Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #451
MidwestMulan
Earning My Ears

Hi All!- Just switched from Pop to CBR with the new discounts today and I'm really excited! Based on the last few posts... we are going in early August should I be concerned the resort will be overrun with sports teams? I'm guessing Pop is just as likely to have that happen as well?

Thanks!

Old 04-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #452
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMulan View Post
Hi All!- Just switched from Pop to CBR with the new discounts today and I'm really excited! Based on the last few posts... we are going in early August should I be concerned the resort will be overrun with sports teams? I'm guessing Pop is just as likely to have that happen as well?

Thanks!
Congrats on the switch! I think that you'll be fine even if the sports teams do spill over to the CBR.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #453
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
From posts by those who were there recently and a couple of pictures posted before, it does appear that the village of Jamaica is being refurbed. The official word is that they are just repainting. But, from the looks of the pictures, it seems as if the rooms will be refurbed as well.
Thanks Lisa.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 04-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #454
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Thanks Lisa.
You're welcome! I've been keeping my eyes and ears open for any news but haven't heard anything else since the pictures were posted. I don't think that the travel agent friend of mine was able to make it over to the CBR but she did ask and they didn't even know about any of the painting.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 04-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #455
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

just like me to have requested Jamaica too...UGH...even if they put me in Aruba I dont want to hear the sound of sanders going all day long, the plan was to relax at the quiet pool a few days.. oh well I will just have to wait and see when I get there where they end up putting us, I can always ask them to move us when I get there if Im not happy with the room...no big deal. .....( hubby laughed when I told him I had requested Jamaica and just found out it was being painted as we are normally the family that gets the rooms that face the dumsters or the brick walls...we never ever luck out with rooms like others do...lol) 33 and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 04-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #456
denise5374
Dares to say CRUISE out loud
Don't go back to lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
just like me to have requested Jamaica too...UGH...even if they put me in Aruba I dont want to hear the sound of sanders going all day long, the plan was to relax at the quiet pool a few days.. oh well I will just have to wait and see when I get there where they end up putting us, I can always ask them to move us when I get there if Im not happy with the room...no big deal. .....( hubby laughed when I told him I had requested Jamaica and just found out it was being painted as we are normally the family that gets the rooms that face the dumsters or the brick walls...we never ever luck out with rooms like others do...lol) 33 and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last week, I was at CBR in Aruba bldg 51, right next to Jamaica and they were working on the outside of the buildings in Jamaica but I never heard the noise, we went to the Aruba quiet pool one afternoon and there was no noise from the workmen, only the sounds of pool games from the main pool.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #457
BamaGirl
Mouseketeer

How bad is it at CBR when the cheer teams are there? We will arrive on April 28th and they leave on the 30th. I am glad that I saw another post about them since I was able to find out that they have a party at HS on the 29th.

I am so proud for all of the teams that get to go to WDW and participate in the competition. I just hope that I can still have the trip that I have been planning for.

WDW Commando Member #123

Old 04-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #458
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

thank you denise...the noise was what I was worried about...I remember going to POP once year and they were sanding down the big statues around the hippy dippy pool..omg the sound of the sander drove me crazy!! that makes me feel much better now...thank you again

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 04-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #459
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Yea. I've read through this entire thread over the last 2 days. I don't think I'll try to read the old one.

We are trying out CBR June 5-12. Can't wait. We were originally booked at AoA, but with the discount at that time, we could stay for almost the same price at a Mod so I let my dd12 look them all up and pick with the compromise that we'll go spend our last night at AoA.

Can't wait to keep reading future posts and learn as much as possible before we go in 63 days!!
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
Old 04-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #460
Sofaman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGirl View Post
How bad is it at CBR when the cheer teams are there? We will arrive on April 28th and they leave on the 30th. I am glad that I saw another post about them since I was able to find out that they have a party at HS on the 29th.

I am so proud for all of the teams that get to go to WDW and participate in the competition. I just hope that I can still have the trip that I have been planning for.
For the past 4 yrs we have stayed at thr CBR in the last week of april and begining of May and to be honest you the only time I noticed them was when we had breakfast realy early one morning at OPR I think they keep them realy busy at the sports complex they realy dont spend much time at the resort
Old 04-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #461
denise5374
Dares to say CRUISE out loud
Don't go back to lurking

There were high school teams there last week, I saw baseball, softball and girls lacrosse. Only at the food court and they weren't obnoxious at all. They must have real early games because I was there at 7am and they were on their way out.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #462
CerysG
Mouseketeer

We are going to be there the last week of August so I hope we don't run into any of the teams or the Brazilians that I keep hearing about. With it being such a big resort I'm sure there is more then enough room for everyone. Having said that there is nothing worse then having loud rude people next to you or below or above you. We always try to think of those around us and not make more noise then we need but there are certainly many who don't worry about that.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #463
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You're welcome! I've been keeping my eyes and ears open for any news but haven't heard anything else since the pictures were posted. I don't think that the travel agent friend of mine was able to make it over to the CBR but she did ask and they didn't even know about any of the painting.
Well that don't surprise me.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 04-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #464
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Well that don't surprise me.
Me either! I just spoke with a CM to confirm that they had our requests notated and they didn't know about the refurbishing either.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #465
ksloane
DIS Veteran

I read that we can see some of the Epcot fireworks from The Martinique beach and the Old Port Royale courtyard. Is there a building that we can see them from? We have our favorite buildings at Pop as we can walk outside our room and watch fireworks. Wouldn't mind a longer walk if we can have that view at CBR.
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: