Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #901
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictam2 View Post
Hi All
I just changed our reservation from POFQ to the CRB (11/30-12/5) so I could take advantage of the FD. Im still fairly new w/planning trips to Disney (its been many years since my girls were little) but with a grandson now, Im back to Disney. YAY!

Im over whelmed by the size of CRB and didnt/dont understand what Preferred Room vs. Water/Pool View. Though I did book a water/pool view cuz I would like a room closest to the best pool for a 3 year old. Im not sure thats the main pool or the one w/the shipwreck and double slides (that could be the same pool). Or are there others? I havent been able to find a lot of pictures.

Any advice on location would be greatly appreciated!

TIA
If you want to make sure that you're close to the main pool, food court, etc., I'd suggest that you change your reservation from water view to a preferred room location. With a preferred location, you will be put a room in Martinique Buildings 26, 25 or 24 or in one of the Trinidad North buildings. Those are all preferred rooms.

Disney's idea of a water view rooms (in any resort) is a view of either a lake, a pool or maybe even a fountain.

The pools in each village are the quiet pools. They do not have slides or lifeguards. The main pool has two slides and lifeguards on duty.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #902
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

How is the food court there? Likes/Dislikes? I'm looking at mainly for quick breakfasts or lunches. Thanks! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #903
catbertdave99
We Wanna Be There NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
How is the food court there? Likes/Dislikes? I'm looking at mainly for quick breakfasts or lunches. Thanks! :-)
We love the food court at Old Port Royale! Not only do we like the variety, but most of the time it doesn't take too long to get your food. If you go during peak meal times, there can be quite a crowd, but the cast members do a pretty good job keeping things quick. We also can always find seating - that's nice.

03/01 - WL; 02/04 - AKL; 04/05 - CBR; 03/07 - CBR; 07/08 - POP; 06/09 - CBR; 06/12 - CBR; 11/14 - CBR/GF
Old 06-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #904
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
We eat in the food court several times during each of our stays. Always liked what we ordered and, like the previous poster said, there's a nice variety to choose from. I'll be posting pictures of our lunch at CBR in my next trip report update.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #905
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbertdave99 View Post
We love the food court at Old Port Royale! Not only do we like the variety, but most of the time it doesn't take too long to get your food. If you go during peak meal times, there can be quite a crowd, but the cast members do a pretty good job keeping things quick. We also can always find seating - that's nice.
I don't imagine the crowd issue is much worse than POR. I love the POR food court but sometimes it is just PACKED and there's no guarantee of a seat!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #906
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
We eat in the food court several times during each of our stays. Always liked what we ordered and, like the previous poster said, there's a nice variety to choose from. I'll be posting pictures of our lunch at CBR in my next trip report update.
Looking forward to seeing your pics!!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #907
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Hey Guys/Gals
Thank you all for the info. Sounds like I need to change my reservation to preferred.
Thanks again!
Tammie
Old 06-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #908
malacajo
Mouseketeer

We will be newbies to CBR in Sept, can you tell me what building/buildings to try and request to be closest to big pool?? Thanks!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #909
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbertdave99 View Post
We also can always find seating - that's nice.
During very busy times- like the week between Christmas and New Year's Day- they'll often open up Shutters for extra seating during the breakfast rush, etc.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #910
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by malacajo View Post
We will be newbies to CBR in Sept, can you tell me what building/buildings to try and request to be closest to big pool?? Thanks!
Jamaica 45, Aruba 51, Martinique 21, 22, and 23 are all the closest non-preferred locations. We happen to like Jamaica 45. They are all an under 5 minute stroll to the main pool.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #911
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Does anyone happen to know the email address for CBR management? I'd love to pay a compliment to one of the wonderful concierge staff they've got. She was a total gem. (I can always send off a snail-mail, just figured I'd ask here and see if anyone knows beforehand. )
Old 06-19-2013, 01:00 AM   #912
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Does anyone happen to know the email address for CBR management? I'd love to pay a compliment to one of the wonderful concierge staff they've got. She was a total gem. (I can always send off a snail-mail, just figured I'd ask here and see if anyone knows beforehand. )
I have never seen any details on how to contact CBR management directly. In the past, I have had good luck going through Guest Relations in giving kudos to a CBR CM.

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I received a reply 2-3 days later thanking me for taking the time to praise the CM. It also stated that my email would be passed on to their management and a copy put into their file.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #913
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

Joining this thread! Is there another CBR thread too?? If so, can someone link me to it ?? Thanks!! I am going up in November!! Super Excited!! No kids this trip!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #914
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10 View Post
Joining this thread! Is there another CBR thread too?? If so, can someone link me to it ?? Thanks!! I am going up in November!! Super Excited!! No kids this trip!
There's the CBR Picture Thread here.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1845975
Old 06-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #915
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
There's the CBR Picture Thread here.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1845975

Thank you
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread