Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 06:53 AM   #406
Kona65
Taking it slow and easy!

I know on the Unofficial site for PORS you can find the locations for the King Size rooms, does CB have a site that shows this?
Old 03-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #407
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona65
I know on the Unofficial site for PORS you can find the locations for the King Size rooms, does CB have a site that shows this?
Not that I'm aware of.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #408
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTPacky View Post
Room #4431
Thank you! I just passed along the info to my travel agent friend. I found the other site that had the pictures but I didn't see any specifics. Do you mind sharing where you are getting the info?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #409
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Room #4431
now i have a room request

Old 03-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #410
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

Information at POR is so good due to the fantastic job Andre does. There is no other resort that has so much and so up to date info the POR & POFQ due to Andre. Thank you Andre for the job you do and the connections you have. Pretty good for someone who lives over the pond.

Micheystoontown needs to be commended for her help at CBR.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #411
Sofaman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
ok sofaman...its up to you to find these refurbished rooms...lol we will bail ya out if you get caught...hahaha
I will do my best
Old 03-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #412
whitfive
Mouseketeer

We will be staying at Caribbean Beach for the first time in early December and we were lucky enought to get one of the pirate rooms.

I have a question for all of you "in the know".......I understand that there are several bus stops around the property that pick up/drop off people and then head to the assigned park, is this correct?

Is it a better use of time to walk to the Customs House and catch the bus to say, Epcot, rather than trying to get on the bus in Trinadad?

I guess what I want to know is what is the quickest way to get to the parks?

Times a wastin'!

Thank you!
Michelle

ME DH DS 18 DD17 DS 13

WDW:May 2000,Feb 2002,Nov 2003,Dec 2005, Jan 2007,Nov 2007,Feb 2009,Dec 2010,Nov 2011, Sept 2012,May 2013, Dec 2013, March 2014, Sept 2014
DCL: April 2010-Wonder 4 nt. Bahama June 2012-Fantasy 7 nt. Eastern Feb 9 2013-Magic 6 nt.Western Oct 27 2013-Dream 4 nt Bahama Jan. 2, 2014-Dream 3 nt. Bahama March 7, 2014-Magic 3 nt Bahama June 7, 2014-Fantasy 7 nt. Western Oct 1 2014-Wonder 5 nt Double Dip Jun 20, 2015-Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Carnival: Aug 2011-Facination 4 night Bahama
Old 03-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #413
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitfive View Post
We will be staying at Caribbean Beach for the first time in early December and we were lucky enought to get one of the pirate rooms.

I have a question for all of you "in the know".......I understand that there are several bus stops around the property that pick up/drop off people and then head to the assigned park, is this correct?

Is it a better use of time to walk to the Customs House and catch the bus to say, Epcot, rather than trying to get on the bus in Trinadad?

I guess what I want to know is what is the quickest way to get to the parks?

Times a wastin'!

Thank you!
Michelle
Hey Michelle! You certainly don't want to walk all the way to the Customs House to catch a bus.....it's a long way from Trinidad South. But, I think you may have actually been referring to Old Port Royale where the food court, main pool, etc. are.

The buses take two different routes around the resort. When they use the side entrance, the buses stop at Jamaica first, then loop around via Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North and then Trinidad South. If they come in from the front of the resort, they stop at Martinique first, then Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and lastly, Barbados. Honestly, I wouldn't spend the time walking to another bus stop to catch the bus.

We've not stayed in the pirate rooms but we have seen times when there were plenty of places to sit for those getting on at the Trinidad South bus stop. Of course, there will be times when the buses make it to your bus stop and it's standing room only but that could happen at any of the stops.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 03-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #414
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
Information at POR is so good due to the fantastic job Andre does. There is no other resort that has so much and so up to date info the POR & POFQ due to Andre. Thank you Andre for the job you do and the connections you have. Pretty good for someone who lives over the pond.

I agree that Andre does an amazing job keeping the POR and POFQ threads up-to-date. I honestly don't see how he does it. That's a ton of work!

Thanks for the compliment! My family and I do love the CBR and it's our home away from home. I remember our first trip to the CBR. I had so many questions leading up to that first stay and was very grateful for the answers that I received on the Dis. It's my hope that I can help others plan ahead and that they fall in love with the resort just like we have.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:25 AM   #415
CTPacky

DIS Veteran

I saw the pics on a fellow guests phone. He threatened to forward them to me, but I guess he lost the cocktail napkin with my email address. A drive by showed they were working on that building.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #416
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I saw the pics on a fellow guests phone. He threatened to forward them to me, but I guess he lost the cocktail napkin with my email address. A drive by showed they were working on that building.
Maybe you need to send him a reminder!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #417
Kona65
Taking it slow and easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post

I agree.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #418
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona65 View Post
I agree.
Thanks for the kind comments folks, but I think the best resort-based site on the web by a long way is the Steve 'The TikiMan's Polynesian site. That's what I aspire for my site to be like.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #419
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona65 View Post
What is pak-n-play?
Here's a recent article on the pak-n-play: http://blog.touringplans.com/2013/03...e-pack-n-play/

Old 03-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #420
Kona65
Taking it slow and easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Thanks for the kind comments folks, but I think the best resort-based site on the web by a long way is the Steve 'The TikiMan's Polynesian site. That's what I aspire for my site to be like.

Andre
Don't sell yourself short. Both web's are very good, one is deluxe, one is mod. We just thank you for all of your hard work. You don't have to do it. But we really appreciate it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: