Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #856
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

FYI - the bed rails they have there should fit on the pirate beds as well as the regular ones. :-) (just called CBR and talked to a really nice lady). :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #857
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

I have read the whole thread over the last two days. Planning our first CBR stay in Feb!! We watched many youtube videos yesterday, oohing and aahing over the beautiful grounds. 242 days!!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #858
NicPie
Frozen 24/7

I called CBR today to ask a question and while I was on the phone I asked about the linens. The lady had no idea what I was talking about any transferred me to housekeeping. That lady told me there was no change to the blankets and they still had the Nemo ones. I said 'I heard people saying there were white covers instead now' and she said no.

lol

Old 06-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #859
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicPie View Post
I called CBR today to ask a question and while I was on the phone I asked about the linens. The lady had no idea what I was talking about any transferred me to housekeeping. That lady told me there was no change to the blankets and they still had the Nemo ones. I said 'I heard people saying there were white covers instead now' and she said no.

lol
I've seen the pictures .. they are in some buildings at least.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #860
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:

lol
It's crazy that I have actually had those white sheet/blanket/whatever you want to call them on my beds at the CBR yet housekeeping is still saying that they are using the Nemo ones. We were in Martinique a little over a week ago and that's the bedding that we had. Others have posted pics and info saying that they have them or had them while there too. We are more informed than Disney is.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #861
NicPie
Frozen 24/7

I saw the pics too, I had to laugh. I knew they had the white ones, just wasn't sure if it had been switched over in all the villages yet. Apparently they all have Nemo blankets .

Old 06-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #862
Katmat75
DIS Veteran

Just booked my airfare!! Southwest is having a great sale!
CBR here we come! Hurry September!!

August 1999 - CBR, August 2001 - CBR,August 2003 - AS, August 2004 - CBR, August 2005 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, Nov/Dec 2006 - SOG, August 2007 - CBR,August 2009 - CBR Offsite August 2010 ASMu September 2012 ASMu September 2013
Old 06-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #863
bumblesmama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It's crazy that I have actually had those white sheet/blanket/whatever you want to call them on my beds at the CBR yet housekeeping is still saying that they are using the Nemo ones. We were in Martinique a little over a week ago and that's the bedding that we had. Others have posted pics and info saying that they have them or had them while there too. We are more informed than Disney is.
Lisa..did you take extra blankets? How thin was the sheet/blanket thing? I don't wanna freeze at night!
Old 06-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #864
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblesmama View Post
Lisa..did you take extra blankets? How thin was the sheet/blanket thing? I don't wanna freeze at night!
I did have two afghans/throws in the back of the car and I took them in. I used one of them on my side of the bed 'cause John likes to keep the room cold. The sheet/bedspread/whatever wasn't super thin like a sheet and there was a lightweight blanket underneath too. I probably would have been okay had it not been for Mr. I Must Turn The Air Down Until We Are All Blowing Vapor From Our Noses. Seriously, he didn't turn it down that cold but he did keep it a little cooler than I would have preferred.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #865
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I saw the pics too, I had to laugh. I knew they had the white ones, just wasn't sure if it had been switched over in all the villages yet. Apparently they all have Nemo blankets .
Thank goodness, we all have the Dis to keep us updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmat75 View Post
Just booked my airfare!! Southwest is having a great sale!
CBR here we come! Hurry September!!
Woo Hoo!

Old 06-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #866
masonjar
Mouseketeer

Our past few trips we have stayed at the Poly and driven to AK and DS and taken the monorail to Epcot and MK. This trip we are staying at CBR with a group that has 27 total individuals. There may be days we split up and days we all head to the park together. Due to our group size and depending on which building we are put, we will probably drive to the parks. However, I'm undecided what to do about the MK day. I hate the idea of having to park and load at the TTC for the ride over and would rather take the bus. But with a possible 27 individuals in our group, I don't see us all getting on the same bus to the MK...again this might depend in which village we end up in. Suggestions on the bus or drive to the MK? The MK is several days into the trip so I am thinking (hoping) that several will be venturing out on their own by then anyway.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #867
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonjar View Post
Our past few trips we have stayed at the Poly and driven to AK and DS and taken the monorail to Epcot and MK. This trip we are staying at CBR with a group that has 27 total individuals. There may be days we split up and days we all head to the park together. Due to our group size and depending on which building we are put, we will probably drive to the parks. However, I'm undecided what to do about the MK day. I hate the idea of having to park and load at the TTC for the ride over and would rather take the bus. But with a possible 27 individuals in our group, I don't see us all getting on the same bus to the MK...again this might depend in which village we end up in. Suggestions on the bus or drive to the MK? The MK is several days into the trip so I am thinking (hoping) that several will be venturing out on their own by then anyway.
Could you just plan to meet at the park and then some could take the bus and some could drive?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #868
richkaryn
Mouseketeer

We stayed in Martinique last week and had the white...no Nemo blankets in our room!
March 2014- CBR DH, DS6, nephew 17, and myself
Old 06-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #869
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonjar View Post
Driving to the MK is the pits! I hated it and always rely on the buses to get us there (and to all of the other parks as well). But, in your situation, I can see your reasoning in driving. My mother, who is 79, had no issues, whatsoever, taking the buses to and from the parks by herself. There's enough signage on the buses and the park bus stops that I think everybody should be fine making their own way to the Magic Kingdom even if ya'll did get split up.

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 06-12-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #870
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

I think I'll miss taking the ferryboat to MK, as we always stayed offsite before and had to drive in. Going straight to the MK from our resort will be nice though.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: