Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #691
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the pics! I honestly can't see them sticking with those linens for the beds. They are simply too plain and thin. I would think that something else is coming along down the road.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 05-12-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #692
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

I saw pics of ASports, and they had the same type linens with a small print blanket or something across the foot of the bed. It looked better that way, just a little bit of color. I don't care for the plain white, either. It won't ruin my trip by any means, but I'd prefer something with a little color.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 05:02 AM   #693
CTPacky

DIS Veteran

Those white things are the "blankets" that are usually under the bed spread. I just got back friday night, and my sources told me that the redone room everyone saw pictures of are of 1 of 2 mock up rooms in anticipation of a room makeover which is planned for next year..............bear in mind Disneys' fiscal year ends in October.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #694
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Hi Guys,

Sorry bit of a weird one here, not sure if any recent goers can recall or if anyone is heading off very soon or maybe there at moment.

Our little one whilst being confident in the water (she's 7), is not able to swim without the aid of water rings.

Just wondering if anyone recalls the types of character or themed water rings that are sold within Calypso market (think that's the name of it).

Our little one has a few swimsuits, a couple of flowers type ones (if any Pirates Arm Bands that'd be quite cool), also a Red and White Minnie Swimsuit and a Ariel Swimsuit.

Anyone able to advise? Or is it exactly what I'd find in the Disney Store website?

TIA

FD
WDW Orlando: June 2013

Old 05-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #695
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd1972uk View Post
Hi Guys,

Sorry bit of a weird one here, not sure if any recent goers can recall or if anyone is heading off very soon or maybe there at moment.

Our little one whilst being confident in the water (she's 7), is not able to swim without the aid of water rings.

Just wondering if anyone recalls the types of character or themed water rings that are sold within Calypso market (think that's the name of it).

Our little one has a few swimsuits, a couple of flowers type ones (if any Pirates Arm Bands that'd be quite cool), also a Red and White Minnie Swimsuit and a Ariel Swimsuit.

Anyone able to advise? Or is it exactly what I'd find in the Disney Store website?

TIA

FD
We weren't specifically looking for swimwear or the floaties last May but I do remember there being floaties in the store. I believe they were Nemo but I could be wrong.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 05-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #696
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTPacky View Post
Those white things are the "blankets" that are usually under the bed spread. I just got back friday night, and my sources told me that the redone room everyone saw pictures of are of 1 of 2 mock up rooms in anticipation of a room makeover which is planned for next year..............bear in mind Disneys' fiscal year ends in October.
That would definitely make sense and heres hoping they are spending the money on new "queen" sized comforters for the new refurb'ed rooms!!! Im glad they have 2 mock up rooms too and pray they dont pick that awful brown one we seen the pics of. I just pity the poor guests from now till then that have no comforter!!! Thanks for the info CTPacky

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 05-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #697
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
That would definitely make sense and heres hoping they are spending the money on new "queen" sized comforters for the new refurb'ed rooms!!! Im glad they have 2 mock up rooms too and pray they dont pick that awful brown one we seen the pics of. I just pity the poor guests from now till then that have no comforter!!! Thanks for the info CTPacky
If there's no comforter in our room, I'm going to request one. I don't know that it will do any good, but I'll ask.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #698
mymankeith
Mouseketeer

Are all of the buildings and rooms in Martinique considered "preferred" rooms? I booked a water or pool view room, and didn't know if I could request the Martinique rooms? Thank you
Old 05-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #699
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymankeith View Post
Are all of the buildings and rooms in Martinique considered "preferred" rooms? I booked a water or pool view room, and didn't know if I could request the Martinique rooms? Thank you
No, only buildings 24, 25 & 26 in Martinique are preferred. Buildings 21, 22 & 23 are standard.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #700
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

Good thing you bought that new topper. Room for comforter.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #701
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
Good thing you bought that new topper. Room for comforter.
I hadn't thought about that.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #702
Katmat75
DIS Veteran

Well....... Here goes my story:

My husband and I are going to WDW 9/24/13 to 10/1/13. I called first thing last Thursday when free dining was offered to GP. I booked ASMu which is what my DH and I agreed on financially. We have always stayed at CBR except I think 3 times. We love CBR! It was our first on site resort and we fell in love with the place!! Well, This past Saturday I really really got the urge to stay at CBR. I called to see if I could get a room with the free dining package and the CM tried and said he had help from the "Big Mouse" ( Whom I love dearly!) and was able to find us a room!!!

Here's the clincher: We just had our 30th Anniversary in April and are going to celebrate while in WDW!! I am going to take money weekly and send it to WDW and I am not telling DH I have changed resorts!! A big Surprise! I am not going to tell him until we have to get on the DME since he will find out then when we get in the line for CBR!! This is so hard to keep from him but I am going to try so very hard!

I keep talking about places we had TS at previously and which ones he liked the best because he thinks we are at the value and only get QS dining. So I have made all our ressies and hope he's happy with them all!!

Hope he likes my surprise which I think he will!

Just trying to keep the secret!

August 1999 - CBR, August 2001 - CBR,August 2003 - AS, August 2004 - CBR, August 2005 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, Nov/Dec 2006 - SOG, August 2007 - CBR,August 2009 - CBR Offsite August 2010 ASMu September 2012 ASMu September 2013
Old 05-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #703
Sobes
Mouseketeer

Countdown!

I am excited, even though we will be at Disney during Memorial day weekend(which we did not realize until last week). We have not been in over four years and it is our first moderate resort. Does anyone have any suggestions of nearby hotels that are decent to stay at? We want to drive up the night before that way we are already up in Orlando our first day. Not looking for anything fancy, just a place to sleep that is not run down.

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/0g9d4agshh2zopc6.png[/img][/link]

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...gshh2zopc6.png
Old 05-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #704
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

I love CBR!!! But now I'm second guessing it. if that's the only covers they have on the bed-I don't know if I'll like that. I get cold super easy. They look like undone beds.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:02 AM   #705
Port Orleans fan
Over tipping is a fools game.....so have fun playing you intellectual genius.

Did CBR get rid of the Finding Nemo bed covers?
Dec 2012 - POR/POFQ
Nov 2013 - POP
Dec 2013 - Disney Dream
Dec 2013 - ASMu
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: