Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #796
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
We have found the bus service to be great and we feel it's part of the experience. We have met so many great people from all over the world on the buses.
We're like this too, except we fly down and don't rent a car. The buses always seem to work out during our stays. Sure, occasionally we have to wait a bit but mostly they are pretty efficient. After a week at WDW, it seems strange to get back in our car at the airport.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #797
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

I know I am asking this on the CBR thread so I'm sure you all are biased, but we are booked at AKL for the first week in August. DS6 just mentioned that he really wanted to stay in a pirate room so I am comparing the two to figure out which would be best for us. DD is 2 and will most likely be sleeping on a toddler inflatable mattress. Is there room for something like that?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #798
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
DD is 2 and will most likely be sleeping on a toddler inflatable mattress. Is there room for something like that?

Yup. There's a couple different places you could put it. Between either bed and the wall or move the table and chairs slightly.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #799
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Will be leaving this time tomorrow for our first CBR stay.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #800
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Jealous!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #801
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I want a full report!! :-)

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #802
Diegosmom
DIS Veteran

72 hours and we should be arriving at our first stay at CBR...I cant wait...

Especially for DS to try out the pool...

prob one time in his life where being short pays off...he is 6 but no where near 48" and he will love that splash are.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #803
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegosmom View Post
72 hours and we should be arriving at our first stay at CBR...I cant wait...

Especially for DS to try out the pool...

prob one time in his life where being short pays off...he is 6 but no where near 48" and he will love that splash are.
I kinda hope DS isn't past the 48" as well...

Old 06-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #804
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977

I kinda hope DS isn't past the 48" as well...

FYI, after multiple stays I've only seen them measure and ask one kid to leave the area. And, I hate to say it, the kid deserved it. He was making it hard for the little ones to enjoy themselves by running by them, splashing them, and bumping into them.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #805
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
I know I am asking this on the CBR thread so I'm sure you all are biased, but we are booked at AKL for the first week in August. DS6 just mentioned that he really wanted to stay in a pirate room so I am comparing the two to figure out which would be best for us. DD is 2 and will most likely be sleeping on a toddler inflatable mattress. Is there room for something like that?

I've stayed ay both. AKL is beautiful!!!!! No grounds like that anywhere. We like CBR also though. Staying there again in December. As far as room size goes AKL is not much bigger than CBR at all.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #806
Katmat75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a great time!

August 1999 - CBR, August 2001 - CBR,August 2003 - AS, August 2004 - CBR, August 2005 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, Nov/Dec 2006 - SOG, August 2007 - CBR,August 2009 - CBR Offsite August 2010 ASMu September 2012 ASMu September 2013
Old 06-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #807
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Have fun!!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #808
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Looks like I belong in here now!
I just made the switch to CBR from POFQ for our August trip this morning.
While we liked the idea of staying at POFQ, 2 things made us change our mind. One is that the foodcourt menu wasn't quite what we were looking for. DD(16) is a vegetarian and there were only a few choices for her and only one that she would actually eat. The CBR menu was better for us. And two ..POOLS!!
POFQ only has the one, and the slide is small. My ds(9) will swim at least once a day in the main pool, and we always hop in the quiet pool before we go to bed for a few minutes. CBR just appealed to us way more with the gorgeous feature pool and all of the quiet pools.

We did end up booking a preferred room. It was worth it to me to be close to everything. Looking forward to it!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #809
MyMagicKingdom
Mouseketeer

So we have a trip booked for November and we were originally supposed to be staying at POR with a garden view but it turns out that we can't stay there with our free dining PIN so the moved us to POFQ. I was excited to stay at POR but I can't get excited about FQ, even though I know there's access to POR as well.
We stayed at CBR in January and really, really loved it...we were in Martinique 26 and my kids loved the kiddie pool. I'm tempted to just go back to CBR instead of FQ because we really liked the resort but we still want to try something different. I'm thinking of staying in the pirate rooms...this will be a surprise trip for the kids anyway and they'll be 5 and 2 at the time so they'll love it. Just a few questions...
1. I've heard that the mattresses are shorter than the Nemo rooms to avoid the ship portion sticking out too much in the room. Can anyone confirm this? I'm 5'11 and DH is 6'3 so we can't really afford a shorter than usual mattress.
2. Does anyone know if the pirate rooms are blacked out of the free dining PIN in Nov? I think its the Disney visa card holder pin.

Thanks!!!!
*June 2009 (Honeymoon!!!) ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)/The Polynesian (Aotearoa)/Disney Wonder*
*August 2010 ~ Pop Century ..... First time celebrating my birthday in WDW and DS' first WDW trip!!!!!!*
*August 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge....My bday (again!) and DS' first trip to WDW!!! *
*January 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach*
*November 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach...surprise trip for the kids!!! First MVMCP!!!! *
Old 06-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #810
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMagicKingdom View Post
So we have a trip booked for November and we were originally supposed to be staying at POR with a garden view but it turns out that we can't stay there with our free dining PIN so the moved us to POFQ. I was excited to stay at POR but I can't get excited about FQ, even though I know there's access to POR as well.
We stayed at CBR in January and really, really loved it...we were in Martinique 26 and my kids loved the kiddie pool. I'm tempted to just go back to CBR instead of FQ because we really liked the resort but we still want to try something different. I'm thinking of staying in the pirate rooms...this will be a surprise trip for the kids anyway and they'll be 5 and 2 at the time so they'll love it. Just a few questions...
1. I've heard that the mattresses are shorter than the Nemo rooms to avoid the ship portion sticking out too much in the room. Can anyone confirm this? I'm 5'11 and DH is 6'3 so we can't really afford a shorter than usual mattress.
2. Does anyone know if the pirate rooms are blacked out of the free dining PIN in Nov? I think its the Disney visa card holder pin.

Thanks!!!!
I can't speak to the bed issue because I haven't stayed there so hopefully someone else can help. But I know I just booked with a free dining pin today and the pirate rooms were coming up.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: