Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #976
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post
When I made my reservation (online) there was no option for preferred/non-preferred rooms, just King bed, water view, or standard view. How can I request a preferred location? "Preferred" is a designated category along with "water view," "king bed," and "standard (view)." If they had preferred available for your dates, they would offer it to you at booking. If they don't offer it to you, it isn't available in the system for your dates. However, we have found in past trips, if you are set on preferred and willing to pay the difference at check-in, they can almost always find you one right then (since folks have been checking in and switching rooms, changing categories, checking out early, etc in the days immediately preceding your checkin).

About how much are cab rides from each of the parks to CBR (AK, HS, MK, & EPCOT)? MK = $21-22; HS or EPCOT = $10-12; AK = $14-15
Old 06-29-2013, 12:37 AM   #977
Laur09
Earning My Ears

Bedspreads

We had a wonderful stay at CBR from April 13-20th. We were in Aruba 5227, a short walk across the bridge to OPR, which was a closer bus stop for us than our Aruba bus stop. We had requested an Aruba room with a water view, and we couldn't have had a more beautiful spot...great for pictures early in the morning.

I was surprised at the white bed coverings when we checked into our room, and asked a Mousekeeper about the Nemo bedspreads. She said "no more." Our room was completely de-Nemo'd...no wallpaper border or anything, but it was still beachy and beautiful and we loved it. Later that afternoon on the bus to the parks, we passed the Dumpster in the the Aruba parking lot and there were the Nemo bedspreads, all crumbled up together in a huge plastic bag. If I'd had extra luggage room.....kidding!!! :D

All in all we loved our stay at CBR (with an extra shout to Mike the bartender at the Banana Cabana! ) and everything about our Magical week at Disney World. Can't wait to go back in 2016! (Should I be counting the days yet??)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #978
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

What are the options for rentals at the marina? And how much are they?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #979
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977
What are the options for rentals at the marina? And how much are they?
Check out post number 1 of this thread.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #980
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

Check out post number 1 of this thread.
Oops! Must have missed it the first time I looked! Thanks!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #981
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laur09 View Post
We had a wonderful stay at CBR from April 13-20th. We were in Aruba 5227, a short walk across the bridge to OPR, which was a closer bus stop for us than our Aruba bus stop. We had requested an Aruba room with a water view, and we couldn't have had a more beautiful spot...great for pictures early in the morning.

I was surprised at the white bed coverings when we checked into our room, and asked a Mousekeeper about the Nemo bedspreads. She said "no more." Our room was completely de-Nemo'd...no wallpaper border or anything, but it was still beachy and beautiful and we loved it. Later that afternoon on the bus to the parks, we passed the Dumpster in the the Aruba parking lot and there were the Nemo bedspreads, all crumbled up together in a huge plastic bag. If I'd had extra luggage room.....kidding!!! :D

All in all we loved our stay at CBR (with an extra shout to Mike the bartender at the Banana Cabana! ) and everything about our Magical week at Disney World. Can't wait to go back in 2016! (Should I be counting the days yet??)
Would love to see some photos of the new decor, this is very exciting news

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
Old 06-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #982
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

wdwmaw, here are a couple of pics of our room from earlier this month. Please ignore our stuff and ds on the bed, I took these on day 7 or 8. I also posted them on the CBR picture thread.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #983
delilah18
DIS Veteran

What kind of wallpaper border do they have now?
Cant really tell from your pic?
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 06-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #984
pxydst
Mouseketeer

it looks kind of ...Blahhh!?!?!?
Old 06-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #985
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

We love CBR but those beds look terrible. Looks like a bed with sheets and no comforter. Hate it. We're going in Dec. and I hope it looks nicer by then.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #986
Linda T.
DIS Veteran

I am not crazy about those white sheets either. I hope when we go in July, they have some type of comforter on the bed. I agree it looks blah.....
May, 1979 - Offsite; June, 1995 - CBR; June, 1997 - CBR; June, 1999 - POR; July, 2001 - CBR; April, 2005 - Disneyland; July, 2005 - CBR; July, 2007 - CBR; July, 2010 - CBR; July 2011 - CBR; July, 2013 - CBR; Next Trip - Christmas, 2014 - BCV

Old 06-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #987
daannzzz
OMG...Theres my favorite scrambled egg salad
Enjoys the magic of Disneyland in December
: I am becoming a bit more adventurous in my dining habits

I agree. I was not super fond of the all white comforter with a small throw on the end of the beds that they have been doing at many, many hotels. Some have a pretty nice comforter with a pattern on it so it looks better. This crap at the Caribbean Beach though looks like you have walked into a room that has not been completed by housekeeping.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #988
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda T.
I am not crazy about those white sheets either. I hope when we go in July, they have some type of comforter on the bed. I agree it looks blah.....
They won't. All the WDW resorts are getting rid of the comforters.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #989
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxydst View Post
it looks kind of ...Blahhh!?!?!?
Blah seems to be the wave of the future, unfortunately. Glad I got to stay at CBR before they took away the Nemo theme. At least that had some snap and pop to it!
Old 06-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #990
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
What kind of wallpaper border do they have now?
Cant really tell from your pic?
We still had the Nemo border in our room. I don't know if they will be taking that down now or not.

As far as the white linens....I saw a few pics before our trip, and I wasn't crazy about it either. It looked better in person, but a splash of color somewhere would have been nice. You can't really tell from the pic, but the top thing wasn't a sheet, it was like a thin duvet, I guess? It was soft to sit on, and had a little design through it, also in white. Someone had mentioned that on this thread also before our trip, and we took an old comforter with us in case we needed it. I got cold a couple of nights, and I was glad we had it. I'm sure we could have asked for extra blankets, though.

We had a great stay at CBR this time, no complaints at all. I had planned to do a detailed review but haven't gotten around to it.

Short review:
Housekeeping was great! Our room was clean when we arrived, no bugs, no dirt, no mold, no damp/musty smell, no crumbs from previous guests, no spots on the mirror, etc. We didn't receive any towel animals, but that is not an issue for us either way. The second day, we were resting while housekeeping came by and had the privacy sign on the door; they didn't knock, but we received a phone call a few hours later to see if we needed anything, and they brought us a bag of towels and things a few minutes later.

Food Court: We ate at OPR several times, usually for lunch or dinner. We didn't have any trouble finding a table, although it was very crowded the day we left when we went down about 9:45 for breakfast. There were always CMs cleaning the drink refill area, stocking the condiments, wiping off tables, etc. All of the food we had was hot when it should have been or cold when it should have been. All of the food tasted fine, the only minor complaint was that DS12 didn't like his pasta salad--personal preference, not bad food.

CMs: We didn't encounter one rude or unpleasant CM the entire trip, not at CBR or anywhere else.

Buses: What can I say, they were Disney buses! We used them about half the time, drove our own car the other half. We had to wait at MK park closing one night for about 25 minutes, and the line was already long when we got there. Not sure what happened there, when we got to the stop, it seemed like it had been quite awhile since a bus had been there. The CM working that area apologized for the delay, and two buses showed up one right after the other.

I think that's about it, I would be glad to answer any questions if I can.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: