Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #466
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksloane View Post
I read that we can see some of the Epcot fireworks from The Martinique beach and the Old Port Royale courtyard. Is there a building that we can see them from? We have our favorite buildings at Pop as we can walk outside our room and watch fireworks. Wouldn't mind a longer walk if we can have that view at CBR.
We've always watched them from the beach. Not sure if there are any buildings you can see them from.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #467
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
We've always watched them from the beach. Not sure if there are any buildings you can see them from.
Thanks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #468
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I read that we can see some of the Epcot fireworks from The Martinique beach and the Old Port Royale courtyard. Is there a building that we can see them from? We have our favorite buildings at Pop as we can walk outside our room and watch fireworks. Wouldn't mind a longer walk if we can have that view at CBR.
If I am remembering correctly, I believe a while back someone posted that they watched them from one of the Barbados buildings. I wouldn't swear to it though.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #469
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
If I am remembering correctly, I believe a while back someone posted that they watched them from one of the Barbados buildings. I wouldn't swear to it though.
Cool. Maybe I'll just request "2nd Floor, Fireworks View" and see what happens. That's what we do at Pop Century
Old 04-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #470
goofy0626
Earning My Ears

Smile About how long does it take for the buses to make it's way around the resort?

We just switched to CBR from All Star Movies for early August. This will be our 1st time staying there. It's always been a place I've wanted to try. It looks so beautiful. However, the size of the resort with all the internal bus stops will be kind of different than using bus from All Star Movies. Can anyone give me an idea about how long it takes for the bus to make it's way around the different villages before it heads out to the parks. I've requested a preferred room and hopefully be close to Old Port Royale. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #471
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy0626 View Post
We just switched to CBR from All Star Movies for early August. This will be our 1st time staying there. It's always been a place I've wanted to try. It looks so beautiful. However, the size of the resort with all the internal bus stops will be kind of different than using bus from All Star Movies. Can anyone give me an idea about how long it takes for the bus to make it's way around the different villages before it heads out to the parks. I've requested a preferred room and hopefully be close to Old Port Royale. Thanks.
If you paid for preferred, then you'll be in one of the two villages on either side of Old Port Royale. Those villages are Martinique and Trinidad North. I actually timed our ride around the resort and, from the time we sat down on the bus in Jamaica, made our way around the resort, and pulled into the bus stop at the park, the times were as follows:

Magic Kingdom 13-16 minutes (went multiple times)
Epcot 10-12 minutes (went multiple times)
Hollywood Studios 11 minutes
Animal Kingdom: I can't remember the times nor find my notes but I do know that it was about the same as the MK times.

Of course, if the bus driver has to stop and help someone with a scooter or wheelchair board, it will take a bit longer but that would be the case at any resort.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 04-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #472
goofy0626
Earning My Ears

Thanks. That's not bad at all. I feel much better now. We're looking forward to our 1st stay there.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #473
Suelala
Mouseketeer

I have never had a bad experience with the bus service at CBR. Great resort!
Old 04-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #474
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy0626 View Post
We always stayed at ASMo too. Then once we stayed at CBR- we never wanted to go back- not even the kids!. LOVE LOVE CBR. We always stayed preferred too. It really doesnt take the buses long to make the rounds. There are stops but not many people get on at the stops so they are usually short and quick. We never had a aproblem. ENJOY!!! You're going to love it!!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #475
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Just got back last night. we had a great time despite the crowds. there were a lot of high school teams throughout the parks and staying at CBR - lots of baseball/softball teams and bands. We were in Aruba 5245. An okay location. We were definitely spoiled by our location the last time we stayed at CBR (Jamaica 4557). I never got an opportunity to check out what was going on in Jamaica. all I noticed was some equipment in the Jamaica parking lots. I never heard any construction or maintenance noise coming from Jamaica either.

No issues at all with the buses - even coming back from MK late, which was usually the only issue. We got to the CBR station and the line was flowing outsides the queues. I thought "here we go again"...however they soon dispatched 3 buses to CBR and emptied the entire line.

My kids really enjoyed the activities/games at the pool, which they weren't doing yet the last time we were there. I noticed the main pool wasn't open 24 hours like it was last time. I don't know if that's just something that depends on the time of year (our last visit to CBR was during August, so it was a lot warmer during the night) or if it's a full-time change they made. They still could use more lounges/chairs around the pool as there are never any available in the afternoon - with the exception of possibly getting something near the hot tub around back of the slide where you can't see the pool. Also, I really think they should have drink stations for your mugs by the quiet pools at each island/village - although I realize that would require mugs with barcodes like they have at the water parks.

Last edited by mcd2745; 04-12-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #476
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
Just got back last last. we had a great time despite the crowds. there were a lot of high school teams throughout the parks and staying at CBR - lots of baseball/softball teams and bands. We were in Aruba 5245. An okay location. We were definitely spoiled by our location the last time we stayed at CBR (Jamaica 4557). I never got an opportunity to check out what was going on in Jamaica. all I noticed was some equipment in the Jamaica parking lots. I never heard any construction or maintenance noise coming from Jamaica either.

No issues at all with the buses - even coming back from MK late, which was usually the only issue. We got to the CBR station and the line was flowing outsides the queues. I thought "here we go again"...however they soon dispatched 3 buses to CBR and emptied the entire line.

My kids really enjoyed the activities/games at the pool, which they weren't doing yet the last time we were there. I noticed the main pool wasn't open 24 hours like it was last time. I don't know if that's just something that depends on the time of year (our last visit to CBR was during August, so it was a lot warmer during the night) or if it's a full-time change they made. They still could use more lounges/chairs around the pool as there are never any available in the afternoon - with the exception of possibly getting something near the hot tub around back of the slide where you can't see the pool. Also, I really think they should have drink stations for your mugs by the quiet pools at each island/village - although I realize that would require mugs with barcodes like they have at the water parks.
So glad you had a lovely vacation glad to know there was no noise coming from Jamaica too as we have only payed for a standard room this time and was hoping for some quiet time. Totally agree about the drinks stations around the quiet pools, how nice that would be.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 04-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #477
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You can swear to it! I posted it and you can!

(From the side facing the parking lot)

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 04-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #478
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

AWESOME! Thanks!!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #479
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

It's good to know that my mind is not playing tricks on me! I was pretty darn sure that I had read your post.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #480
JessietheNCCowgirl
Yeehaw!

Quote:
Cool. Maybe I'll just request "2nd Floor, Fireworks View" and see what happens. That's what we do at Pop Century
The last time we stayed at CBR we were assigned a 2nd floor room in Martinique Bldg 22. I am pretty sure we were pixie dusted with an updgraded view because we could see the CBR lake from our window. We were also able to see the fireworks at night from our room.
One night it was kind of awkward because we opened the drapes to watch the fireworks and there were people standing at the railing in front of our room watching too. I know it wasn't our 'personal balcony' but it was kind of strange to open the curtains to find a group of people standing there!
:

I hope you have a wonderful trip!
Port Orleans-1992 & 1994 CBR & POFQ -2000 Coronado Springs-2001 Polynesian-2003 AKL & GF- 2004 WL & GF 2006 POFQ -2007 CBR-2008 Polynesian-2009 POR Aug & Oct 2010 POR Jan 2011, CBR Feb 2011, POFQ Aug 2011, POR Oct 2011, ASMo Dec 2011, Polynesian Feb 2012, Pop & POR May 2012, AoA and Yacht Club Oct 2012 BWI & YC Aug 2013, Poly Oct 2013, YC May 2014, BWI July 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: