Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #781
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
the set up is odd with the registers working right to left instead of left to right, and some of the CMs there were downright rude! One kept yelling at everyone that they were lining up "wrong".
Could you explain what you mean about the registers. They seemed sensible to me. You get your food and go through the register(s) to the seating area.

No excuse for rudeness at all. I've had one CM at the food court there who lost my order and when I asked why it was taking so long was told that it was all my fault. Hmmm.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #782
bedogged
Choose parents that aged well

Could someone please give me an idea of the order of pickup at the different villages? One of our party is disabled and that could be an issue for us.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #783
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedogged
Could someone please give me an idea of the order of pickup at the different villages? One of our party is disabled and that could be an issue for us.
It depends on which entrance the driver uses. If the side entrance, Jamaica is first. If the main entrance, Martinique is first. Check out the map in post #1 of this thread to see what I'm talking about.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #784
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedogged View Post
In my experience most of the time Jamaica was picked up first. The Magic Kingdom picked up only half of the resort before it went to the park.

As far as how the registers are set up, I will try and explain. The food options are to the right side, and the registers are on the left. So when you go to go through a register it is on your right hand side as you stand, and you move from right to left.

Most places (every other Disney counter service I can think of) have a left to right set up. You pick up your food to the left and then move to the right. At CBR people if someone was already in line, people were trying to line up on their left, which seems normal, but is backwards for CBR. One of the CMs kept yelling at people for being on the wrong side and screaming that you needed to line up on the other side. It was really screaming, she wasn't asking loudly, she was yelling! It was very unsettling.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #785
ladybuglydia
Mouseketeer

We just booked for our November 20th anniversary trip How long does it take for the bus to make it thru the 8 different bus stops? I prefer to be the first or second stop. We normally stay in OKW which has only 5 stops. I would love to hear your recommendations on buildings and your reasons why. I'm sorry if this has already been posted but didn't have time to read thru 50+ pages. Thanks in advance for any advice to a CBR newbie.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #786
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybuglydia
We just booked for our November 20th anniversary trip How long does it take for the bus to make it thru the 8 different bus stops? I prefer to be the first or second stop. We normally stay in OKW which has only 5 stops. I would love to hear your recommendations on buildings and your reasons why. I'm sorry if this has already been posted but didn't have time to read thru 50+ pages. Thanks in advance for any advice to a CBR newbie.
Congrats! The full loop takes between 7-10 minutes. If the bus enters the side entrance, Jamaica is first. If it comes in the main entrance, Martinique is first. We love Jamaica 45 with Aruba 51 being a close second. Both are a very short stroll across the bridge to OPR and the main pool. Enjoy! CBR is our favorite moderate.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #787
nessz79
DIS Veteran

3 more days for us! I'm debating on whether or not to upgrade to Preferred. We will have my in-laws with us. Although my 70-something-year-old MIL can walk, she is very slow and tires with too much walking. Originally, I was going to request a close room with the regular rate. If I wait and see what room we are offered, can I then have the option to upgrade to preferred if we think it will still be too far?
Old 06-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #788
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessz79 View Post
If I wait and see what room we are offered, can I then have the option to upgrade to preferred if we think it will still be too far?
As long as there is availability, you can upgrade.

ETA - Disney's website is showing preferred available starting June 6th.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #789
nessz79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
As long as there is availability, you can upgrade.

ETA - Disney's website is showing preferred available starting June 6th.
Great- thanks!
Old 06-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #790
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

What's the height requirement for the kids water play area? I have a 6 year old and 2 year old that the pirate ship play area would be perfect for as long as DS isn't too big for it...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 06-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #791
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
What's the height requirement for the kids water play area? I have a 6 year old and 2 year old that the pirate ship play area would be perfect for as long as DS isn't too big for it...

Under 48".
Old 06-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #792
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

How far are the pirate rooms from the main pool and OPR? I think I saw about 7 minutes or so walk?

Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...

Last edited by Koh1977; 06-04-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:10 AM   #793
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How far are the pirate rooms from the main pool and OPR? I think I saw about 7 minutes or so walk?

From the absolute farthest point of Trinidad South (Building 39) it's just under 10 minutes. From the closest point (front corner of Building 35) it's right around 7 minutes. Both of those are at a leisurely pace with me stopping to take some pictures along the way.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #794
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

From the absolute farthest point of Trinidad South (Building 39) it's just under 10 minutes. From the closest point (front corner of Building 35) it's right around 7 minutes. Both of those are at a leisurely pace with me stopping to take some pictures along the way.
Any specific building you'd request then if booking a pirate room? Is the water view worth it? I was thinking just standard view, top floor, corner room if possible. Building 37 perhaps?

We will have a car. Would it be better to drive to the parks or take the busses?

Old 06-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #795
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Any specific building you'd request then if booking a pirate room? I was thinking just standard view, top floor, corner room if possible. Building 37 perhaps?
We too like top floor and corner rooms! As far as building, I would say 36 or 37 as both are the closest to the Trinidad South bus stop.

Quote:
Is the water view worth it?
Here is my opinion. We never do anything but a standard view when staying at a moderate or a value. In order to enjoy the view, we have to have our curtains wide open which we do not like to do. With the outside hallways, everyone walking by can see in. Now when staying deluxe, we will pay for a good view because we have a balcony to sit out on in our pjs and enjoy. CBR has some beautiful scenery, so while my wife is finishing getting ready my son and I will just walk down the stairs and either sit in one of the courtyards or on the beach.

Quote:
We will have a car. Would it be better to drive to the parks or take the busses?
Whenever we have had our car with us, it never leaves it's spot in the parking lot until we head home. We have found the bus service to be great and we feel it's part of the experience. We have met so many great people from all over the world on the buses.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: