Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #481
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessietheNCCowgirl

The last time we stayed at CBR we were assigned a 2nd floor room in Martinique Bldg 22. I am pretty sure we were pixie dusted with an updgraded view because we could see the CBR lake from our window. We were also able to see the fireworks at night from our room.
One night it was kind of awkward because we opened the drapes to watch the fireworks and there were people standing at the railing in front of our room watching too. I know it wasn't our 'personal balcony' but it was kind of strange to open the curtains to find a group of people standing there! :

I hope you have a wonderful trip!
And that is the reason we don't pay for a water view at s moderate. To even see the view you have to have the drapes open and people can look in while walking by. If I want to enjoy the view I walk out and have a seat in the courtyard or on s bench by the water. Much more relaxing.

Now staying deluxe with your own balcony is another story.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #482
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

That is something I have never understood. Water view? There are no chairs out front to enjoy and we never open the drapes. Now preferred is our bag as it gets you close to dinning or food court or the main pool or shopping etc... Who really uses the view. Location is best even if you have somewhat of a view of the parking lot. I never understood those who hate parking lot view. We are in the room to rest, sleep or change clothes. Who goes to WDW to enjoy their room? I do prefer second floor though. Two years ago we were at POR AB second floor 16 and we saw the parking lot and garden view both and were told we were upgraded to garden view. No way would I pay extra for that.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #483
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessietheNCCowgirl View Post
The last time we stayed at CBR we were assigned a 2nd floor room in Martinique Bldg 22. I am pretty sure we were pixie dusted with an updgraded view because we could see the CBR lake from our window. We were also able to see the fireworks at night from our room.
One night it was kind of awkward because we opened the drapes to watch the fireworks and there were people standing at the railing in front of our room watching too. I know it wasn't our 'personal balcony' but it was kind of strange to open the curtains to find a group of people standing there!
:

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Thanks!
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
Old 04-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #484
luvpalmtrees
Mouseketeer

We are staying at CBR for the 5th time in July. We love CBR!We always request Jamaica and have gotten it all 4 times. I've been reading that Jamaica is being painted on the outside. Does anyone know if they are painting it the same colors? I hope so. I love the blue and yellow! I also read that there are pictures of the refurb. Can someone post those? Thank you!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #485
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpalmtrees View Post
We are staying at CBR for the 5th time in July. We love CBR!We always request Jamaica and have gotten it all 4 times. I've been reading that Jamaica is being painted on the outside. Does anyone know if they are painting it the same colors? I hope so. I love the blue and yellow! I also read that there are pictures of the refurb. Can someone post those? Thank you!
No one has posted whether or not the colors in Jamaica have changed so I'm assuming that they will remain yellow. Here's the link to the post referencing refurb pictures: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=356

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #486
luvpalmtrees
Mouseketeer

Thank you very much for the info and link. I'm not sure if I love the new decor but I like it. The rooms are so bright with the Nemo theme that I hope it still will be with the new decor. I'm still hoping for queen size beds!!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #487
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpalmtrees View Post
Thank you very much for the info and link. I'm not sure if I love the new decor but I like it. The rooms are so bright with the Nemo theme that I hope it still will be with the new decor. I'm still hoping for queen size beds!!
I think that I like the new decor. We've always liked the bright colorful bedspreads and pops of color throughout the room. The new rooms (if they do indeed change over) lack color. I couldn't tell from the pictures if the beds were queens or not. But, one would think that they'd make the bed switch since the CBR is the only mod with full size beds.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #488
luvpalmtrees
Mouseketeer

Yes, from the pictures it does look like the room lacks color. I just have to wonder why they would take away color inside, since all the buildings are so bright on the outside. The Poly is more in the brown family and CBR has always been so colorful. Well, we just have to wait and see.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #489
CerysG
Mouseketeer

I requested Jamacia or Aruba when we go in August, but it would be nice to get a referb room. Wonder if the beds will be double or queen? Oh well I think no matter where we are it will be good and we are so excited hard to wait another 4 months!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #490
ladynmom94
Earning My Ears

I think I'm in looove!!! I'm debating between POR & CBR for our next stay. I was leaning more towards POR because I like the refurb'd rooms (both the royal rooms & AB rooms) and wasn't really crazy about the CBR rooms (I don't know why but I think Golden Girls, lol). But if I could get one of these rooms.....CBR wins!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #491
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
No one has posted whether or not the colors in Jamaica have changed so I'm assuming that they will remain yellow. Here's the link to the post referencing refurb pictures: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=356

Last week, I didn't see any difference in the colors of the exterior of the Jamaica buildings.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #492
princessanj
Earning My Ears

I would love it if someone that was there now could tell us of any refurb or painting news
Old 04-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #493
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessanj View Post
I would love it if someone that was there now could tell us of any refurb or painting news
mcd745 just posted (and also posted on 4/7) that there was some construction equipment there during their stay and that they didn't hear any noise nor see a change in the Jamaica pain color.

denise5374 posted on 4/3 that they were in Aruba and saw work being done in Jamaica.

dis guy posted on 3/31 that they also saw work being doing in Jamaica.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #494
princessanj
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

mcd745 just posted (and also posted on 4/7) that there was some construction equipment there during their stay and that they didn't hear any noise nor see a change in the Jamaica pain color.

denise5374 posted on 4/3 that they were in Aruba and saw work being done in Jamaica.

dis guy posted on 3/31 that they also saw work being doing in Jamaica.
I saw those just thought there might be someone with pictures or up to the minute news. Sorry.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #495
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessanj View Post
I saw those just thought there might be someone with pictures or up to the minute news. Sorry.
Absolutely no need to be sorry! Just wanted to make sure that you saw the previous posts. I know that I am sometimes bad about not going back and reading posts that were a page or two back.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: