We are 3 families going, have paid for a preferred room, 2 of us have a connecting and the third requested to be in the same building and had our reservations "linked". I was going to refax all this info so we could all be together, but now they don' t take the fax anymore . Help!
I usually call a few days before we arrive to make sure that our requests are still noted and to verify that the reservations are linked. From what I understand, they haven't accepted faxes in quite a while.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #98
denise5374
Dares to say CRUISE out loud
Don't go back to lurking

SO excited...didn't think I was going to get to stay at CBR this year, since our August trip we are trying out POR but, my sons high school baseball team is going for "spring training" and we are staying at CBR. Plus we are going with 2 other families that have never stayed there before!!

Old 01-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #99
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupbrat View Post
You can relax, you have done everything you need to do. The only resorts that still read faxed requests are POR and POFQ.

And we usually do what mickeystoontown suggests also, call a few days before your arrival and ask the CM to read back to you any requests you have tied to your reservation.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #100
MandyTG
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone! We are planning a 6 night stay at Caribbean Beach in April and I have a question about shampoo! LOL! Yes, shampoo!
Can someone who has been recently tell me CB has shampoo and conditioner combo or separate? I thought Mods all have separate, but in the pic from the beginning it's the combo. I know that pics from a while ago so I was just wondering what is available now.
Thank you!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #101
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyTG View Post
Hello everyone! We are planning a 6 night stay at Caribbean Beach in April and I have a question about shampoo! LOL! Yes, shampoo!
Can someone who has been recently tell me CB has shampoo and conditioner combo or separate? I thought Mods all have separate, but in the pic from the beginning it's the combo. I know that pics from a while ago so I was just wondering what is available now.
Thank you!
When we were there in May, 2012, there were small bottles of shampoo and small bottles of conditioner. It was not the shampoo/condtioner combo.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #102
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyTG View Post
Thank you!
They are separate bottles. They are cute and have little Mickey head tops on them. I stayed at CBR last month, and brought a couple home with me.

However, if you have sensitive skin, bring your own bath soap/body wash. They have an orange scented soap that I knew better than to use on my sensitive skin. Nuts, I just looked at the shampoo is orange scented too. Oh well.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #103
nessz79
DIS Veteran

Checking in as we are pretty much decided on CBR for a short 3 night stay in June. Growing up, CBR was the only resort we went to (when it was brand new) and I've visited once with my own children in 2010. A lot of nostalgia and I'm very excited to return!

I have to brush up on the best buildings to request, as I plan on just booking a standard room.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #104
MandyTG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
They are separate bottles. They are cute and have little Mickey head tops on them. I stayed at CBR last month, and brought a couple home with me.

However, if you have sensitive skin, bring your own bath soap/body wash. They have an orange scented soap that I knew better than to use on my sensitive skin. Nuts, I just looked at the shampoo is orange scented too. Oh well.
Thank you for the reply!
Old 01-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #105
shpdem
Mouseketeer

can anyone confirm or deny the rfid bracelets being used here yet.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: