Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #991
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
wdwmaw, here are a couple of pics of our room from earlier this month. Please ignore our stuff and ds on the bed, I took these on day 7 or 8. I also posted them on the CBR picture thread.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
Thanks for posting!! In person I am sure it looks different but in the pictures they just look like unmade beds, like they forgot the cover. For me they look like sheets tucked in. They really clash with the decor of the room

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
Old 06-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #992
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

Has anyone given a thought that the old quilts were quite warn and if you are going to make the change to queen beds that you might want to save cost at this time on new queen quilts later? Look like the white ones they used during the Poly do over.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #993
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

HiHo, I wondered if the linens were just the beginning, sort of like an "it isn't much, but it's a start" kind of thing? I know they were painting exteriors in Jamaica, but I didn't see any evidence of inside painting. I doubt they would close buildings during the summer to paint/refurb, but linen changes wouldn't take long so maybe this is just the start?
Old 07-01-2013, 01:51 AM   #994
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

I wonder what will happen to the pirate rooms when they DO finally do a refurb and change over to queen beds...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 07-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #995
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
Has anyone given a thought that the old quilts were quite warn and if you are going to make the change to queen beds that you might want to save cost at this time on new queen quilts later? Look like the white ones they used during the Poly do over.
I have been wondering the same thing. So hopefully it is a step in the right direction. Or maybe Disney doesn't want the rooms to look to great because then people wouldn't leave them to go spend their money in the gift shops.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #996
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
HiHo, I wondered if the linens were just the beginning, sort of like an "it isn't much, but it's a start" kind of thing? I know they were painting exteriors in Jamaica, but I didn't see any evidence of inside painting. I doubt they would close buildings during the summer to paint/refurb, but linen changes wouldn't take long so maybe this is just the start?
I'm thinking along those same lines. Even though there's been no official confirmation of room change-overs, there are the two "mock" rooms that someone posted pictures of. Now, we are seeing the linens being changed out and, apparently, the wall paper border has come down in some of the rooms as well. If they were going to do a refurb, it would make sense to not buy the more expensive linens until a new "theme" has been decided upon.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #997
amberc
Earning My Ears

Just returned from our CBR stay and I must say, we did enjoy this resort. My kids absolutely loved the main pool, I think they would have been content to stay there and swim everyday instead of going to the parks!

We stayed in Aruba 56. It was really close to the bus stop, but it was a good little walk to OPR. Not really a big deal for us, but can see how it could be for some. What I liked about the building is that it was out of the way and very quiet...made for good rest after long days in the park!

I really hoped to do more of the resort activities like renting the bikes, watching the nightly movie, campfire on the beach, but if we were at the resort in the evening, the kiddos wanted to swim.

The buses were fine. We never waited very long, most of the time, Aruba was the second stop, so it was never full when we were picked up (except once headed to MK in the evening). Same with leaving the parks, buses came pretty regularly and were never full headed back.

All in all, we really liked CBR. One of my favorite things was laying on a hammock on the beach with my book.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #998
ninamouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberc View Post
Just returned from our CBR stay and I must say, we did enjoy this resort. My kids absolutely loved the main pool, I think they would have been content to stay there and swim everyday instead of going to the parks!

We stayed in Aruba 56. It was really close to the bus stop, but it was a good little walk to OPR. Not really a big deal for us, but can see how it could be for some. What I liked about the building is that it was out of the way and very quiet...made for good rest after long days in the park!

I really hoped to do more of the resort activities like renting the bikes, watching the nightly movie, campfire on the beach, but if we were at the resort in the evening, the kiddos wanted to swim.

The buses were fine. We never waited very long, most of the time, Aruba was the second stop, so it was never full when we were picked up (except once headed to MK in the evening). Same with leaving the parks, buses came pretty regularly and were never full headed back.

All in all, we really liked CBR. One of my favorite things was laying on a hammock on the beach with my book.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
How lovely to hear some positive feedback, so thank you!

I'm pleased you had a lovely trip....so excited for our visit on 109 days!!!

Disneyland California 1990
Disneyland California 1993
WDW 1995
WDW 2002
WDW 2005
WDW 2008
WDW CBR 2013
Old 07-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #999
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Can't have this lovely thread sinking to the bottom of page 2. My trip is only 52 days away.

I am so ready for this trip. I have to get a wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow. Can I go to Disney instead?

I am so looking forward to settling in to one of those Hammocks. I've already picked out things I want to try from the counter service restaurant and I am determined to grab a snack with the kids and check out at least one movie night. Hurry up and get here August!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #1000
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Can't have this lovely thread sinking to the bottom of page 2. My trip is only 52 days away.

I am so ready for this trip. I have to get a wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow. Can I go to Disney instead?

I am so looking forward to settling in to one of those Hammocks. I've already picked out things I want to try from the counter service restaurant and I am determined to grab a snack with the kids and check out at least one movie night. Hurry up and get here August!
Keep happy thought about Disney during your dentist appointment. I don't envy you at all. Well yes I do. I wish I was going in August instead of having to wait till December.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #1001
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Anyone having any problems lately with moldy or damp rooms or has that problem been taken care of?

Thanks

AoA LM Sept/Oct 2012
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 07-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #1002
GAGirlInVA
DIS Veteran

Peeking in.

DH has been studying the different resorts and really seems to like this one.

I started a PTR but we can't say officially until the package rates come out.

We would pay for preferred but hope for preferred/king. Maybe we will get pixie dusted!

Dec 2010: ASMu April 2011: POP! Oct 2011: ASMo April 2014: Caribbean Beach resort!

Next trip? Maybe DisneyLAND for Dec '14 or March '15
Old 07-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #1003
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Anyone having any problems lately with moldy or damp rooms or has that problem been taken care of?

Thanks
We were there in May/June of this year and had no problems with mold or damp rooms (we had three rooms).

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #1004
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post

Good luck with the tooth today. When do they post the movie schedule? Is that something we can find online?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #1005
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post

Thanks
We were there June 5-14 and didn't have any problems with this. We have friends who were there the week before, and they didn't either.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: