Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #496
Ms Marigny
Born under a bad sign

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you do a village request during online check-in? I thought I had read that before, but I may be mistaken...
Old 04-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #497
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Marigny View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you do a village request during online check-in? I thought I had read that before, but I may be mistaken...
I did online check in a few weeks back and there were village requests. I believe they had Jamaica, Aruba and Martinique. I know that Jamaica and Martinique were options just not sure about Aruba. Having said that, when I did online check-in for all three of our reservations, I received a notification that they were unable to process my requests. Go figure?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #498
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Marigny View Post
Yes - when I did online check in a few weeks ago through the new website it prompted me to make requests. I had all of the villages to choose from plus some options like ground floor, high floor, corner room, close to transportation etc I believe you could choose two requests in total....
Old 04-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #499
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
Yes - when I did online check in a few weeks ago through the new website it prompted me to make requests. I had all of the villages to choose from plus some options like ground floor, high floor, corner room, close to transportation etc I believe you could choose two requests in total....
Now that you mentioned it, I do remember there being an option for close to transportation which I thought was a tad bit funny since every village has a bus stop. They also had a request for pack-n-play.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 04-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #500
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Now that you mentioned it, I do remember there being an option for close to transportation which I thought was a tad bit funny since every village has a bus stop. They also had a request for pack-n-play.
Those other options (ground floor, transportation, pack-n-play, etc) are generic. They show up for every resort that I've seen/heard of so far.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 04-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #501
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Those other options (ground floor, transportation, pack-n-play, etc) are generic. They show up for every resort that I've seen/heard of so far.
That's what I figured...that they were generic options.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #502
Ms Marigny
Born under a bad sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I did online check in a few weeks back and there were village requests. I believe they had Jamaica, Aruba and Martinique. I know that Jamaica and Martinique were options just not sure about Aruba. Having said that, when I did online check-in for all three of our reservations, I received a notification that they were unable to process my requests. Go figure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
Thanks for the quick info, y'all! I can do my online check-in now!

We decided last week to do a last minute trip before our APs run out and I'm so excited! We've decided to stay at CBR, which we absolutely love! (I think I've stayed here around 10 times now...)

We normally request Jamaica when we book, but I'm wondering about the impact of the exterior renovation so I haven't made any requests yet. I've never stayed in Martinique, so maybe I'll request there this time.

28 days!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #503
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

I need some advice. DH and I decided that we need to take a trip this summer and head up to Disney World. We have stayed at POP and Coronado in the past and are thinking about CBR. I have never stayed her, but DH has a LONG time ago for his Senior Trip. He doesn't really remember the resort much. We know the difference between POP and CBR, but what does everything think about CBR over Coronado. We have a 2 year old daughter and I think she'll really enjoy the pool at CBR. Please help with suggestions. Thanks.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:57 AM   #504
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

I am really looking forward to my stay in CBR in June. However, I am a tad concerned with some reports I have read about the resort being 'rundown and in need of a major referb'. Thoughts?
Also, is it a major annoyance that it only had double beds? We are in a preferred room (which will mean Martinique or Trindad - right?). What are these villages like?
Thanks for your help xx

Old 04-13-2013, 04:43 AM   #505
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
I am really looking forward to my stay in CBR in June. However, I am a tad concerned with some reports I have read about the resort being 'rundown and in need of a major referb'. Thoughts?
Also, is it a major annoyance that it only had double beds? We are in a preferred room (which will mean Martinique or Trindad - right?). What are these villages like?
Thanks for your help xx
Before our first stay we had the same concerns after reading reviews on tripadvisor. But found CBR to be awesome. We have been there the last 3 Octobers and none of our rooms have been rundown at all. CBR has been the moderate that has gone the longest without a refurb. But it is getting one right now starting in Jamaica 44 (including queen beds!!). Friends of ours just returned from their first CBR stay and had glowing reviews. You can run into an issue with a room at any WDW resort, things happen. CBR is our favorite moderate by far and is just gorgeous.

We have never had an issue with the double beds. I am 6'3" and my wife is 5'9" and it has never been a problem. And we are used to a king at home.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #506
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
But it is getting one right now starting in Jamaica 44 (including queen beds!!). .
Have queen beds been confirmed?
Old 04-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #507
nessz79
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone- I'm late in posting this, but we visited CBR in March while we were at Disney. This particular trip, we were renting a townhome in Windsor Hills, but we wanted to show my DH's parents CBR since we would be staying there in June. Here are some of the pictures we took:

Old 04-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #508
nessz79
DIS Veteran

and a few more...

Old 04-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #509
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise cruise cruise View Post
Have queen beds been confirmed?
I was also wondering if the refurb has been confirmed and started, or if that was just a mock up of a room design. Either way, we check in 53 days!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #510
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
I was also wondering if the refurb has been confirmed and started, or if that was just a mock up of a room design. Either way, we check in 53 days!
We check in 55 days!!! Yay, see ya there!!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: